Game crash at launch - Error initializing FMod

• Strange. My game is not launching anymore this morning, I never had this error before. This appear when JIW logo comes on screen, with a delog popup. I put the logfile in attachments.
    I restart my computer, nothing better. And I did'nt made any computer update since yesterday.

I run on Debian Jessie (with oracle java). with steam version of RW

Java
    Error initializing FMod
    de.jiw.fmod.core.FModException: An invalid parameter was passed to this function.
    at de.jiw.fmod.wrapper.lowlevel.LowLevelSystem.setDriver(Native Method)
    at de.jiw.fmod.wrapper.lowlevel.LowLevelSystem.setDriver(LowLevelSystem.java:44)
    at content.audio.c.<init>(SourceFile:102)
    at content.Game.initSoundState(SourceFile:2116)
    at u.g.d(SourceFile:87)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
  • Thanks for the error log! The sound device could not be initialized properly, unfortunately it's difficult to say what caused this issue exactly. According to the error, it looks like a library issue (Steam uses its own libraries, but since Debian is not officially supported by Steam, this sometimes causes compatibility issues). You could try to run the game directly from the Steam directory (Steam/steamapps/common/Rising World), in this case the game usually uses the system libraries.

Otherwise it might also be caused by a driver issue or any other problem with the audio device. Make sure an output device is connected to your computer, and also active in your OS.

As a last resort you could try to delete the "config.properties" file in your game directory (this may help if a different output device was selected in the ingame settings before, but this device no longer exists).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!