Ankündigung Upcoming: New player models

• Times a tickin'

I see we also have silly kids seeking attention on the Steam forums ruining everything they touch. Kids wanting AK-47's, rocket launchers, and such that it's making me facepalm. Rising World is fine as it is as a serious survival & building game. That colonial era canon used on pirate ships & forts is however nice.

Saw a +3 games updated on steam, yet no Rising World. No banner..... Curious if it'll be a September release at that rate. I'm amazed it's even August with how fast time is flying.
      [Threads of Interest - [My Suggestions] "On The List" | [Kitsu Test World ]
    • 2017 is flying by. The player models look great and and with all the content changes bundled with it, it's going to be awesome when its done no doubt. This and dungeons are major content updates. Same with the water and the extra biomes. ahh well.The wait frustrates me as well as anyone but wishes don't change reality. Working with actual Java developers at my job really helps me appreciate the effort and game design goes way beyond anything I've seen those guys develop. Mostly it's web gui's and back-end web APIs to make our systems talk to each other. Some coordination is involved but getting all the various systems in a game to work together and communicate seamlessly in real time is impressive.

Yeah, there have been a few too many kids in the Steam forums. I've seen posts like those in the past where they say "Why don't you add {insanely long list of features}" ... So annoying. Although to be fair, I've made plenty of suggestions in the past but I'd like to think that mine were atleast in scope with the feel of this game. Not... "Well Rust has rocket launchers so we should too" kind of logic. *rolls eyes* Maybe the problem is that Tier 2 workbench with its flashlights and ore detectors. Modern stuff seems out of place for the game right now. Maybe players unfamiliar with the game development see that and are like... "Oh, it's like a fabricator. We should make TEK armor like in ARK."
    • ArcticuKitsu schrieb:

Times a tickin'

I see we also have silly kids seeking attention on the Steam forums ruining everything they touch. Kids wanting AK-47's, rocket launchers, and such that it's making me facepalm. Rising World is fine as it is as a serious survival & building game. That colonial era canon used on pirate ships & forts is however nice.

Saw a +3 games updated on steam, yet no Rising World. No banner..... Curious if it'll be a September release at that rate. I'm amazed it's even August with how fast time is flying.
      The passage of time depends on our scale of existence.
      As a child, a year takes forever, it represents an immense part of our total existence.
      The older we get, the interval of one year seems small.
      I imagine that for the elderly, the years look like months, the months look like weeks, the weeks look like days and the days probably seem to have a few hours.
    • Yeah, that's true. It's because we're more aware and our senses tend to speed things up, and etc. There's times where passage of time tends to slow down when you're in danger that everything is slow motion for you, yet normal for everybody else. It's all in the body with chemicals.

@Zork: Yeah, I have that appreciation for Red51 and every developer, yet my excitement probably off-sets that. I respect Red51 and every game developer, yet people simply call developers lazy through ignorance that we need classes for those people. Education needs to be a big thing, yet you always have kids trying to fit in with people in that 'tribal mentality' manner because of how biology works that you end up with what's on the Steam forums. People using meme's and being brainless.

Also, I try to make my suggestions fit in with the game that I try to word things in short & long term. That 'cargo tram' I'm expecting when trains shall be introduced, not sooner. Anything I suggest I try to theme it to RW's style it has at that time. The Androids I mentioned, that's a future thing. Dragons? Future. NPCs to deal with stuff being something sooner, yet Red51 is struggling so I'm trying to be patient.

Yeah, can't wait to see when & where Red51 shall start dividing up the ages to Medieval era & modern era. Maybe during the recipe changes, or maybe further ahead that we'll eventually be able to build Medieval furnitures and such. Actually be able to sit, sleep, and etc in them. See NPCs even doing the same. We'll get there when we do, and well aware of the fact that "It's ready when it's ready". Rising World seems to be the only game currently filling in void that nobody else really wants to.
      [Threads of Interest - [My Suggestions] "On The List" | [Kitsu Test World ]