Prehistoric Rising World Mod - Work in Progress (Environment Texture Files Released)

• The hard part of this mod is working out how to add the dinosaurs to the game. As a programmer I always look at the existing code which then gives me an idea how to make modifications to the game.

Creating the dinosaurs, tools and weapons in Blender is the simple part of the project..... the getting them into the game is the hard part.

I will look at the Plugin API and see if I can work out how to use it for this mod. I have asked for some sample code in other parts of this forum but as yet not received any replies....so may have to do this the hard way.

Modded Rising World 2024

Now running : 100 Player Game Server With My New Modded Rising World

• It is almost 4am here Sydney time and I have just added in the next part of this mod.

While I do love the music that Red has added to the game for my mod I have removed the music and replaced it with a soundtrack which provides a Jurassic atmosphere which is essential to the mod.

When playing the game you want to feel like at any moment a large dinosaur is going to leap out and eat you.... much like we have the bear and tiger in the vanilla game. Hence a Jurassic atmospheric sound has now been added to the mod.

When walking through the forest or other biomes you now get to hear the dinosaurs that are around you. You don't hear a T-Rex every few minutes but instead hear the soothing sound of prehistoric animals hidden somewhere nearby. You then hear in the distance the roar of what appears to be a large dinosaur which could be a T-Rex or other large meat eater.

This is very similar to the sounds of the jungle on the island of Isla Sorna in Jurassic Park 3.

I will try to setup a Youtube channel soon to show some progress of what this atmospheric sound is like. It is not repetitive as the sound lasts for about 90 minutes with different sounds of dinosaurs before it loops back.

There is still some work to do in this atmospheric sound. For example I would like to splice in some additional dinosaur sounds as well as hear the sounds of something in the distance knocking trees down.

At one point you will hear the sound of flies buzzing around nearby..... this could suggest that a dinosaur has killed something recently and left its carcass on the ground nearby.

Modded Rising World 2024

Edited 3 times, last by RunAndHideGamer ().

• I will have to try and work out if I can play a particular sound clip when it is raining as I now have the sound of rain drops, dinosaurs and a storm passing through. Hopefully when the bad weather passes in the game I can revert back to the normal atmospheric sound.

There is nothing like hearing rain fall and the sound of a Brachiosaurus in the distance.

Modded Rising World 2024

Edited once, last by RunAndHideGamer ().

• In the first Jurassic Park movie one of the highlights was hearing the heavy footsteps of a T-Rex coming closer and seeing the water moving in the glass.

I have just spliced that sound into the soundtrack where you can hear a T-Rex foot steps in the distance though it doesn't come closer.

One thing I would love to achieve is having those footsteps attached to the T-Rex model so when the model comes closer the footsteps become louder. Will have to see if that is possible.

Modded Rising World 2024

• just a suggestion, that you leave the ability to have the vanilla animals along with the dinos. I am kind of wanting all the animals on my server is all. As far as I am concerned, we don't have enough animals as it is. Also if you work with the creator of animal breed master, We could also tame them as well as breed them if we wanted to. To solve your first tool making supply of materials problem, I suggest you have the players start with rocks and sticks in there inventory rather then a weapon. This way they have to make there first tool. I have no problem with adding new music either. Just remember we have the ability to put in custom game music and some people will want to use there own music. I guess what I am trying to suggest is to make the plugin as versatile as possible. Don't restrict abilities, but add abilities to the game. Remember that all players don't have the same desires as you or I may have and the ability to turn an option off is always desired. It would also be nice if the dinos could attack other animals and the NPCs if possible, or at least the meat eaters could attack them :) also I run an economy plugin that minotorious built and I would need the ability to add the materials given to us by killing Dinos to my sales list. What I am planning to do is add your dinos to my more modern day server. Like they didn't go extinct and so on. Another thought, if you can make some of the dinos act like the horses and camel and donkey, we could use some of them as mounts. Just think, hopping on your terradactal and flying off :)

