Socket Error

• Well, this is frustrating. I can't tell if it's actually my client, or if it's my hosting (Nitrado) doing this. I have to wait until someone on my server chimes in to test it out, yet it's either client side or Nitrado side preventing me from playing. I'm unable to complete my Canadian Tower in time for Canada Day.

Red51, you have my server information so you might know. I can provide you with the necessary information, even to whitelist you, to troubleshoot this to see if it's client side, or Nitrado side.

It's just a simple socket error.

------------

I realized too late that this is in the client, and not server side. Sorry!

• @ArcticuKitsu: What socket error do you get exactly? Can you maybe post the full error message here? If you just get an ingame dialog, check out your game directory if there is an "mp_error" file. If there is no such file, please enable the debug console (set game_debug_console to true in the config.properties file), join the server until you get the socket error, then upload the latest log file here (which can be found in the "Logs" folder in your game dir) ;)

• I sent a PM from the information I've noticed in the log. I'll look for the other error log you noted. It's also just a standard socket error with 10% then it just hangs there. Nothing happens, just hangs.

Edit: I also didn't retry the server restart recently. Couple hours ago, but not when Zork was on. It appears to be a Nitrado issue again.

• Thanks for the log! The error indicates that the connection was closed by the server: the server received a packet from an unconnected endpoint (more precisely, the endpoint was connected previously, but lost connection apparently), so it sent a TCP RST packet to close the connection.
    There are various reasons which may cause such an error. In most cases it's caused by antivirus programs or firewalls which interfere with the connection. It may also be caused by connection problems in general (especially when using WLAN), or by a high amount of traffic (i.e. when there are background programs updating etc).
    Did you make any changes to your machine recently? E.g. new security software, Windows update, new ISP or new router etc?

However, if other players suddenly suffer from the same issue when playing on this server, it's most likely a server problem.

• Yeah, I'm baffled because I don't know what was changed. I'm suddenly struggling to play my web games also on chrome that there's some loading issue somewhere. I'm not sure what it is. I haven't been in Rising World for about a week now because I'm waiting on the update + work + other games and such. Been on my new phone that I'm curious if my new phone is interrupting the wireless part of things. I don't know.

Foxfire & Mino said they both can connect so I don't know what's up. I updated my Java just now, yet still at a loss.

• Hmm... that's really strange :huh: Maybe try to remove your phone from your WLAN, just to make sure it's not interfering with the connection... but if the browser games are also loading slowly, it might be caused by the ISP eventually (maybe he's having some technical issue right now).

• I've found that in a common modern household, several people probably have atleast a dozen devices total (phones, laptops, desktops, game consoles, printers). A quality router is important if you have lots of wireless devices. I have a $200 netgear but it has lots of memory and cpu power and three networks (two 2.4ghz and a 5ghz-- heavy streaming devices use the 5G). It's been extremely reliable over the past year. my old sub-$50 one would freeze up atleast once a day.

I'd first check the area to see what other networks are available. If you are in an apartment complex then you may be interfering with another network running on the same channel as yours. Try a program like Netspot to see detailed info about networks in your area.

https://www.netspotapp.com/wir…network-wifi-scanner.html

• Alright, you said it's ISP related. Right? Well, it seems there was some issues that maybe causing it, yet it may also be isolated. Either that, or it's caused by thunderstorms we had that it's still up, yet some parts have been knocked out, or something. Not sure what's up. Maybe ISIS is up to something, or it could be something else. So many questions. My internet is 'Start Communication' so I see the map as orange.

http://canadianoutages.com/status/start-communications/map/

Maybe I'm looking at it all wrong, who knows. I however checked it out and I see myself as a yellow little dot in my area. Isolated, faint....You can barely see my connection in the area. You'd have to scroll up into Ottawa, or scroll out to see it all orange. Maybe that's traffic, or something.

• It's not necessarily the fault of the ISP, but it may be possible. But if you can't connect to other servers, it's most likely not a server-side issue (so it's either a security program interfering with the connection, an unstable internet connection [too much traffic caused by other devices or background programs, or unstable WLAN connection etc], or the ISP is having technical problems) :/

• Yeah, I keep trying it yet I just can't get into my own server or others. I swear that nothing has changed, yet Mino' left a comment that it's Window's fault because it's such a bloatware type thing. It always changes everything. I don't know......

For me, I want to let off a joke that my server is being a 'tsundere', that it's playing 'hard to get' because I haven't been on it for a few days. It jealous & envious that it's showing me the cruel side, yet it has a sweet side somewhere.

This is baffling. ?( I thought it would be ISIS's doing because they said they'd attack Canada, yet it seems to be something else entirely. It feels like someone came in and blocked me, or it's something idioticly simple that I need to enable a button, or something.

• I'm sorry to hear that it still does not work :/ I just realized that you only sent me a server log yesterday, can you maybe also send me a client log (either a mp_error file, or alternatively the debug console output, as mentioned above)? Maybe it contains some more information about what was going on exactly (since it's definitely a client-side issue).
    It may be indeed Windows fault, e.g. a winsocket malconfiguration. But in this case, there will be an according error message (so I guess a log will shed some light on this) ;)

• Can you maybe send me the full client log? According to the snipped, it's unlikely that it's caused by a winsocket malconfiguration, but maybe the full log contains some further information. If you want to reset your winsockets, you could try this: Press your Windows key + R and type cmd, then type netsh winsock reset into console. This resets your winsocket configuration (a restart is required).

• Thanks for the full log! It's really a strange issue, the connection gets terminated unexpectedly. Do you maybe have another option to access the internet (e.g. via hotspot / mobile phone)? This way we could narrow down the error (and find out if it's related to the computer, or to the ISP)...

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • ;)
    • :(
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • :verysad:
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • :crazy:
    • :lol:
    • :dizzy:
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :thinking:
    • :wacko:
    • :/
    • 8)
    • :wat:
    • :huh:
    • :silenced:
    • :wow:
    • 8|
    • :angry:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :hushed:
    • :nerd:
    • :saint:
    • :drooling:
    • :love:
    • :monocle:
    • :poo:
    • :party:
    • :drunk:
    • <3
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: 7z, avi, bmp, dds, gif, jpeg, jpg, json, log, lua, mp3, mp4, ogg, pdf, permissions, png, properties, rar, txt, xml, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!