Things I'd like to see

• First, I think RW has an amazing building system. The building tools system allows a great range of style building, from castles to Roman architecture to cabins. Window frames that allow the glass to scale itself to fit is awesome. There are many touches like these that make me excited to see what is coming up next. I love the game world. The choice of biospheres for the styles are amazing and beautiful too and so important to the overall setting of buildings.

Some things I'd like to see relating to building:
    The grid system is very good. However I 'd like to see a way to scale what we are building besides using the blocks by dragging them along the length of walls ect.

Ability to pick up ALL wood from the ground, same as we can pick up blocks of stone. I waste so much wood (I know it's my fault, but still....)

On the Block Bench there are big blocks of wood listed under the planks. One in particular is a nice brown rough wood that I use on appropriate floors. But, they have to be fit into block sized areas because they are not 'real planks'. I'd like to see these wood blocks as actual planks on the Saw Bench also.

Shingles. A panel of shingle patterns that we could size to fit. Or place singly if we had to.

Straw or Hay roofing for peasant style huts.

Ability to make angle cut beams or boards for supports.

Spheres in game. And the ability to size them.
    Basic wood and stone blocks about a quarter the size of the ones we have. Not sure if that's possible though.
    Arches in various sizes: longer, and or wider

More metallic surfaces to build with, besides copper. Like silver and gold.

Ropes in both straight sections and small wide half coils, and full coils
    Chains in both straight sections and small wide half coils.

Ability to make cloth into objects like robes and tapestries and carpets.

Ability to make flags and mount on staff.

Area delete. Like the blueprint command but once the area is highlighted, hit 'delete' and all gone ^^ [one pick at a time on a castle wall is a very long job].

Negative building: Make a large sphere and then placing a smaller sphere inside it, hit 'remove' and the center disappears. Now have a large hollow sphere. (we did it with voxels in LM. Not sure if pixels allow it?) Fun though.

All I can think of at the moment.

• On the Block Bench there are big blocks of wood listed under the planks. One in particular is a nice brown rough wood that I use on appropriate floors. But, they have to be fit into block sized areas because they are not 'real planks'. I'd like to see these wood blocks as actual planks on the Saw Bench also.

Actually, planks, beams, and logs can all be spawned in the world through console using "item woodplank 64 131" where 64 is the quantity with texture 131. Also, try this plugin [Plug-in] Planks 'n Beams with ANY (built-in) texture for much easier spawning and also it will take resources unless in creative mode.

Shingles. A panel of shingle patterns that we could size to fit. Or place singly if we had to.

This can be done fairly easy with planks, hip roofs are next to impossible tho.

Spheres in game. And the ability to size them.

This can also be done with beams, just make yourself a circle and then blueprint it around and around till it's closed up! It doesn't look perfectly smooth, but it works.

Basic wood and stone blocks about a quarter the size of the ones we have. Not sure if that's possible though.

Yep, buy some beams from that plugin and resize them to anything you want!

Arches in various sizes: longer, and or wider

These are very easy, there is a excellent guide on Steam about circular building.

More metallic surfaces to build with, besides copper. Like silver and gold.

YESSSSS :D I want a golden floor for my bathroom!

Area delete. Like the blueprint command but once the area is highlighted, hit 'delete' and all gone [one pick at a time on a castle wall is a very long job].

This can be done by downloading the AreaProtection script, creating a area, and cleaning it up. Or you can grab the world-edit or block-placer thing, I have no experience with that myself. :thumbsup:

"If all the world was apple pie, And all the sea were ink. And all the trees were bread and cheese, What would we have to drink?" ?(

• Thank you for your comments Daboyie. I should have mentioned in the post that I play on a no-plug in allowed server, survival. While I do play on my single also I, like Littlecats, prefer not to use any plug ins not made by Red in the basic game. Also playing on the single allows me to keep up with the game with no restrictions imposed by player run servers.
    2. Agree, I've used the planks horizontally angled to get the shingle appearance, while not easy it could be done. The green copper also almost gives a shingle like appearance.
    3.Spheres, that can be manipulated. Made hollow or as half spheres.
    4. No plug ins by choice. Asking for smaller blocks by Red :). It is easy to manipulate the size of the beams down to smallest size and use as 'blocks', but limited texture. Stone or metal in that same small block size would make amazing builds, in the main game. I can do it on my single server using the console.
    5. Arches, we have circular arches. I'm asking for pointed arches or very long diameter arches for cathedral size doors or windows. I'm aware of tutorials on the web. I wrote building guides and taught in-game building classes in last building game I played for 3 years. I got the basics. I want the ultimates. The possibilities for variations are endless with more shaped building blocks. Look at the types of stairways we can build now with no plug ins: spirals, closed, the inside and outside finishing blocks are great. This is what I mean.
    6. On the area delete: we may still see that when the next step "Edit" comes up on the extended construction system. I love the terrain editing: smoothing and painting and cut/fill is wonderful, very smooth. The placement step is also wonderful: not for the endless supply of materials imo that's sorta cheating. But because of the landscaping that you can do with the plant and grass and flowers placement.
    I am not complaining about this game world. It is beautiful, and has some amazing mechanics. The Extended Construction system and grid and manual system is just amazing. I also realize that we may never get the kind of spheres and circles possible with pixels that are possible in voxel building: but this game is the best I've seen yet at what it does. And Ive never played an 'alpha' that is this well made either.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!