Prehistoric Rising World Mod - Work in Progress (Environment Texture Files Released)

• 1 problem with your textures. when running the textures while in a multi player server it makes all other players invisable. I just ran accost that this morning.

All I have done is to make changes to existing textures and save them ...not sure how that would cause a problem. I see that the invisible players has been an issue last year..... if you restarted the server did the problem fix itself?

Modded Rising World 2024

Now running : 100 Player Game Server With My New Modded Rising World

Edited once, last by RunAndHideGamer ().

• 1 problem with your textures. when running the textures while in a multi player server it makes all other players invisable. I just ran accost that this morning.

I have looked into the issue and unfortunately there is nothing I can do about this as Red will need to add in support for texture packs for servers..... which I think he will do down the track.

Quote from Red51
    Maybe we will add support for new textures (which does not replace existing ones, but append to the list) in the near future, at least for singleplayer. Of course it would be a goal in the long run to add the same support for multiplayer, but this would have a relatively low priority at the moment (first we have to get a pipeline for serverside texture packs ready) ;)

Modded Rising World 2024

• I have looked into the issue and unfortunately there is nothing I can do about this as Red will need to add in support for texture packs for servers..... which I think he will do down the track.
    Quote from Red51
    Maybe we will add support for new textures (which does not replace existing ones, but append to the list) in the near future, at least for singleplayer. Of course it would be a goal in the long run to add the same support for multiplayer, but this would have a relatively low priority at the moment (first we have to get a pipeline for serverside texture packs ready) ;)

I understand completely.Thanks for the response.

• While playing the mod I like to build an atmosphere in the game where I can hear the birds and animals around me..... as well as the dinosaurs.

So I have created the first version of the mod ambiance files which can now be downloaded from the link in the first post on page one.

One of the cool sounds you will hear is the heavy footsteps of a T-Rex similar to what was heard in Jurassic Park.

To hear these files you will need to have the CustomGameMusic plugin in your plugins folder and add these files to the music folder.

Modded Rising World 2024

• Am still working on trying to figure out how to add the dinosaurs to the mod...... my understanding is that the models for each dinosaur will have to replace existing animals.

Then I need to work out how the animation part works in the game.
    Then after that look at whether I can add a sound of the T-Rex walking every time the T-Rex model moves step by step.

An example of the sound effect I want to create and give to the T-Rex model can be heard at the start of the following video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0fHIRsgTrA

Modded Rising World 2024

• also, we are enjoying your sound pack you just released :)

I am happy you are liking the sound pack.....

I have already started work on the next version which will have additional dinosaurs added such as the
    Stegosaurus, Triceratops, Pteranodon and Velociraptor.

These will be added into the background of the soundpack so it sounds like they are a distance away.
    When the models are eventually added they will provide the closeup sound of each dinosaur.

While I might not be able to add the flying Pteranodon or Pterodactyl to the mod you will certainly hear them.

Below is my a screenshot of 18 minutes of work on the Brachiosaurus Altithorax sound currently being worked on.

Modded Rising World 2024

• One dinosaur I may be able to get flying in the mod would be the Nemicolopterus with a wingspan of about 250 mm..... will do some tests over the coming weeks to see if that will work.

The Nemicolopterus is a small version of the Pterodactyl

One idea I do want to explore is to be able to see various much larger Pterodactyl flying in the sky above......

Modded Rising World 2024

Edited 2 times, last by RunAndHideGamer ().

• Insects could also appear in the mod...... the Michael Crichton novel Jurassic Park had gigantic dragonflies with wingspans of up to 75cm ..... called the Meganeura these carnivorous dragonflies could possibly replace the butterflies in the mod and it would be great if they attacked the player if provoked.

Modded Rising World 2024

• Yesterday I jumped into the server that i'm currently playing on Rosaila (sharkbitefischer owner) and heard the new sound effects that you have done and WOW iv got to say I nearly crapped my pants when i first heard these dino sound effects it almost makes Rising world feel like a new gaming experience, great work what you are doing with this mod and I hope that you will continue to keep updating it as i feel this could be almost the second most add-on to the game ( first being pnb ) :D .