• just a suggestion, that you leave the ability to have the vanilla animals along with the dinos. I am kind of wanting all the animals on my server is all. As far as I am concerned, we don't have enough animals as it is. Also if you work with the creator of animal breed master, We could also tame them as well as breed them if we wanted to. To solve your first tool making supply of materials problem, I suggest you have the players start with rocks and sticks in there inventory rather then a weapon. This way they have to make there first tool. I have no problem with adding new music either. Just remember we have the ability to put in custom game music and some people will want to use there own music. I guess what I am trying to suggest is to make the plugin as versatile as possible. Don't restrict abilities, but add abilities to the game. Remember that all players don't have the same desires as you or I may have and the ability to turn an option off is always desired. It would also be nice if the dinos could attack other animals and the NPCs if possible, or at least the meat eaters could attack them :) also I run an economy plugin that minotorious built and I would need the ability to add the materials given to us by killing Dinos to my sales list. What I am planning to do is add your dinos to my more modern day server. Like they didn't go extinct and so on. Another thought, if you can make some of the dinos act like the horses and camel and donkey, we could use some of them as mounts. Just think, hopping on your terradactal and flying off :)

Thanks for that..... will keep those suggestions in mind as the mod progresses.

As for Dinosaurs attacking other dinosaurs, that is something I do want to look into..... but that will depend on if it is going to be possible.

Modded Rising World 2024

• One thing I would like to add to the mod......

You walk over the crest of the mountain and as you walk down the other side of the mountain you can see the skeleton remains of a large Dinosaur below.

Ideally I would like these to be randomly scattered around the map but not sure if this would be possible.

Modded Rising World 2024

• You could consider to replace a random structure like the wooden hut.

That is a great idea...... The wooden hut really has no place in my mod because early cavemen would have no idea how to build such a structure..... it would look a little strange for early cavemen to discover a hut during their search for Dinosaur meat.

Modded Rising World 2024

• Coming to the mod.....

The biggest and most powerful prehistoric predator the world has seen......the giant short-faced bear.

A frightening prehistoric beast which when standing tall reached 4 meters when reared up and chasing down their prey at 40 km/h.

With this giant bear I would love to have an animation for the model where the bear rears up on it's back legs..... this would mean your player is facing a man-eater twice his or her height.

Wait until you see what the gentle pigs turn into.......

Modded Rising World 2024

Edited 3 times, last by RunAndHideGamer ().

• The dinosaur models are being created with Blender 2.8 which is officially released in July. The reason I am using 2.8 .... the beta version.....is because this is a revamped version of Blender and the many changes in the product will allow me to create the dinosaurs and preview them in real-time.

Modded Rising World 2024

• @DanielBoone I'm glad you've come back to carry this mod on :D your original posts and screen shots looked really promising! :thumbsup:

Those screenshots involved changing the textures of the existing plants and animals in the game. Hopefully with adding new models I can keep up what I showed in earlier posts.

My understanding is that I cannot add add new animals to the the existing animals in the game so my project will be to add 22 dinosaurs to the mod by replacing the existing animals.

So I am working out which dinosaurs to add to the mod at the beginning and hopefully down the track we can add more than 22 animals which will randomly appear in the mod. Ideally we would have am option for example where the T-Rex is always there if selected while other dinosaurs are randomly in the game if they are selected.

What I need to decide on is how the dinosaurs will look in the mod. For example the T-Rex as a baby was cute looking with feathers with the feathers running down the back of the T-Rex as an adult and on the tail. However as shown below it is not as frightening looking as it appeared in the Jurassic Park movies.

The T-Rex will be bigger in the mod than what is shown below but I will need to look at any performance impact on the game by having several large dinosaurs on screen at any one time. Hopefully by the time the mod comes out there will be an option to not having more than one animal appear at a time as it would be very difficult fighting more than one T-Rex at a time.

Modded Rising World 2024

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!