[Plugin] Animal Breed Master - Viehzuchtmeister V0.81.1

• New Version: V0.40:

• notifications in chat can be turned off and on (/abm showchat off bzw. /abm showchat on)
    • name tags can be turned off and on (/abm showlabels off bzw. /abm showlabels on)
    • new animal variations (brown cow, black bear and white goat) are considered now

Neue Version: V0.40:

• Benachrichtigungen im Chat sind aus- und einschaltbar (/abm showchat off bzw. /abm showchat on)
    • die Namensetiketten sind aus- und einschaltbar (/abm showlabels off bzw. /abm showlabels on)
    • neue Tiervariationen (braune Kuh, Schwarzbär und weiße Ziege) werden nun berücksichtigt
  • Yes you can hide names and text on your screen when you take screen shots.
    Got to the console menu: use the tilde ~ key (next to the 1 and under the Esc keys)
    type
    hud
    no caps
    Your screen will clear of all text
    when done: type again
    hud
    your screen will return to normal

• Players on our server are still experiencing difficulties with the naming. You end up in a state where the dialog box is there and you can type a name fine, but the enter key does nothing. You can click outside the input box and then hit esc key and the whole dialog disappears, but then you can't get the naming dialog box back again until you log off and back on again. Not always and issue, but often an issue naming animals.

• we on rosalia have discovered the minipig refuses to eat anything. They are supposed to eat watermelon but won't. the other animals are eating just not the mini pig. OK this has been tested down to it is the watermelon that is causeing the problem. cows will eat carrots and refuse apples but won't respond to watermelon. mini pigs are supposed to eat watermelon but won't respond and refuse everything else.

• New Version: V0.41:

• fixed: mini pig not feedable caused by wrong key

Neue Version: V0.41:

• behoben: Minischwein nicht fütterbar aufgrund falschen Schlüssels

@Jon_miner and @sharkbitefischer:
    I tried to tweak the naming (not listed in the changelog), but do not hope too much.
    I do not know what causes these issue for (some) players.

A main problem can be:
    Several plugins may interfere with each other under certain circumstances,
    because some API function calls for player or world interactions are changing states globally.
    This can explain why not all players experience this issue. But otherwise I am at a loss. ?(

• Had a few ideas for this plugin. How about a way to track down lost animals? Maybe a "chip" in their neck that we could track with an "animal detector" of some sort? Or if thats too high tech, maybe a sheepdog that you could send out to wrangle them back in their pen. Or some way to pull them back to the area really.

Another thing I thought could be cool would be to use the area box to set an "electric fence". One where you could say "all pigs stay in this box" and have separate boxes/pens for each animal. Or you could draw it around your whole place, set all animals, and the animals would free roam but stay on your property.

Oh and it would be really nice to be able to protect our breeded animals from someone else killing them. Hope you like the ideas :)

• Hi!

...to use the area box to set an "electric fence".

Don't be afraid that your animals will run away too far!
    I already implemented a "watcher" that looks if an animal is too far from the home position.
    If so then it simply "walks home". The home position is set with the noodle.

...to protect our breeded animals from someone else killing them.

In this early alpha state of this game there is currently no possibility to control npc damage. The provided Plugin API is limited at those points.

Question to @red51:
    Are some NPC related API functions planned? For example a PlayerHitNpcEvent?
    Nice would be also the possibilty to place a feeding trough (a chest f.e.), where a player puts some food into it and then over time a nearby animal magically pulls some food out and eats it :)

Hope you like the ideas

Your ideas and feedback are always welcome! :thumbsup:

I want to keep the animal interactions as simple as possible because animal farming etc. is a planned feature of the game itself.
    So the lifespan of this plugin seems to be limited.

• If so then it simply "walks home". The home position is set with the noodle.

When you say "the noodle" do you mean the rolling pin. How do you set the home position with the noodle? Did not see this in the "readme".

Wonder if it would be possible to somehow have a way to get a list of all the animals you own and maybe where they are. With the difficulty keeping animals penned in, it would be helpful to have a way to keep track of them. Maybe some sort of "recall" capability to be able to "herd" animals back to you?

• How do you set the home position with the noodle? Did not see this in the "readme".

Every animal has the home position set where it is initially tamed.
    After that the position is automatically updated where it stands when you "unfollow" your animal with the rolling pin.
    The radius is 10m (or 10 blocks? Can't remember :) ) an animal is allowed to wander around!

On a server this only works when the player is online. When offline the animals may roam further away but as soon as the player is online again all animals will return back home (can take a couple of minutes because they are walking comfortably - especially chickens :) )

...to get a list of all the animals you own and maybe where they are.

I'll think about it. I am still not convinced that it is really needed.
    I for myself have 5 to 10 cows, pigs, chickens and sheeps each, on average perhaps 30 animals. No list needed yet! :)

• @Machete We seem to be getting errors on the server (see below) when naming animals. Sometimes the error actually crashes the server, sometimes the error says it is related to the /pnb plugin. Not sure why.

errorlog_1515235026927.log

Does this plugin use the RWGUI plugin? Maybe this plugin is somehow conflicting with the "GUI back-end plug-in (rwgui)" plugin by @Miwarre

• Regarding the getting a list of your animals. The reason for the list would be to find out if all your animals exist or if they are either "Lost" or "Dead", as your animals can be killed by someone. Maybe at least a command that says you have "X out of Y Animals Tamed" or something.

• The Animal-Plugin does not depend on foreign plugins. RWGUI is not used. I suppose like you that the crash may be related to the PNB plugin.

Regarding the getting a list of your animals. The reason for the list would be to find out if all your animals exist or if they are either "Lost" or "Dead", as your animals can be killed by someone. Maybe at least a command that says you have "X out of Y Animals Tamed" or something.

Yeah, this sounds reasonable!
    I will provide a command like /abm count animals and/ or for a specific type - perhaps /abm count pigs.
    Would you agree with these commands - for a start? If yes I'd try to accomplish it in the coming week!

• That sounds great for a start! An actual list with names and coordinates would be a great addition.

With @Miwarre kind of "out of pocket", I'm not sure the errors can be resolved. I think it may be a conflict between the "rwgui" used by /pnb and the /abm plugin when naming animals since it also uses a "GUI" interface to enter the name.

• Every animal has the home position set where it is initially tamed.
    After that the position is automatically updated where it stands when you "unfollow" your animal with the rolling pin.
    The radius is 10m (or 10 blocks? Can't remember ) an animal is allowed to wander around!

On a server this only works when the player is online. When offline the animals may roam further away but as soon as the player is online again all animals will return back home (can take a couple of minutes because they are walking comfortably - especially chickens )

I have been "experimenting" a bit with this. It appears that my animals will also wonder further than 10 blocks away even when I am logged on but go somewhere else in the world far from the "home" position. Is this expected?

Also animals disappear completely when I either move far away from "home" or if I alt-tab out of the game window to some other Windows location and return. I think they are there at "home" but not visible. Usually they re-appear if I log out and back in to the server. This may be animal behavior that @red51 needs to address along with the difficulties with them passing through walls/fences/etc.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!