How to make a Server

• Hey im trying to make a server on rising world for me and my friend please give me an explained version of how to make a server please replay to me Thank you Very Much
    :P:P:P:P:P:P

• There are 3 options when making a server. Please bear with me as I don't know much about this.

• LAN. This is a server you host on your LAN router that you access from your house basically. Only a option if your friend plays the same house.
    • Private. You can also host a server from your machine that can be accessed all over the world. There are a few problems; Your machine must be powerful enough to run the server well, and it will suck a lot of power.
    • Rented. This is the best option. You simply rent a server from a wide variety of compatible companies. Nitrado and GTXGaming are 2 popular ones. The only downside is obviously the monthly fee. I think you could get a good one for about $15 a month, but you would have to talk to someone like @zfoxfire about that, he is a pro at server-stuff.

Hope this helps! :D

"If all the world was apple pie, And all the sea were ink. And all the trees were bread and cheese, What would we have to drink?" ?(

• Hey im trying to make a server on rising world for me and my friend please give me an explained version of how to make a server please replay to me Thank you Very Much
    :P:P:P:P:P:P

i moved your post to this server help area as its more to do with this subject.

For how to setup a server, you can find all the info you need at this link at the top of the page Server Help

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • If you want to play a few times a week then I'd pick 'Open Lan' to where you may have to use Hamachi. It's not recommended since I myself ended up becoming a target for Hamachi hacks to gain access to my computer. I had to uninstall it, trying to deactivate my account & etc. I'd recommend playing in the same home.

Then there's hosting it on your computer [Guide] to be able to host it on your computer with more control. You could even dedicate a specific computer in your household to such, but keep in mind computers have to be powerful enough to do this.

Then there's Rented servers to host it for you while being at the mercy of the server hosting. It's the easiest, yet also the most hassle when the site's GUI changes, and such. The layouts, and such.

If you're playing less then it's either Open Lan or a private server hosted on your machine. If it's long-term then try renting it, or dedicating it 24/7 on a specific household computer while having unlimited internet usage.

• Then there's hosting it on your computer [Guide] to be able to host it on your computer with more control. You could even dedicate a specific computer in your household to such, but keep in mind computers have to be powerful enough to do this.

Well for hosting a game like this, your computer/server does not need to be as powerful as it may seem

any old laptop with 2 to 4 gigs of ram would host the server files no problem at all

The only real thing that you need is a stable fast internet connection and i also would recommend using a static ip address.

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Only saying that to be safe because I've witnessed people dropping into the void at times. Weird water problem and such that it's better to be safe with higher computer specifications. I've seen servers strain on Minecraft side as well where it would rubber-band you horribly.......

Better safe than sorry.

Thats more to do with internet speed there connection than the server, most the hard work is done on the pc the game is played on
    the server does very little work its very light, i ran a Rising World server on a intel Atom laptop with 2 gigs of ram no problem at all

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Maybe so, yet theres still a chance of dropping through into the void when the terrain doesn't render fast enough. I forgot who it was, maybe it was Daboiye, yet he had to lower his settings for when it rained that it was painfully laggy that he wished it was always sunny. That was a rare thing when it was always cloudy and rainy, and still is.

I guess I'll just not, yet just saying this in a "better safe than sorry" manner.

• Maybe so, yet theres still a chance of dropping through into the void when the terrain doesn't render fast enough. I forgot who it was, maybe it was Daboiye, yet he had to lower his settings for when it rained that it was painfully laggy that he wished it was always sunny. That was a rare thing when it was always cloudy and rainy, and still is.

I guess I'll just not, yet just saying this in a "better safe than sorry" manner.

dropping through often happens because of the users own computer, it cannot render the game fast enough, its nothing at all to do with the server,
    often dropping your screen resolution and detail can indeed help solve this, or getting a better video card if you play on a tower

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • no

ehm kinda yes, a server should have enough ram to support many people connected to it as well as a high upload speed internet connection for the people not to lag a lot

• sure but if you want to host a server as was the context of the "powerful machine" comment then you cannot take it out of context and say it doesn't apply.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!