Prehistoric Rising World Mod - Work in Progress (Environment Texture Files Released)

• Prehistoric Rising World File Download Area
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Full Environment Texture File For Prehistoric Rising World V3
    The link on the next line is where the mod is saved on Microsoft Onedrive
    Updated to V3 12th June 2021

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgNg3YuwkZJPhskovbmuuYp0A2pyGw?e=hfOwdc

To install:

1. Go to your RisingWorld folder.
    2. Create a folder there called Texturepacks
    3. Download the texture zip file and save it in the Texturepacks folder. (Do not extract the zip file)
    4. Go back to the RisingWorld folder and edit the file config.properties
    (I use Notepad ++ but you can use Notepad that come with windows
    5. Look for the line
    custom_texturepack=
    6. Replace it with
    custom_texturepack=ThePrehistoricAgeV3.zip
    7. Save the file , close it and play Rising World with new textures.
    8. When you want to go back to the original textures change the line for custom_texturepack back to
    custom_texturepack=

NOTE: If you suffer from motion sickness you may need to turn off refractions in the game settings.

Modded Rising World 2024

Now running : 100 Player Game Server With My New Modded Rising World

Edited 16 times, last by RunAndHideGamer ().

• Actually looking at that last picture with the tree how cool would it be to see a Tyrannosaurus Rex roughly same size as the tree standing a little bit behind the tree looking directly at you?

Modded Rising World 2024

• The new sky and the new moon from one million years ago........
    The moon is still in alpha version and will be tweaked over the coming weeks after doing more testing.

The dark regions on the moon are the lunar maria which only exists on the side we can see and are not on the far side of the moon.

Modded Rising World 2024

Edited once, last by RunAndHideGamer ().

• My plan for how you will find water in this mod....... my eventual goal is to have water a little more difficult to find and as shown below water here is hidden in the grass next to an apple tree.

I am hoping in the future that we have the ability to mod sounds in the game as you can currently find sources of water by hearing the sound of running water which as shown below would not be a correct sound for this source of water which is still and not moving.

Modded Rising World 2024

• A million years ago , an era in which this mod is set, apples were not growing on trees either as green or red apples.

Instead the only apples you could find during this time were apples who were were a mix of colors between red and a peach color.
    This variety of apple disappeared over the next million years to be replaced by the green and red apples of today.

Modded Rising World 2024

• In this prehistoric time apples trees growing in the wild are often attacked by caterpillars and other insects who feed on the leaves.

The picture below is zoomed in on one apple tree to show some of the leaves have been partly eaten by prehistoric insects.

Modded Rising World 2024

• Over the next few days I will be working on adding a saber-toothed cat to the mod with the ultimate aim being that you will be attacked by a sabre-tooth when you travel in specific biomes.

The sabre-tooth that will be added will most likely be the Xenosmilus hodsonae. The challenge with the Xenosmilus is that it has a small tail (as shown below) unlike wild cats today but I have an idea how to add the smaller tail to the model to give the correct look of the sabre-tooth.

After the sabre-tooth I will look at adding the Woolly Mammoth followed by a version of the Entelodont prehistoric pig.

Modded Rising World 2024

Edited once, last by RunAndHideGamer ().

• Have completed about 50% of the first stage of creating the sabre-tooth and the next step is to do an initial test in the game to check how the texture appears in the mod.

My experience with modding is to constantly test throughout the modding process to check the progress and fix any issues which develop. Creating the sabre-tooth is a fairly complex task so I am doing it small steps at a time.

Also the mod files are backed up in a separate folder to the game files as any game update could override the mod files so keeping work copied to a separate folder is essential.

With the sabre tooth my priority is to make sure that the cat's "sabre-teeth" appears on the model as this is the most unique part of this particular prehistoric cat.

I have also sourced what I believe will be the prehistoric version of the pig in Rising Worldwhich will be an interesting animal to come across in the game.

Modded Rising World 2024

• `Very early look at the sabre tooth tiger................

I had been wondering through the savanna during the day and night had just fallen when I heard the sound of a big cat.

Then I saw it in the long grass ahead of me...... a sabre tooth tiger.
    And it had just killed another big cat.... first time in Rising World where I have seen one predator kill another.

Modded Rising World 2024

Edited 3 times, last by RunAndHideGamer ().

• I completed work on the new look for the pig which is now at version 2.

Improved the details around the eyes and the matted fur is now a higher resolution than it was in version 1.

So why is the pig no longer pink?

Humans began raising sheep, pigs, goats and cows for food around 10,000 years ago which changed the way these domesticated animals appeared and the thousands of years of breeding has resulted in todays domesticated animals being far different from what the looked like a million years ago.

Therefore the sheep, pigs, goats, chickens,etc are different in this mod to how they look in 2017 and this also applies to the wild animals who have also changed appearance over the years.

Version 2 of the domestic pig is now showing in the prior post with an updated picture.

Modded Rising World 2024

• The pumpkins shown 2 pictures back have been updated to version 2 with a new color which makes them easier to see with torchlight.

Back in the stone age pumpkins were not the traditional round orange upright fruit we think of today when you hear the word pumpkin and were different looking way back then.

Modded Rising World 2024

• Wow! This is really awesome! I love it for the better looking night sky alone. Regarding the NPCs and custom tree textures, did you find a way to override in the API or does your mod require modifying jar files? Hopefully the API will make it easy to add custom NPCs that extend or override the built-in variants.

• Wow! This is really awesome! I love it for the better looking night sky alone. Regarding the NPCs and custom tree textures, did you find a way to override in the API or does your mod require modifying jar files? Hopefully the API will make it easy to add custom NPCs that extend or override the built-in variants.

At this stage I am changing the textures but I am looking for options using the API.
    Below is a better view of my new night sky.

Modded Rising World 2024

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!