Trees & Tree Planting

• Not sure where to put this, thus I'm putting it here.

I found it messy how you can plant trees saplings on any surface, including blocks, that it should be restricted to dirt only. You could easily troll people with trees, and it's also out of place that tree saplings should have specific conditions for them to grow. Tree saplings can be grown just about anywhere, and that's bothersome, that they should only be grown on dirt.

---

- Bonus:

1) Sand shouldn't be able to be tilled (farming with a hoe) into dirt You should either swap out the dirt to sand, or have dirt in your inventory to use up to swap to then gain sand in your inventory.
    2) Saplings tend to be lost when chopping trees. It's mainly seen with cactus seeds, yet any saplings tend to be lost quarter to half the time.
    3) Grass voxels do not drop dirt, and their sound is still of stone when you pickaxe them.

• You could easily troll people with trees

Hmm... that gives me an idea for activities this afternoon... :love:

Sand shouldn't be able to be tilled (farming with a hoe) into dirt

Heh, I live in West Texas, here we farm in SAND! But I see your point, beach sand is just crushed rock anyway, shouldn't be farmed. The sand here is soil, just VERY sandy.

Grass voxels do not drop dirt, and their sound is still of stone when you pickaxe them.

Yeah this bugs me too, it would be nice if those gave you sod, since that ground would be saturated with roots. This could be cut up with a shovel and used as a *please* non-blocks building materiel.

"If all the world was apple pie, And all the sea were ink. And all the trees were bread and cheese, What would we have to drink?" ?(

• You can also place them on wood beams... Not sure if that's accurate.

"If all the world was apple pie, And all the sea were ink. And all the trees were bread and cheese, What would we have to drink?" ?(

• Yeah this bugs me too, it would be nice if those gave you sod, since that ground would be saturated with roots. This could be cut up with a shovel and used as a *please* non-blocks building materiel.

Sod is a nice mention to add into the game. Not familiar with it, yet anything to learn & use would be a good way to go about things.

Looks lIke i can place on any regular stone block, natural block, sandstone block, loam block, copper, or metal

Yeah, I'm glad you made things more scientific to show what I was going on about. That's the thing, trees should be limited to dirt.. Thanks, Fox :thumbup:

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • ;)
    • :(
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • :verysad:
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • :crazy:
    • :lol:
    • :dizzy:
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :thinking:
    • :wacko:
    • :/
    • 8)
    • :wat:
    • :huh:
    • :silenced:
    • :wow:
    • 8|
    • :angry:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :hushed:
    • :nerd:
    • :saint:
    • :drooling:
    • :love:
    • :monocle:
    • :poo:
    • :party:
    • :drunk:
    • <3
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: 7z, avi, bmp, dds, gif, jpeg, jpg, json, log, lua, mp3, mp4, ogg, pdf, permissions, png, properties, rar, txt, xml, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!