[Arcticu] Various Server Issues to note

• I had a nice smooth session, yet a few happenings happened that I have to now note them here in this posting in hopes we can squash them to make Rising World as smooth as I know it.

--------------------

1) When harvesting apples (a line of trees) from Daboiye's tree farm I somehow managed to cut down an apple tree in 1 hit, just from harvesting an apple. We stood there stumped as to how that happened as it felt more of a 'creative' thing, not a survival side of things. (First image below)

2) Both me and Minotaur fell through the world that he had to hit F2 twice to not die two different times. Him first, then me within a span of 2 minutes. It then happened to me shortly after, assuming he dug right under me that the chunk failed to solidify quickly enough for the both of us that it forced us to fall through the ground. We were 'cheat' digging stone in the same cave to set up a new mining spot near the spawn base.

3) I somehow managed to turn a log ID 90 beam into a plank that it's both hilarious & silly that it happened. All I was doing was quick placing it heading upwards while using stage 2 setting on the grid to place it on the horizontal log. (second image below)

4) Planks & Beams protesting so much that it tried haunting me 4 seperate times this session with various visual bugs and errors.
    4.1) First one was the flooring I knocked down, yet was unable to place plank back in until a exiting to menu & back.
    4.2) Second one is the third image below being all pointy & triangular.
    4.3) Third silly plank glitch being the 4th image below next to my railings.
    4.4) Must have been another one somewhere I noted, yet forgot about earlier, yet it was after the flooring & before the 4.2 issue.

-------

That seems to be it.

• I forgot to note two more

1) When you Click-dump items into crates in pages 2-4 (also for chests) it sometimes goes back to page one that you have to move them back to page 2-4. All those ores you get from digging, and such.

2) Floor lamps should be able to be picked up because they're small enough. This should apply to any electrical appliance. I'm aware that ceiling lights are intended to be placed once to be broken because of future plans for electricity, and such. Furniture related lighting should be able to be picked up though.... The things like floor lamps, desk lamp, and normal lamp should be picked up.

• Going to note another one, even though it's a client thing... No matter how far down you are undeground you can hear the rainy footsteps when it rains. It should be limited to a certain depth, then quit then on where the wet rainy step sound stops playing there.

Also noticed some light glitches with torches in underground tunnels you dig to hastfully reach the deeper underground portions. It's either bright white, torch colour, or very weird voxel cavern of lights, and such. It's like some parts are in their own realm.

• Well, I'm trying to fiddle with the permissions system to eventually allow people to visit the server, yet it's hissyfitting so much that I just feel so stupid.

All I'm trying to do is attach a colour system to my admin name tag, chat itself, and such, yet it just won't play fair. I feel like I'm missing something basic that it's messing with everything. I even lost my admin tag trying to attach colour to it. I'm trying to use the hex colour coding thing, as well as the default colours found on Zork's wiki, yet nothing wants to work. I guess I'm just "too stupid" to do something that should be simple :rolleyes:

• //Groupname shows in TAB-Menu
    group: Admin

//Textcolor in Chat
    chatcolor: 0xFFFFFF

//Namecolor in Chat
    chatnamecolor: 0xFF0000

//NAME (Admin): Chat Text
    chatprefix: (Admin)

//Chatprefix (Admin) is written in red
    chatprefixcolor: 0xFF0000

//Shown over your head
    shownametag: true
    showadmintag: true

//Your Namecolor over your head
    nametagcolor: 0xFFFFFF

//Prefix means, before your name
    nametagprefix: (Admin)
    nametagprefixcolor: 0xFF0000

Please don't use "//" for the files, these are not comments.

• It's the colour thing itself, and I lost the Prefix beside my name as well. It removed it all refusing to read it at all.

---------

PLaying around with it again using this site as well [http://www.color-hex.com/color-wheel/] while adding and removing the # big before the colour hex code. It's refusing to work.

• Nitrado is also frustrating me that I can't download the world on a whim, nor the backups. I used to be able to download the backups, just not now. When I managed to download the world parts I did some exploring finding my two important settlements can reach both another desert biome & a winter biome.... Winter biome is tiny though that I wish it was larger. Same could be said with deserts as well that I wish they both were larger. Forests for days, yet no winter or desert biomes to choose from. Must be my seed.

Also found some weird funky abandoned dungeons.......... There were more, and some normal ones as well.......

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!