Oh NOOO! I may have corrupted my big Wollaton build.

• I was building in my Wollaton Hall build when it crashed/quit a couple days ago. I was about done, and crash quitting after and few hours isn't that unusual—so I didn't investigate. Today, I tried to start the game and my Wollaton build world simply will not load. It gets to 10% and hangs. I can only force quit. Tried multiple times, restarted game, computer, everything. Using Steam Loader, which I often have issues with, but I can successfully start and run any of my other worlds. BUMMER! ;(

I have a back up of the db but it is from August. I swapped out the db and world parts folder and backed up the latest (possibly corrupted version). I can open and run the version from August. So whatever it is, it is on the world/db itself. I have done some work since then (? is it really work???). I'd like to get it back if possible, but if not I guess I can backtrack a few months and do it again.

Anyway, if anyone is a db expert and might want to look at mine to see if anything jumps out as an obvious corrupted file??? I would be most grateful. <3<3<3<3

I didn't want to post this in the General Help area, because I don't want Red51 to spend any brain cells on it. We all are anxious for that update! ;)

I guess the moral of this story is to always back up, frequently. Darn it.

• I am sure red can fix your database so I would suggest you wait a bit until the update is out and ask him then. In the meantime I can have a look if you want though you would have to send me the whole world folder i.e. through dropbox or googledrive since it probably is too large for the forum

• I loaded your world and it works on my PC :/ are you sure you didn't send me the backup instead of the possibly corrupted one? (The file you sent me was: BU-9-28-17 Survival 1 )

• ok you are right you have managed to somehow corrupt one (or more) of your player blobs in the database, I deleted your player from the database and the world loads fine. I have sent you a message with a dropbox link for you to download the new .db file.

In case you don't spawn next to your build use the command "findbase" in the console and it should give you the x and z coordinates for your build, then type "tp PlayerName x y z" (for y use 100 or so but be in fly mode since you will appear mid air) and you should appear next to your build.

• My player blobs?! LOL. OK. I will try.

I do have the gps plugin installed, with home waypointed. That might work too, yeah?

Thank you so much. <3 I will let you know what happens! :thumbsup:

player blobs are just the way the data is stored in the database for that part of the data.
    from my under standing its to help speed up the database but can also cause problems if the data is not fully finished getting entered before it crash's

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!