A question and an apology

• I hesitate to ask this question, because I know how rumors start on alpha chats. But, I have searched to see if any mention may be found here, in any of the chats so I can see for myself what is truth or speculation. I haven't found anything.

The question is: has Red promised space ships, other planets, or anything remotely similar to this, in this game world?

A player on my server this week has major discussions going on our fourms because of the statements that other planets and space travel will be loaded to the game after the character updates. Supposedly this is a major topic on Steam. I don't use Steam. However, I believe Red would post this news here before anywhere else.

Rather than basing anything on what i hear/read I'm checking this at the source. I have no opinion as to wanting this or not. All is wait and see as it develops :).

I apologize for double posts. Somehow I thought that the pined ss tread was separate from the general, so I posted twice and then posted to apologize, good grief. No more ss posting for awhile.

• The question is: has Red promised space ships, other planets, or anything remotely similar to this, in this game world?

Short answer is no :)

We have asked about different dimensions and instances (i.e. have more than one world on the same server/world) but he then only replied that inter-server travel is planed (i.e. travelling from one server to another if both owners have set it up to allow it)

How could there be other planets to begin with when the current world is not a planet (i.e. it is flat thus defies every law of physics, and then again it is not finite)

Again after the player model update we have been promised by red small updates in shorter intervals to compensate for the wait, space travel would in no way fit into that

• From the sounds of it that person may simply have stumbled across others & myself brainstorming if having Minecraft's Galacticraft would be possible for Rising World. There seems to be interest, yet seems to be a far off thing in Red51's book.

We're not gaining any space related stuff as of yet...... Red51 may change his mind as priorities change.

Who knows if Red51 shall also play around with the idea of making the map a globe shape, or the size of our earth 1:1 in world generation where we can go up into space, or something. Empyrion style, or similar. As Mino said, we're also going to have the ability to connect servers and maps to jump from one map to another.

• Not sure about space or how that would be implemented. The whole idea of making the world a limited planet that is round is feasible but would be fundamentally different from the current way worlds are generated. This may be (if it ever happens) a new world type. If so, then yes, flying to the moon would be possible.

In the short term, it may be easier just to make the moon another "realm". Support for "realms" has been confirmed. I wish I could find that thread on here for the life of me. I need to keep better track of these threads that have good info from Red. But in it, he did mention at minimum API support to essentially teleport your character to a different world. This could be a second world on your server or hopefully even a different server. Some other server owners and I would like to set up a way to teleport between trusted servers. If Red doesnt add official in-game options for this, he said he would atleast add the functionality to the API so we could write our own plugins.

Just for clarification, realm hopping would be similar to what you could do in Minecraft with the normal nether portal or using some of the plugins available such as Twilight Forest or some of the others... "pocket dimmensions" or doors something. I can't remember the exact mod name. I know its bundled with Tekkit.

• It would be awesome to have something like that in the game, but as @Minotorious, @ArcticuKitsu and @zfoxfire mentinoed, unfortunately it's not going to happen in the near future... Being able to explore the space isn't planned for this game. This, however, does not mean that it will never be implemented. It's something we could take into consideration once the game leaves Early Access :)

On the other hand, travelling from one server to another is definitely planned. Not sure if it's going to be a core game feature or "just" an API feature (which would be much more versatile), but in this case we will provide at least an example plugin for this ;)

• It would be awesome to have something like that in the game, but as @Minotorious, @ArcticuKitsu and @zfoxfire mentinoed, unfortunately it's not going to happen in the near future... Being able to explore the space isn't planned for this game. This, however, does not mean that it will never be implemented. It's something we could take into consideration once the game leaves Early Access :)

On the other hand, travelling from one server to another is definitely planned. Not sure if it's going to be a core game feature or "just" an API feature (which would be much more versatile), but in this case we will provide at least an example plugin for this ;)

That sounds awesome! "In the near Future" and "once the game leaves alpha." Not saying it's a must have, but it would be cool to see more interfaces and things to work with. I for one would happily travel to the moon and plant a flag upon it. Speaking of which @red51 you have any plans for house siding or fencing? To the author of the thread interplanetary travel would be awesome but let's just get out of beta or alpha whichever we are in, as I can't even remember which we are in these days.

• Thank you All.
    I do not personally want space travel-I'm asking because someone is into our Discord channel carrying on about the coming space travel, ships, etc. I wanted clarification as to the truth of the rumor :) And here is the place to get it, not on Steam.

Red, as far as I'm concerned space travel, here in RW, is not a needed option. There is so much to do here, to explore and see and build that I don't really need It, personally.

I just wanted to know, from the source, if it would be happening. Thank you for clearing the record.

Glad to hear that we will be traveling from planet to planet though.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!