So I'm just wondering what are your future plains going forward to add into your mod if the game at this stage supports it :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Yesterday I jumped into the server that i'm currently playing on Rosaila (sharkbitefischer owner) and heard the new sound effects that you have done and WOW iv got to say I nearly crapped my pants when i first heard these dino sound effects it almost makes Rising world feel like a new gaming experience, great work what you are doing with this mod and I hope that you will continue to keep updating it as i feel this could be almost the second most add-on to the game ( first being pnb ) :D .

So I'm just wondering what are your future plains going forward to add into your mod if the game at this stage supports it :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hi Groovaholic

Glad you are enjoying the sound of the dinosaurs in this first version of the mod sound pack.
    This was pretty much created as a test of what it would sound like in game and I was very happy with the results.

However saying that it does need improvement in a number of areas and I am putting together Version 2 which will hopefully be ten times better.

One of the sounds I am adding today is the unique sound of the Raptors as they call out to each other...... one of my favorite sounds from Jurassic Park.

My plans for the mod.....

1. Currently creating the models for the dinosaurs which will be added to the mod. These will all be animated. The T-Rex is the first one going into the mod followed by Raptors.

2. The Players and hostile NPCs will be changed to cavemen.

3. New models created for the vegetation so that trees and plants look more prehistoric.

4. Prehistoric tools and weapons created.

5. Removal of modern day tools and weapons. This means a new way of designing homes and no guns. Imagine hunting a Rex without a rifle.

6. Domestication of dinosaurs such as Triceratops and Stegosaurus

Modded Rising World 2024

An update on the issue with invisible players.....

Red51 looked at this for me and told me he wasn't able to recreate the issue and didn't believe this was an issue with my texturepack.

sharkbitefischer has confirmed it is now working on his end.

Modded Rising World 2024

• I am hoping to upload the next version of the sound effects for the mod later today or tomorrow...... have to do some tweaking of the sound.

This version is what will be used to add in additional dinosaur sounds down the track.
    At times you will be able to hear the wind which I think adds a nice touch to the mod.

Various sounds can be heard from the Brachiosaurus, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Velociraptor.

Will advise later when it is available to download.

Modded Rising World 2024

• Ambiance Files V2 for the mod has been added to the download section on page 1 opening post.

This contains an optional sound of the dinosaurs which you may prefer to V1.
    This file has about 25 minutes of dinosaur sounds with additional tracks being added tomorrow.

I decided to remove the wind from the sound pack as it didn't sound that great when listening to it in Rising World....sounded more like rain.

I will be combining sounds from V1 and V2 together with additional soundtrack for V3 which will be released in around 12 hours or tomorrow.

Modded Rising World 2024

• Work on the Tyrannosaurus Rex for the mod is well under way and I will be doing some tests soon...probably next week..... to get a test version into the game to get the sizing right.

There are various different ways the Tyrannosaurus Rex can look and I will be trying different textures to try and make this a truly terrifying dinosaur.

The Tyrannosaurus Rex will be my number one favorite dinosaur in the mod so I am spending time on it to get it looking right. My challenge will be to work on animation of the T Rex in the game itself.

Modded Rising World 2024

• Work on the Tyrannosaurus Rex for the mod is well under way and I will be doing some tests soon...probably next week..... to get a test version into the game to get the sizing right.

There are various different ways the Tyrannosaurus Rex can look and I will be trying different textures to try and make this a truly terrifying dinosaur.

The Tyrannosaurus Rex will be my number one favorite dinosaur in the mod so I am spending time on it to get it looking right. My challenge will be to work on animation of the T Rex in the game itself.

I want that on Rex, it was possible to put on a saddle and ride it top. Will it be possible? (sorry, google)

• I want that on Rex, it was possible to put on a saddle and ride it top. Will it be possible? (sorry, google)

It is too early to tell.......

My thoughts would be that putting a saddle on a T-Rex would be like putting a saddle on a bear or a tiger which would not be advised.

I do however have some ideas on other dinosaurs that could possibly be saddled but first I have to get the dinosaurs into the game before even looking at that.

Modded Rising World 2024

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!