idea for small vehicle

• Go Karts!

Not the super low and fast death traps.. I mean something like this: http://www.diygokarts.com/imag…ns-kart/kart-done-700.jpg

Maybe it's the first form of motorized vehicle that can be made?

If you get stuck.. just get out and move it by hand.

Yank on a rope or cable with a handle to get it started. If you don't keep it in good shape, it will become more and more difficult to get started etc...

Would be great fun! :D

Haste is the enemy of knowledge.

• I mean this in the nicest way, ok, but what does riding around in a go cart in a tall-grass savanna have to do with surviving and building? I just picture you have this nice mowed raceway, you're headed into turn 3... and a lion or tiger jumps out of the tall grass and kills you. What's more disturbing is some of you would think that's Big Fun.

• Well with that thinking, why would there be any vehicles? But they are planned. Along with roads etc... I figure this can be the most basic form of vehicle with a motor. I didn't mean for go kart tracks and that is what they are used for, although that would be fun too!

I don't think the devs want this game to be all that serious as you seem to think. Yes it looks fairly realistic with lots of realistic elements in-game already, and planned. But from what I can see, they want a certain amount of silliness in the game also. Maybe I am interpreting things wrong, but I want this game to make me laugh at times. Very few games do that.

So yes, if you risk driving a go kart across the savannah near some lions then you might just get eaten, but it would be damn funny! Or you drive it into the swamp and get stuck in the muck, some alligator grabs you and drags you under the water into a death roll... I would laugh! Especially with your buddies watching at a safe distance in their own go karts! haha! Of course they would have to wait for you now, or go back to get ya hehe

Do you just want to walk or run around everywhere? Only able to go as far as you are willing to run before getting bored and turn back? What do the rest of ya think?

Geneo, check this out https://www.rising-world.net/en/page/more/features.html Seems you are missing some stuff in regards to what the devs plan. But thanks for the thoughts dude. Maybe I am one of the few and the majority want this game to be more serious, the devs should know so they don't piss off most of their community! But hope

• I'm still hoping for something like spores vehicle construction system or archemedis ships mod. But if such isn't possible, maybe a simple cart as in, horse and cart type of cart would be best? It'd certainly look good in the game, you could load your ores in it and lug it around, then later tame a horse and hitch it too it for increased tow-weight/rideable instead of dragging it c:

• Naw, I'm fine with 'vehicles'. I envision something like small trucks to haul stuff (and not just ore from mines). Maybe even cars to drive around town (improve point-to-point movement). But I'm not into 'recreational' vehicles for 'fun'. That's just me. If I want to drive (or fly) something for fun, there's games designed specifically for that, and do it a whole lot better than RW ever could. Personally, I'd rather the developers spend their time working on additions that improve the basic game, and not those 'extras' added just for 'fun' that really has nothing to do with the game itself.

I just want RW to be the best of it's kind and not become 'other games within a game'.

• For the more advanced crafting items, like vehicles, I am hoping you would need to craft a bunch of parts and once you have all of them you can craft the final item (vehicle, weapon, machine etc..). So say for a car, you need to craft four wheels, a frame, the motor, axles, suspension maybe.... that kind of thing. Once you have all those you put them together in a final car recipe.

Horses we can ride are planned I believe, so adding a wooden horse cart would be nice.

I didn't intend the go kart to be just recreational, although it should be fun. I mean why not? Would be foolish to make the vehicles in the game boring... IMO any vehicle in this game has a use other than fun. Like the car you mentioned Geneo, it takes you from A to B. Go kart does the same, but is much more simple to make then a car. And the go kart would be more dangerous then a car, so people would have more motivation to build a car, other than the car just being faster. To make the go kart more useful, maybe have a simple trailer that hooks onto it which you can load with stuff. This would help it replace the horse cart.

All of my suggestions, in any thread, are not intended to push the devs to add them ASAP. The suggestions are for whenever they get to it... when they get to vehicles, I would love for them to think about this idea. Simple as that.

• Talking about vehicles and so the horse too :D, i made a 5 min old waggon:

Still needs a horse but something like that would be cool, we could do barrels on it to transport a large amount of blocks XD.

• Lots of stuff could be carried in that. Kinda looks small enough for a person instead of a horse. Good little cart for 5min work hehe

Yeah you are right! I didn't thought about that before but you are right, this could be pulled from the player itself :). But a horse would be much faster :P.

• It would be interesting if they had something like a small pickup truck (Ford Ranger for example) for a vehicle with a higher storage capacity than the standard one they have planned.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!