Changelog 2017-11-30: New playermodels, new items and more!

• As @Sneaky_Koala already mentioned, another patch is available which should hopefully solve the workbench issues and some other crashes. Still working on some other issues ;)

@WalterDasTrevas: Actually we did prepare a shovel, but it won't be part of this update ^^

@littlecats: Thanks for letting us know, we will fix that asap :)

@Agrenor Danke für den Hinweis, das wird schleunigst behoben!

@Brash: That's true, there aren't many hairstyles available at the moment. But this update does not contain all hairstyles and customization options yet, more will be added over the next weeks I guess ;)

• Yep, from a quick look everything shows in the preview pane again but window frames appear to zoomed in - for example if I craft 'window frame d' it appears in the inventory box as a cross heh.

The rake/sledgehammer issue still exists (will still only deposit material and not remove it)

Cheers for getting these things sorted so quickly - especially since it's around 4am in Germany.

• I got the following error log on loading an old world, each time the same.

Windows 7 (x64) 6.1 Java: 1.8.0_131 amd64 0.9_37 -H:3072 -D:3072 (Steam)
    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6700 @ 2.66GHz, 0A68h, 8191 MB (3203 MB Heap)
    NVIDIA Quadro 6000 20170814000000.000000-000 21.21.13.7761
    at content.util.ClientUtils$ConversionUtils.byteArrayToInventory(SourceFile:854)
    at aJ.o.a(SourceFile:541)
    at commons.JIWApplication.update(SourceFile:286)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.runLoop(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:151)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglDisplay.runLoop(LwjglDisplay.java:197)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:232)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

• this message was giving when i tried to load up all the Tux outfits

Mac OS X 10.13.1 Java: 1.8.0_121 x86_64 0.9_37 -H:3072 -D:3072 (Steam)
    at com.jme3.scene.Spatial.lookAt(Spatial.java:551)
    at content.k$a.lookAt(SourceFile:134)
    at content.k.b(SourceFile:113)
    at w.b.update(SourceFile:303)
    at com.jme3.app.state.AppStateManager.update(AppStateManager.java:287)
    at commons.JIWApplication.update(SourceFile:328)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.runLoop(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:151)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:232)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

• Now the game crashes if you click on the musket in the crafting bench.

This issue will be fixed shortly :)

The rake/sledgehammer issue still exists (will still only deposit material and not remove it)

Should also be fixed very soon ;)

In the block bench all blocks show as a tanning rack.

It seems the blocks in the block bench aren't rendering properly in general... currently working on this issue.

Note to self: be sure to load musket BEFORE coming across the bear lol

Hehe, sounds like a good idea :D

OK, how do I find clothes?

Unfortunately you can't craft them yet, but you can spawn them via command. My favorites: clothing poncho, clothing fez and clothing grouchoglasses :saint:
    However, once the stable version is out, you will be able to craft the clothes at the loom.

I got the following error log on loading an old world, each time the same.

Thanks for the error log, looks like some items are still broken. Should be fixed soon^^

• My first error since updating my install this morning. Trying to open a certain chest - looks like the hoe needs sorting.

Linux 4.14.0 Java: 1.8.0_131 amd64 0.9_37 -H:3072 -D:3072 (Steam)
    at content.util.ClientUtils$ConversionUtils.byteArrayToChest(SourceFile:868)
    at aJ.o.a(SourceFile:340)
    at commons.JIWApplication.update(SourceFile:286)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

• Is the bucket missing? And the hoe? Can't find them in any of the crafting menus.

Also, can you please link to or list the clothing command options?

Thx

"The most beautiful stories always start with wreckage." ~Jack London

• Red51, you've really outdone yourself here. I'm glad you chose the beta route to keep things nice and clean until issues are sorted; Floasting ores, water update stuck at spawn, and the whole cotton & Hemp not being coded in. With all the error logs it was right of you to go beta route, something you'll have to replicate for future updates.

----------

Picking the changelog apart there are things I have yet to poke at, yet the things I'm aware of I'll note.

> [New] A marker will be created on your map upon death (showing the location of your dead body)

That one was a real pain in the rear that we tried to get Red51 to add in death markers on compasses and such. I'm glad you can make another map to find out where you've died. It's a step in the right direction. Not being able to know where you've died made me less likely to travel far, unless a road was built vaguely in that direction.

> [New] Added command "size" to set the size of a construction element manually

Handy. I may end up using this depending on how things go. I guess I may have requested it, or others. Needs testing. It's handy for when you need repetition for fence making, and such. Preset sizes, and such.

> [New] When placing a construction element you'll see the texture id of the element you're currently looking at

Oh, how I wanted this so I could stop making signs on walls noting what ID I've used.

