API able to add new objects or tools

• Firstly This Game Is Amazing. I have never used such a complete and freeform building system, ever. Just getting that out of the way.

I know the game is really Alpha. Red is pushing awesome updates every two to three months.

The question is: Are the game and API at the point where one could start writing plugins that add new objects, tools, machines, etc...?
    The dev's will no doubt add some of the things I would like to start modding in, but alot of my ideas will never be "vanilla"
    so, I'm just wondering from a programming standpoint if we are at the safe enough to start learning using the tools we have been given?

I have been looking in the API, and looking at the examples, but am seeing a lot of different types of plugins but wasnt seeing new item plugins per se, is the only reason I'm asking before getting to far into it.

I thank anyone in advance for their opinions and advice.

• Learning to use the tools is one thing which you can start even now, but you cannot at this point add custom inventory items or world objects. The closest you can get to those is adding custom 3D models but they cannot have animations and they can only have an action upon a player interacting with them or/and an action upon a player hitting them (e.g. with a pickaxe)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!