Some issues on Mac

• Hi, I have encountered some issues on Mac. First off, I want to thank red51 for producing the Mac version, it works awesome for the most part.

• The page-up and page-down issue

I have a Apple magic keyboard, which has no pg-up or pg-down on it. I substituted the bracket keys and while that works for selecting areas (creating BP or claims) it doesn't work for raising or lowering half blocks or the chat window.
    I have also tried other key binds and they don't work either.

• Steam connectivity

When in-game, I can't bring up the Steam overlay or take a Steam screenshot. On all my other Steam games it works, and I have also tried tons of key-bindings. I have it set now on ctrl+f6.

• Performance

I haven't been too amazed by the performance on my Mac. I had a old windows that was a slideshow in rainstorms, and this one handles rain really well, but it seems unstable. When teleporting to someone or loading a new world, even
    when there are really no constructions, the loading time is really bad. For about 20 seconds I can only jerk my view around. And all the while, when running around or simply turning around, it will suddenly freeze for a second or 2. It works mostly better when on lower settings, but low distances really hurt the immersion.

• 27-inch 5k Late 2015 iMac
    • 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5
    • 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
    • AMD Radeon R9 M390 2048 MB

"If all the world was apple pie, And all the sea were ink. And all the trees were bread and cheese, What would we have to drink?" ?(

• Thanks for your feedback :)

I have a Apple magic keyboard, which has no pg-up or pg-down on it. I substituted the bracket keys and while that works for selecting areas (creating BP or claims) it doesn't work for raising or lowering half blocks or the chat window.

Unfortunately there is currently no way to change the scroll behaviour in the chat :/ We'll add an option for that in the near future. However, to change the position of half blocks, you have to use the arrow keys (up and down) :)

When in-game, I can't bring up the Steam overlay or take a Steam screenshot. On all my other Steam games it works, and I have also tried tons of key-bindings. I have it set now on ctrl+f6.

That's unfortunately a common issue. We have no direct influence on the Steam overlay, since it's handled by Steam. Several people reported issues with the Steam overlay on MacOS in general, in many cases it only affects some games. Unfortunately I can't say what's going on there :|

I haven't been too amazed by the performance on my Mac [...] And all the while, when running around or simply turning around, it will suddenly freeze for a second or 2. It works mostly better when on lower settings, but low distances really hurt the immersion.

Freezes usually occur if the game either runs out of memory, or if the hard drive slows down the game. Maybe upload a report file here, it might shed some light on this matter ;)
    To do that, open the console ingame (key ~ or / or #) and type "report", then a file called "report" appears in your game directory (to get there, rightclick on rw in steam -> properties -> local files -> browse local files)

• Hi, also using mac.

My issue is the freeze mode. Once upon a time I could press enter (which is a terrible choice for a hotkey btw every time I used chat while building my object would move in or out of modular position, changed it to P key) the object would go into modular position, I could then hold or press right control and get it to freeze in that position, where it could be moved or rotated by holding the right control. This allowed for huge building projects like spheres and cylinders.

Well then I had to play on my pc for a while and when I hit right control, the object would unsnap back into its original position, making it necessary to manually change the angle and position to match its partner object. When I went back to the mac it worked again yay. Then all of a sudden it didn't.

There is no setting configuration to change the right control key to allow frozen constructions to be rotated, only frozen and unfrozen. It doesn't seem to matter whether I press or hold rctrl. If there was some way to separate those keys, or figure out why holding the key sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. I have many projects on hold now until that is resolved.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • ;)
    • :(
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • :verysad:
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • :crazy:
    • :lol:
    • :dizzy:
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :thinking:
    • :wacko:
    • :/
    • 8)
    • :wat:
    • :huh:
    • :silenced:
    • :wow:
    • 8|
    • :angry:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :hushed:
    • :nerd:
    • :saint:
    • :drooling:
    • :love:
    • :monocle:
    • :poo:
    • :party:
    • :drunk:
    • <3
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: 7z, avi, bmp, dds, gif, jpeg, jpg, json, log, lua, mp3, mp4, ogg, pdf, permissions, png, properties, rar, txt, xml, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!