Upcoming: New player models

• I've stocked up nicely on cotton, cloth, and threads that I can easily tend to whatever needs to be done. I should probably spend a few hours each day going through as much as I can, yet what I have is most likely enough for any clothing related demand. My cotton farm can handle whatever heh. My chests are 1 page full. Nothing overly impressive, just that I have more than enough cotton as a backlog.

Raining into puddles would be sweet, yet that would have to be done during dynamic water. Those two things would have to be tackled much further down the line that it would seem like years so we have a long way yet to get to that. Maybe 3-4 years? Who knows. Red51 is struggling with many things that we simply have to be patient. Flowing water, dynamic water, and such be many years down, yeah.

Also, I strongly requested for rivers yet Red51 sees complications with such. We need rivers of varying sizes to compliment scenery, yet he's unsure how to make them seem 'natural'. If I knew how to code I would attempt to set the rivers to divide the biomes while being of varying sizes, something that would be large, skinny, or whatever size. Even frozen in the winter biome. Something that would also bend upwards & downwards slightly, or even making channels through the scenery. I sadly don't know how to code so I can't experiment with this, but that's what I would have tried. Just making it be a biome divider, or maybe even snake its way across while pooling up on any steep elevation changes. Maybe there's more I"m not seeing that Red51 has of branching rivers & streams........

I wish for rivers, but if it's complicated I have to simply wait. I can't stall out any other updates for this selfish scenery wish. Need to focus on my distractions for now.

• I have been able to make "fake" water falls using Yah giggles World edit addons. You might want to give that a shot. Also on the rivers I will try deep rivers with vlue plaster tonight who know??

DEATH AND DESTRUCTION PVP
    192.154.229.151:4255

• Hi @red51,

Are there any plans to fix things like you being able to open chests or take thing from tanning racks through walls/glass, or animals walking through them?

Less important but also nice to have fixed is trees going through walls :)

Cheers,

Marcos

• for the chests being accessible through walls and animals walking through them I agree, these need fixing at some point....think red said some time back that there will be an AI update at some point after player models.

For the trees, well don't plant them close to walls, the model has a set size you cannot make part of it disappear if it touches a wall :/

• ok that is beyond complex in terms of graphics/game design especially more in voxel games and more so in a game where even light is not yet blocked by construction elements

To clarify, I would like to see this happen but it would need a tonne of work in getting a model with every possible configuration for the trees and making sure the texture can follow all of those configurations and if not creating a new texture for each configuration the current one cannot follow.

• I am also guilty of excessively checking the forum. I hope the new player models come soon. It's been three months since the last content update. We have to be close by now and Red hasn't been available too often lately. I imagine that like with the dungeon update the change log will be massive

• I, too, am guilty of the same. And when nothing's said here, I also check the Steam discussion. And I'm also playing RW and writing a little in-character journal of this particular game, documenting my faceless character's life as a cave dweller. It's been fun and, well, it'll be an interesting kind of read later, when more content comes in and I go and look back at what was already possible even now.

If I respond in German, sorry for bad grammar. I don't speak German, but I do speak Google Translate. The community seems too nice to stay away!

----

Wenn ich auf Deutsch antworte, entschuldige ich für jede schlechte Grammatik. Ich spreche kein Deutsch, aber ich spreche Google Translate. Die Gemeinde scheint zu schön, nicht zu bleiben!

• And I'm also playing RW and writing a little in-character journal of this particular game, documenting my faceless character's life as a cave dweller. It's been fun and, well, it'll be an interesting kind of read later, when more content comes in and I go and look back at what was already possible even now.

I hope you will share your character's journal at some point. I bet that will be a fun read! :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!