Dead Matter

• I must thank @Minotorious for sharing this because it's something I feel we needed in the open world genre, as well as the zombie genre to be more 'casual' survival without the stupid 7 days crap. Just pure environment, vehicles, and zombies as you survive the elements.

-----
    - Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/pr…e/dead-matter/description
    - Homepage: https://playdeadmatter.com/
    - Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYXv_gE6LCeLsUmNLrRcxaA
    -----

Dead Matter is a true sandbox survival horror. Players will fight to survive in a zombie-packed, post-apocalyptic world that fosters whichever play-style fits you best. Settle down and defend your home from outside threats with an expansive crafting and barricading system, cultivate and live off the land, or branch out, explore, and scavenge whatever vehicles, weapons, and food you may find in a zombie-plagued Alberta - alone, or with your friends.
    Originally released as a mod for Crysis 2 back in 2013, Dead Matter has been a long time passion project for us, and we're very excited to show what we've been working on.

--------

- Features:

• Survive in Calgary, Alberta because that's where the developers are based at. Eventually wander your way to Vancouver and back with proper amounts of resources and supplies.
    • Claim any building to be your own. Barricade & fortify it however you desire.
    • Place items (furniture) wherever you please.
    • Play how you want, be where you want, settle where you want. "Fits any play style".
    • Play on a heavily populated dedicated server, or a standard private server with friends.
    • Interact with surviving NPCs doing what they must to survive in a hostile zombie world.
    • Drive vehicles, customize them, and repair them. Cars, planes, trains, boats, bikes, motorbikes, and etc.
    • & more.....

-----------

- My Thoughts:

This seems like a cool concept. Sure, there's many zombie games (main one being '7 Days to Die'), yet this one seems highly unique to me because of how I see things being implemented. The whole bit where you can make a base anywhere, can place items freely, as well as doing things at your own pace without being swarmed by zombie hoards every 7th day, something I find idiotic. I hate the zombie spitters, and all those 'fantasy' zombie variations that I'm hoping it'll stay at standard. I can see this game being a very serious competition & rival to '7 Days to Die' in how free and wild you can be in this game, survival elements allowing. I feel that this game gives off a nice mix of 'Fallout' game & 7 Days to Die mix in one. It's a nice mix.

It'll be more about the environment where you have to choose the best outcome, chose where to base yourself, among other things. Even having to deal with surviving NPCs, military camps, and etc. You'll have to deal with food, water, power, as well as given the option to fortify trains, planes, vehicles, as well as customizing vehicles. Boats were mentioned, and even helicopters, something that's tickling my fancy.... My sweet spot in these open world games. Having helicopters, planes, trains, boats and such is awesome. You can do things you can't do in 7 Days to Die (something that's in vehicle alone), as well as being able to travel between Calgary and Vancouver, when the game manages to get that far that is. You'll have to make sure your resources are stocked up to tackle any issues when traveling quite a while away. I'm absolutely loving the whole part where you can hole up at a gas station to make that your vehicle base. That, or even claiming an airport or train station as your own as you score a train and planes to be your surviving elements.

As much as people mock zombie games I have to back and support 'Dead Matter', even if it's just another drop in a filling bucket because of how features are being implemented. It'll be a serious competition for '7 Days to Die', as well as being more 'common sense' styled that it'll be more fun that way with how 'free' it's planning to be. No stupid BS, just straight surviving, or so it seems to be on paper. I'm simply hoping that these Canadian won't betray their fellow Canadians and gamers by actually seeing this through to the very end.

As much as people hate zombies & Minecraft, I really want to see this genuinely 'realistic' take on zombies because it'll be far more rewarding and awesome in the end. What I'm also hoping for is that it'll see a lot of variety when it comes to customizing your bases and such with furniture and items.

I backed this game so here's to seeing how it'll fair in the future. :thumbup:
    (This being a Canadian game also is a nice bonus that I feel a nice sense of Canadian pride in this.)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!