[solved] Does the animalbreedmaster plugin work with RW Server 0.8.2.4?

• Hello,

first of all, great plugin and good work, thanks a lot :) .

I tried the plugin out in single player game and it is fantastic. Now i wanted to test is on my LAN server to play with my wife... we wanted both animal breeding so badly :D . But unfortunately, my server does not start with this plugin. The log shows an java exception while loading the plugin animalbreedmaster, but can't find more details, besides that it is an error in opening a zip file (java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file).

Did someone experience this error, too? Hope that someone can help with this issue.

Thanks a lot!

• Hello @SamySte,

thank you, nice to hear you like it!

I suppose that you copied the zip-archive to the plugins folder and extracted it there as described in the readme.txt.
    Can it be that you forgot to delete the zip file after extracting?

Edit:
    Did some tests, it is not related to the zip archive.
    A case can be that the AnimalBreedMaster.jar is corrupted or that it is blocked by firewall/ anti virus program.
    If not then I am at the end with my latin here... ?(

• Hi Machete,

thanks for your fast reply. Yes, correct, i unzipped the archive and placed it in the plugins folder and deleted the zip file. First, i thought it might be a permission problem, but i double checked permissions and file owner and looks good. The same archive works well in a single player game, so the files shouldn't be corrupt.

I have no other plugins in the folder. Maybe it has something to do with the environment? ?( I am running the server on ArchLinux and the server alone runs fine.

Thanks

• There is one more thing you can try:
    You can unzip the AnimalBreedMaster.jar (in a new, separate directory)
    and zip the contents again to a new zip archive (and changing the file extension back to .jar).
    Replace the old AnimalBreedMaster.jar with your new, manually created .jar.

• @zfoxfire: thank you, yes, i did restart the server and it is throwing the exception while loading the plugin

Machete: thanks for the suggestion, just did it and it still throws the same execption:

SEVERE: Rising World - 0.8.2.4 - Dedicated Server

Linux 4.11.3-1-ARCH Java 1.8.0_121 (amd64) Memory: 954 MB
    2017/06/09 11:55 PM
    at pluginapi.PluginLoader.loadPlugins(SourceFile:46)
    at pluginapi.PluginManager.initialize(SourceFile:65)
    at server.Main.e(SourceFile:514)
    at server.Main.initApplication(SourceFile:279)
    at commons.JIWApplication.initialize(SourceFile:234)
    at com.jme3.system.NullContext.initInThread(NullContext.java:87)
    at com.jme3.system.NullContext.run(NullContext.java:130)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
    Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
    at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)

i was thinking about the Java version.... Arch Linux is always kind of bleeding edge with the used software, which sometimes can lead into compatibility issues.

Using Java 1.8.0_112 version on my MAC ... no problem there with the plugin (Singleplayer)

Thanks a lot anyway, for your suggestions

Going to bed now, cheers and good night :thumbup:

• I slept over it and possibly found a solution: running the plugin by loading the extracted Java class files directly.
    Please perform the following steps:

1. in the plugins/animalbreedmaster/ directory, unzip the AnimalBreedMaster.jar
    2. after extracting, delete the AnimalBreedMaster.jar
    3. copy the classinfo.txt (see below for download) to the plugins/animalbreedmaster/ directory

• thanks a lot for the support Machete!

in the end it was not that, but somehow the package must have gotten corrupted. This morning i did it with fresh downloaded archive, unzipped it in plugins and ..tada... it is working as it should.

Thanks for all the tips from everybody, really helpful community! :thumbsup:

Cheers

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!