> [Change] Increased walk and sprint speed

This one was a real pain in the rear. I'm glad Red51 tweaked this, something I need to test out. With how you sprinted it was too slow. Took too long. Walking is fine, yet running.... Running is speed walking, yet slowly. (Need to test this out).

> [Change] Reduced memory consumption
    > [Change] Improved world generation speed, especially in cases where lots of lights were used

Curious to see how this impacts performance. This should come in handy for when we walks & run. More so for when horses, trains, and such are introduced into the game. I'll be needing to test this out.

> [Change] Elements can now be placed on other objects (e.g. furniture)

This one has always bugged me when trying to make makeshift picture frames, or whichever. Now we can happily make whatever on there.

> [Change] Increased minimum spawn rate of acacia saplings

This helps! I want to see how exactly, yet glad it's been boosted slightly with how it couldn't self-sustain itself in tree farms.

> [Change] Animals now run away from nearby gunshots or explosions

Clever! Some immersion! More! More! I find this hilarious because it 1-ups Minecraft when you hit animals with a sword that they run away a bit then give up.

> [Change] You can now also place ores in the furnace by holding your mouse button (faster loading)
    > [Change] You can also keep your interaction key pressed to pickup items from a furnace (faster unloading)

People complained about it being too tedious. Arthritis and such that it helps them out. Just as long as you keep the whole manual feel this stays awesome.

> [Change] Ore orientation has small variation now when placing in furnace

Ooo! More immersive additions! This is like how the ores tend to change shapes and styles each time you jump into your world.

> [Bugfix] Saloon doors finally work properly now

Yatta!~ About time! With how they've trapped you I feel they're more like jail doors, yet that can change back to something more peaceful. Thanks Red51! :thumbup:

> [Bugfix] Grid (G) is now displayed correctly on construction elements

Sweet! No more hellish grid placements! That one gaming session really soured my gaming experience that I'm glad it's now back to normal. :D

> [Bugfix] Fixed "chatnamecolor" in permissions
    > [Bugfix] Fixed issue on mp servers when "settings_admins_allpermissions" was set to false

I'm curious about this one seeing as how I had issues with them.

> [New] Added API support for custom sounds (see API changelog)

Upon hearing an elaboration on it you can do whatever you want with it. Have it play, triggered, and etc. From soundeffects to music..... This is awesome! I shall be making a nice 'Sbaratang Concert Hall' (based on a Japanese violin anime figure) to play my own music in that concert hall. Google up Sharatang (Shinki SHaratang) then you'll see where I'm going with this. I've wanted to do this in Minecraft, now being able to do so in Rising World. Shweet!

-------------

Excellent! You've really done a nice job here. More so behind the scenes with bug fixes that it shall be neat finally playing it during my "tomorrow" (Friday) onwards. Makes me happy to see many things tackled.

Now, I see I have a new major project to taclke that relates to sound API that I now want to tackle that 'Sharatang Concert Hall' project to allow for my own music to play in that concert hall. Maybe other people's music as well. This is awesome!

• I cant break out glass.

That issue should be fixed with the latest hotfixes :)

My first error since updating my install this morning. Trying to open a certain chest - looks like the hoe needs sorting.

Just released a hotfix, please have a look if this issue persists.

Hi, I have a resolution of 1366x768. And that's how it looks:

Still on my list, the next hotfix is going to fix that^^

Is the bucket missing? And the hoe?

Both recipes should be there now after the latest hotfix :)

Picking the changelog apart there are things I have yet to poke at, yet the things I'm aware of I'll note.

Hehe, thanks for the feedback! Hopefully these things are still true, since many changes were done months ago (hopefully newer additions didn't break it) :D

• Hey?! Where's the NPCS?! ........ The statue NPCS? I don't see them on the changelog.

red51: I decided to release them with one of the subsequent updates ^^ there are still some issues with the 3rd person sync at the moment, really need to get them sorted out first ^^

Oh, that makes sense. The updates shall now come more frequently that it makes sense to hold it off until it works. That's why we have a beta branch to test things out. Honestly, if I'm this patient then it's a good reasoning. I'm itching for NPCs, yet need to test this update first. So many things to explore. :thumbsup:

--------------

Hehe, thanks for the feedback! Hopefully these things are still true, since many changes were done months ago (hopefully newer additions didn't break it)

You're welcome. You can expect a more detailed/accurate one (and a live one) for when I play. Hopefully it'll be a smoother experience for when I play that you can pick out the finer details that were missed. We'll see how it goes for when I manage to get there. 8o

Can't wait! But I need to sleep. It's like Christmas. This anticipation. 8o8o

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!