• Rising world is an awesome game. I have just bought this game just few days ago and I am completly fond of it.

I have read these three threads:

I think that they are massive and incredible sources of suggestions and that the whole three are able to summarize quite all the possible articles of a player wishlist. It is hard to add something and it is harder to comment in a separate way on each of the three threads :huh: , this is the main reason because I have created a new thread.

Other than the fact that I want to add my 2 cents to the suggestions forum. :whistling:

I would to talk about introducing different tiers ingame:

• Early Stone Age

• Tools: Simplest possible tools, no components required. Just simple shaped rocks. No hafting. Lower Paleolithic Tools. Early Stone Age tools. A starting basic set of tools, like a hammer, a chopper, an handaxe should be given to every player at start. These tools are very inefficient and they worn out really fast.
      • Weapons: Use the tools as weapons.
      • Components & Materials: Logs, sticks and stone.
      • Mining: Very inefficient stone.
      • Metallurgy: None.
      • Containers: None.
      • Crafting Stations: None.
      • Cloth: None.
      • Farming: None.
      • Food: Hunter gatherer. Only raw food. No coocking.
      • Shelter: Simplest possible, just a hut made of some chopped branches and leaves. No control of fire.
    • Stone Age

• Tools: Refined and hafted stone tools, components and crafting required. Upper Paleolithic Tools. Later Stone Age tools. A complete set of stone tools. These tools are very inefficient, but they last much longer than early stone age ones or copper tools.
      • Weapons: any melee weapon should deliver more damage than any ranged weapon.

• Melee: Stone Axe (less range than spear, more damage), spear (stone tip, more range than axe, less damage).
        • Ranged: Spear-thrower (spears as projectiles, less range than bow, but more damage than bow), really basic bow (stone tipped arrow, more range than spear-thrower, but less damage than spear-thrower).
      • Components & Materials: Logs, sticks, hides, stone, dirt (clay).
      • Mining: Stone, dirt.
      • Metallurgy: None.
      • Containers: Pottery.
      • Crafting Stations: Primitive and basic wood working, primitive and basic pottery, full stone working, full hide working.
      • Cloth: Basic, hides.
      • Farming: Primitive, basic and inefficient, primitive animal husbandry (dogs and pigs).
      • Food: Hunter gatherer, introducing farming. Raw and coocked food.
      • Shelter: Huts, Hide tents, basic stone masonry. Control of fire.
    • Copper Age

• Tools: Polished and hafted copper tools, smelting ore, components and crafting required. Metallurgy during the Copper Age in Europe. A complete set of copper tools. These tools are much more efficient than any stone tool, but they worn out very fast.

• Melee: Copper Axe (less range than spear, more damage), spear (copper tip, more range than axe, less damage), copper sword (range and damage halfway through axe and spear).
        • Ranged: improved bow (copper tipped arrow, more range than spear-thrower, pretty same damage of copper spear).
      • Components & Materials: Logs, sticks, hides, stone, dirt, copper, wool.
      • Mining: Stone, dirt, copper.
      • Metallurgy: Primitive and basic smelting copper ore.
      • Containers: Pottery, copper containers.
      • Crafting Stations: Primitive and basic wood working, primitive and basic copper working, primitive and basic wool working, full pottery, full stone working, full hide working.
      • Cloth: Improved clothing, hides and wool.
      • Farming: improved, animal husbandry (dogs, pigs and sheeps).
      • Food: Farming and Hunting mostly, some gathering. Coocked food mostly.
      • Shelter: Hide tents, stone masonry, primitive and basic use of copper. Full control of fire.
    • Bronze Age

• Tools: Bronze tools require smelting and alloying different ores, components and crafting. Bronze Age A complete set of bronze tools. These tools are as efficient as the copper tools, but they last as the stone age tools.

• Melee: Bronze Axe (less range than spear, more damage), spear (bronze tip, more range than axe, less damage), bronze sword (range and damage halfway through axe and spear).
        • Ranged: improved bow (bronze tipped arrow).
      • Components & Materials: Logs, sticks, hides, stone, dirt, copper, tin, wool, fibers from plants (cannabis sativa, cyperus papyrus).
      • Mining: Stone, dirt, copper, tin.
      • Metallurgy: Improved smelting copper ore, improved smelting tin ore, basic alloying copper and tin ore making bronze alloy.
      • Containers: Pottery, copper, tin and bronze containers.
      • Crafting Stations: Basic wood working, copper working, tin working, bronze working, primitive and basic vegetal fibers working, cloth dying, full wool working, full pottery, full stone working, full hide working.
      • Cloth: Improved clothing, hides, wool, vegetal fibers.
      • Farming: improved, improved animal husbandry (dogs, pigs, sheeps, cattle, chickens, elephants).
      • Food: Farming, animal husbandry mostly, some hunting - gathering. Coocked food mostly.
      • Shelter: Hide tents, improved stone masonry, improved use of copper, tin and bronze. Full control of fire.
    • Iron Age

• Tools: Iron tools require advanced smelting and alloying different ores, components and crafting. Iron Age. A complete set of iron tools. These tools are much more efficient than others, and they last longer than others.

• Melee:Iron Axe (less range than spear, more damage), spear (iron tip, more range than axe, less damage), iron sword (range and damage halfway through axe and spear).
        • Ranged: improved bow (iron tipped arrow).
      • Components & Materials: Logs, sticks, hides, stone, dirt, copper, tin, iron, coal, wool, fibers from plants (cannabis sativa, cyperus papyrus).
      • Mining: Stone, dirt, copper, tin, iron, coal.
      • Metallurgy: advanced smelting ore, improved alloying. Iron smelting in the Iron Age.
      • Containers: Pottery, copper, tin, bronze and iron containers.
      • Crafting Stations: Basic wood working, full copper working, full tin working, full bronze working, full iron working, basic vegetal fibers working, cloth dying, full wool working, full pottery, full stone working, full hide working.
      • Cloth: Improved clothing, hides, wool, vegetal fibers.
      • Farming: advanced, advanced animal husbandry (dogs, pigs, sheeps, cattle, chickens, elephants, horse).
      • Food: Farming, animal husbandry mostly, some hunting - gathering. Coocked food mostly.
      • Shelter: Hide tents, improved stone masonry, improved use of copper, tin, bronze and iron. Full control of fire.
    • Classic Age ...

This is an incomplete post, but it helps to write down some ideas and it is just a thread starter...
    I will appreciate any kind of comment.

It is a very long list of suggestions and I am pretty confident that it is an overwhelming task to develop all these kind of things, other than, maybe, most people are not interested in a such fine grained tiers, maybe it could be a great help to let modding support for custom tools, custom items and custom objects, that is also custom crafting stations and resources... ...is it right now possible?

• In my opinion the shouldnt be given. They should be crafted from sticks and stones laying on the ground :)

Really? ?(
    I was wondering exactly the contrary, that is most people think that the "Early Stone Age" tier is useless and boring... :huh:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!