Tutorial - Extended Construction System

• Out of curiosity, how is performance like at this level of detail? You are starting to get a lot of simultaneously rendered objects, but I know lua handles it better than java plus the world is rendered only once.

• I have not noticed any degradation of performance by my creations yet, and my farm has three buildings that must contain at least a couple hundred EC items.
    I would consider my computer setup only middle of the road in terms of power, and that is mainly as I had to replace my video card last year.

• Nice video, it shows the possibilities for using this system. But some things would be perfect in combination with block building i think and more faster. Have you changed the texture for this planks?

Out of curiosity, how is performance like at this level of detail? You are starting to get a lot of simultaneously rendered objects, but I know lua handles it better than java plus the world is rendered only once.

Yep performance could be interesting but not with these few items, for testing the limitation we would need thousands of items.
    As i know only LuaJ is used as scipting language, what means that the game it self is not build out of it. And LuaJ is implemented to run in a java environment.
    Beside that the core of the game is the jMonkeyEngine it seems, and this one runs with Java. So at the end you always have javabytecode :D

• Nice video, it shows the possibilities for using this system. But some things would be perfect in combination with block building i think and more faster. Have you changed the texture for this planks?

No, that is one of the default textures available in game. All the EC objects have most of the wood textures available to them through the arrows in the saw mill table. This is also how you change the glass texture.

• No, that is one of the default textures available in game. All the EC objects have most of the wood textures available to them through the arrows in the saw mill table. This is also how you change the glass texture.

OMG, OMG :D i am such a noob i never tried this!!!! Thank you, i didn't know about that!

• Thanks so much for this share. I started out with wood planks and didn't know you could lay them in a row. I thought it was snap-to-grid only, and then every once in a while one would be out of whack so I would break it down and replace it in an attempt to lay them perfectly. LOL

• Yes thank you for this, I was wondering how to change my point of view when placing item? You can zoom in which is good for hunting but... A lot of times when I am placing things with a grid the item moves when I do. I cannot get the whole picture of where to place something. Likes ladders they go out of my POV. Any thoughts?

DEATH AND DESTRUCTION PVP
    192.154.229.151:4255

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • ;)
    • :(
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • :verysad:
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • :crazy:
    • :lol:
    • :dizzy:
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :thinking:
    • :wacko:
    • :/
    • 8)
    • :wat:
    • :huh:
    • :silenced:
    • :wow:
    • 8|
    • :angry:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :hushed:
    • :nerd:
    • :saint:
    • :drooling:
    • :love:
    • :monocle:
    • :poo:
    • :party:
    • :drunk:
    • <3
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: 7z, avi, bmp, dds, gif, jpeg, jpg, json, log, lua, mp3, mp4, ogg, pdf, permissions, png, properties, rar, txt, xml, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!