Changelog 2017-11-30: New playermodels, new items and more!

• Would be awesome to have a suit to go with it

Hehe, maybe we get one ready for Christmas :D

As far as I see, every weapon one shot any mob. I just try to shoot an elephant with the crossbow and it was one shot. It would be more « survival » to had more hitpoints to mobs or reduce damage from these weapons ? perhaps add a «headshot» reward (critical damage) witch one shot, but bears and big animals need to be more difficult to face on I think.

Yes, that's true. We definitely want to improve that, and we also need a proper headshot detection ^^

I think steel pickaxe will be underused. I love it, but the mining drill is more « sexy » for sometime less effort (mithril is deep, or you manage to find a dungeon, mining drill require only basic ores)

You're right. I think we need to change the recipes. However, the mithril requirement is anyway just a temporary solution for the steel pickaxe, until steel is available^^

Do not see other players! Sometimes, and had to relog.

That's strange... I have seen similar issues prior the update, but it didn't happen very often. Is there maybe a way to reproduce it?

nvm Think I understand now. Works just like the "setinventory". Right?

Yes, indeed, your current clothes will serve as default spawn outfit then :)

Get meter to move and sounds, but no text in the meter window

No text? 8|

Can't remove hats.

It seems that dragging the clothes seems to be tricky sometimes... we need to improve that. If we don't find a satisfying solution, we will probably just create separate slots for that or something like that ^^

I did the command while wearing what I want as the "default", but new players are still naked [...] The default clothing DOES appear to be working. Nice change!

Hehe, yeah, it only affects players who join the server for the first time.

@red51 Really big issues with "falling through the world" when using "Protals" or "Teleporting" since this update. Help!

We just released another hotfix which should hopefully fix this issue! Sorry about that

@red51 Could you make arrows and bullets destroy glass?

Definitely planned^^

My paper press isn't working

What's happening exactly? Maybe create a separate topic about that ;)

• Regarding:

Ore Detector: Yes, no text on the detector. The ore text show up on the main screen (briefly) not on the detector itself. I believe it used to show on the detector.

Removing Clothing: It is not just hats. You cant remove any clothing to your inventory (drag). You can only drag a new item to your model and it does get replaced. red51 To clarify a bit here... In the inventory things appear to work and display right, but other players do not see the changes made when just removing items. Only if you replace items.

Falling Through World: THIS APPEARS RESOVED! THANKS!

• I just got off the game about 10 minutes ago.
    Most all went fine.
    Placing cooking grill isn't working, I tried but summoning it with the console command and crafting it. It shows in the inventory correctly, a 4 legged flat grill to set over the fireplace/campfire. When I attempt to place it is invisible: nothing showing at all.
    If I deliberately drop in out of inventory, I can see the crate image hitting the floor. I picked the crate up and attempted to place it again, and still invisible.
    Yes I reclogged to the desk top and tried again. No luck.

Nice update bug squasher tonight <3

• Ore Detector: Yes, no text on the detector. The ore text show up on the main screen (briefly) not on the detector itself. I believe it used to show on the detector.

Hmm... is maybe the graphic_logarithmic_depthbuffer setting in your config.properties file set to true? It looks like it's still causing some issues with the rendering order in some cases (probably that's the reason why the text isn't visible on the ore detector) :huh:

Falling Through World: THIS APPEARS RESOVED! THANKS!

Thanks for the feedback, glad to hear that :thumbsup:

Placing cooking grill isn't working, I tried but summoning it with the console command and crafting it. It shows in the inventory correctly, a 4 legged flat grill to set over the fireplace/campfire. When I attempt to place it is invisible: nothing showing at all.

Unfortunately you can't place the cooking grill everywhere, as @Jon_miner mentioned. You can only place it on a campfire ^^

I actually have not been able to reproduce it and players do appear to be showing up just fine now.

We really have to keep an eye on this issue. It seems to be an old bug...

• Thanks for the video! Now that's a strange issue... does it work if you remove and replace the paper press? Does the issue also occur on other maps? Maybe the cloths item is somehow broken, does it work if you craft some new cloths and place them in the paper press?

Found a bug when i want to place a triangular piece of wood with the longest side against a triangular piece of stone (see images before and after placement).

Well, it's not exactly a bug, it's unfortunately a technical limitation. It is our intention to rework the way how blocks work (this will solve this issue anyway), but right now you can't place two different blocks/textures at the same position (i.e. block position)... as a workaround in this particular case, you could just place full wood blocks at the given position (and above the block, you can place the stone ramps) ;)

is the "Shot Heard Around the World" Bug getting looked at? its weird hearing others firing things. it feels Like I'm being Hunted.

Are you referring to the crossbow or the firearms?

• Found a bug when i want to place a triangular piece of wood with the longest side against a triangular piece of stone (see images before and after placement).

that happens with all triangles atm, this is because they occupy the whole block position and not just the triangle you see, we have asked for a fix to this and hopefully red will change this behaviour when the construction system is reworked

• @red51 Regarding Ore Detector:

Red51: Hmm... is maybe the graphic_logarithmic_depthbuffer setting in your config.properties file set to true? It looks like it's still causing some issues with the rendering order in some cases (probably that's the reason why the text isn't visible on the ore detector)

Yes, I had that set to true. With it false the text displays properly. However with it set to false, the needle flickers a bit as well as overlapping planks-beams in the world. On the other hand with that set to false my FPS are a bit higher for the same area.

• That's really strange oO Does this issue still occur? In this case, please create a new topic about that and maybe post the full hs_err_pid file there :)

I probably didn't explain it the best. The 7.2 free before starting the game was the first time it died after several minutes of play from a clean start with only skype and steam running in the background with a system uptime of about 5 minutes prior to executing rw. No error log was generated.

The 2.9 gig used with Skype, steam plus firefox loaded was after I'd loaded it a second time to see if I could recreate the crash. The 2.9 (say 5 free) was with the game running but I'd not yet done anything. The crash occurred again after some time, and the output shown in my pasted error log was all that was output.

It then hit me that nearly everyone has a swap partition (or on windows a swap file) but I've never bothered because nothing has ever eaten anything close to 8 gig of RAM. I created a 12 gig swap partition and my overall usage would hit about 11 gig (7.2 RAM and around 4 swap). That solved the problem of course.

Tonight to recreate the crash I disabled my swap partition and when RAM usage got to about 7.x gig on a server I started moving very, very, slowly to give a chance for an error log to be generated instead of an immediate hard crash. It worked and I now have an error log over a megabyte in size. I can wack it on pastebin if you like, but as I say it won't be an issue for 99% of people.

• This doesn't seem to work right?
    I've done setclothing rags_shirt but players are not spawning with the rags_shirt?

if it works anything like the setinventory command, then you have to first put the clothing you want on, then type the command, "setclothing" with no extra parameters. this will set whatever you are currently wearing as the default. setinventory works the sameby setting whatever is in your inventory as default.

• if it works anything like the setinventory command, then you have to first put the clothing you want on, then type the command, "setclothing" with no extra parameters. this will set whatever you are currently wearing as the default. setinventory works the sameby setting whatever is in your inventory as default.

Cheers I'll give that a try

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!