Map Data using a lot of HD space.

• The map data of my world is over 500 mb so far. It seems to me that the map could pull the data from the main database rather then create its own. The world so far is not all that large yet and I could see it consuming a lot of Gigabytes if the world gets really large. There must be a way where the map could consume much less HD space.

• The map data of my world is over 500 mb so far. It seems to me that the map could pull the data from the main database rather then create its own. The world so far is not all that large yet and I could see it consuming a lot of Gigabytes if the world gets really large. There must be a way where the map could consume much less HD space.

To have a map stored in a main database could cause more problems than its worth, like slow internet would make the game unplayable, or if the server goes down then no one can play there game not even in single player mode oO
    also with how cheap hdd space is it just makes more sense having the data stored on your hdd.

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • To have a map stored in a main database could cause more problems than its worth, like slow internet would make the game unplayable, or if the server goes down then no one can play there game not even in single player mode oOalso with how cheap hdd space is it just makes more sense having the data stored on your hdd.

Yahgiggle, The map need not store anything but your landmarks , All it needs to do is read the data from the world and display it .

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!