Colony Survival

• It deserves its own thread, yet posted it in FTB Turtles thread because it contains something I desired for Rising World. Having NPCs helping you out when others can't or unable to.

-------------------

- Colony Survival:

Colony Survival is a Minecraft-Stonehearth-Timber-and-Stone type game where you try to get a settlement established to survive the elements. You try to build up a settlement with the basic resources to turn your settlement into something grand, yet every night monsters come attacking you to put your settlement at risk. You have to have food for your settlers, as well as a bed for them to survive in.

Steam Page:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/366090/Colony_Survival/

Roadmap (plans):
    http://www.colonysurvival.nl/2…e-want-to-add-during.html

------------

• Damn! This game is fun. I love how the developer made a nod towards the Japanese fanbase for having the most views from there. One of the updates added 'Cherry trees' by putting it in the shop item, as well as being able to use the logs from them to build torii gates. You know what's hilarious? Cherry trees were once on a snapshot log for a 'garden' update which added all sorts of flowers & bushes, yet Mojang never followed through with adding Cherry Trees into Minecraft. That was many years ago. I love this kind gesture towards the Japanese by giving a Japanese themed tree to them.

I believe this update was also before hand where you were given berries to start your colony with, something I find neat and worthwhile. It's also been given a secondary use of staining planks into bright red planks. 10 Berry seeds were also placed into my world that I could continue building from it.

I also ended up finally establishing a flax farm that I'm now making adobe oil to make stained planks, or whatever they're called. Used them in my 'Fox Tower' that it makes for nice fine wood. I love this game. Even all before this I even started using my straw for making roads, even if it doesn't make sense. This is like Minecraft so I wanted ot make use of it so it could lead me to a taiga biome. I want to expand and colonize other lands, yet it's not encouraging me to do so. I want to place more banners to keep zombies away.

--------

I wish Rising World would have colorful trees like that cherry tree. It has a cherry tree itself, but it needs to blossom into pink. I wish we had more colourful trees. But damn, this game is fun.

• Trying out the new cherry tree & berry bush.
    • Starting to work on a straw road + lining the main portion with cherry trees in bloom. They grow within a day.
    • My flax farm is finally in place after waiting on my gold coins to come in.
    • The adobe stained plank on left, and berry stained plank on the right. Berries sure stain hard.
    • Fort Kitsu with the new additions with vantage point from my new 'Fox Tower'.
    • Fox Tower sitting outside of the walls, yet with a safe hallway leading into both places. Has one crafter worker within. I sadly messed up the third floor to have 3 floor high ceiling, yet I'll allow it to be a feature in that tower. Cherry tree in view.

I just love this game. Can't wait for more to be added, yet additions that won't destroy my fort.

• If it's about the graphics then let that bias die. Just allow the game to pull you in and have fun because it feels vastly different. The main focus is you tending to the NPCs while you guide them on a proper colonial path. It may look like Minecraft, as people have also claimed Rising World to be, yet it handles completely different.

If you want to play Minecraft instead then that's your freedom as a gamer, and that's cool. Just....if there is a graphics bias just drop it. You're only harming yourself.

• Forgot to add the roadmap link into the first post so I did that. Also, just to be clear.....I did not mean to come off as hostile or defensive. Not even as a fanboy to Colony Survival. Just, that........ Don't harm yourself because you see similarities in others games. Do as you wish, just don't purposely blind yourself is all I'm saying in as neutral tone as I can.

-------------

I'll also post it here, yet it's also in the first post.

Roadmap:
    http://www.colonysurvival.nl/2…e-want-to-add-during.html

- Animals to be tended to by settlers. Sheering sheep, farming pigs & etc.
    - Automatically building & removing structures (walls).
    - Three new types of hostiles (Quick, strong, & stronger) (Heard mention of flying types, yet may just be a rumour)
    - Science (to research new ways of unlocking jobs, blocks, and gameplay)
    - Crate system to localize storage more realistically. More location based & 'transport' Settlers planned.
    - Multiplayer interaction improvements (more interaction with everybody)
    - Taxation & Happiness.

-----------

Again, this is why I love Colony Survival, and why it's a game of its own when compared to Minecraft. To me, it just doesn't compete/compare because this is more interaction in a city builder manner. Think Stonehearth, but you're actually there with them. That's something missing from Minecraft that I always wanted to have more interaction with NPCs. Colony Survival is going down this path, and we'll see Rising World experimenting with the same in the future.

Seriously, do not judge prematurely as it may end up being awesome to you. Best to test it out and judge after the fact. Not wanting to appear as a fanboy, yet just wanted to post the roadmap today, and that's all I wanted to do. It's surprisingly fun watching others work as you observe them from your WIP tower.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!