Multiplayer in Indie games

• Maybe Red51, or his buddies, can tell me why multiplayer is such a shunned feature when it comes to indie games. Why are the developers, moderators, and general users of a steam so set on denying multiplayer for indie games that you end up being turned into a villain.... People want multiplayer, then there's others hounding the ones wanting that it that people complain multiplayer would ruin the game, complicate it, or whatever. Always responses that are either hostile, or devoid of any passion for having fun in games.

• Both Minecraft & Rising World have mutliplayer, and I'm thankful for that. That's why Rising World is far more attractive because you can play ONLINE, with your friends, to do various things.
    • Hell, even Empyrion has multiplayer..... Staxel also has multiplayer, and it's on a similar tone to Minecraft, Rising World, & Empyrion. Medieval Engineers as well..... Colony Survival also has multiplayer, even when you're setting up colonies. Astroneers, even though it's a buggy space game.
    • People tried to mod multiplayer into Skyrim, yet it seemed to have lost momentum. My friend, and others, would have LOVED to play a multiplayer Skyrim, yet it never happened. Not an indie game, but an example of a missed opportunity in gaming.
    • People modded both Euro Truck Sim 2 & American Truck Sim to have multiplayer.
    • Stranded Deep, Subnatuica, Stardew Valley, Train Sim World, and others do NOT have multiplayer. Exception of one game (Stardew) planning to add one, yet the 3+ games would benefit of multiplayer with people helping one another in various ways, yet that's not a thing. People would have helped one another to survive, to use trains, or whateve the theme is in games without multiplayer in some form.
    • UBOOT is a new take on Silent Hunter 3 WW2 submarine war sim, yet curious to see how they'll impliment co-op/Multiplayer. They stated that they'll look into you & a friend to 'share' a submarine, something I find to be a good gesture.

Developers stating that it's "too difficult", it feels "tacked on", and all those other excuses that I find frustrating that I'm thankful where Rising World is at. I'll agree on the thought that it would complicate their development process, though on that equal balance I'm a bit furious because of how "dead" the repsonses I've gained over the years are. It's always the same sort of responses that I feel that people are opening up pre-made cans of excuses to justify why they haven't done what they've done....., and they're always the same. People want to tend to trains as well in 'Train Sim World', yet you also have people counter-replying saying it's "pointless", something I find idiotic when you look at the likes of ETS2 & ATS that there's various things people could do in multiplayer.

- I'm furious because of this:
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/…28719860/?tscn=1506618409

Both the developer & the moderator telling me that it doesn't fit the tone of the game, and I guess it wouldn't, thus why I'm asking how it would ruin the game. Can we simply airport share, or hook up one airport to the next? I guess I'm too hostile, yet I'm just tired of the same responses.

(Maybe I posted this in the wrong gaming forum that I should be asking elsewhere,.... I'm just in a facepalming baffled state.

• I'm glad that multiplayer developed in Rising World so early on because we probably wouldn't have much of a sense of community if not so and I think that alone has saved the game from being trolled to hell with negative reviews. The community had already started to develop before the game even hit Steam when the game was called Concept. So I feel that RW was already a bit more than just another new ea game on Steam that nobody had ever heard of. But I like this game so my opinions are biased! :thumbsup:

I'm glad Red's focusing more on under-the-hood stuff. The content additions aren't too buggy and I'm sure the empahsis on core development over content plays a part.

• Yeah, Rising World is the best that way that I love it. I'm so glad I had my fun in Minecraft, migrating it into Rising World that we can do all that much more that I'm happy where Red51 is with it. There's some issues with multiplayer, yet we can live with them. The one I couldn't was the ore smelting bug, yet that's been long fixed.

I've became a bit nostalgic when the developer stated that it would ruin the game, a risk he wasn't willing to take... I guess I have to respect that, yet just know I can't agree with it when I view 'Airline Tycoon Deluxe'......The developer is indeed right, and I should stop pressing by being hostile, yet hate it when a game doesn't expand past further to a higher level of complexity.

http://store.steampowered.com/…20/Airline_Tycoon_Deluxe/

You could manage an airline with, and against, a friend that it brought fun. I'm so thankful Red51 does what he does, yet I also feel bad he has to deal with me being obnoxious, as well as trolls stirring up trouble....... I simply want games to fill in voids......

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!