Sign ownership

• aX.c INFO: Player zfoxfire illegal state: SetSignText: Player is not author of this text (author id: 3)

I'm not sure if this is new behavior or not but I just noticed I can no longer edit a sign which i presume someone else crafted. I'm in a shared world (open to lan) and I tried editing a sign. I can easily move content about any chest but the sign attached to the chest I cannot edit. This is cool, but is it possible to improve group behavior or what exactly is the long-term goal of groups? Also, are the groups we can join amongst ourselves the same or different from the groups in the permission system?

I actually kinda like the ownership approach that ARK takes. If I join a group then anything I own or make belongs to the group. If I leave, i lose access to anything owned collectively except what is in my inventory

• that was always the case as far as I am aware, the exception was not thrown but you couldn't edit signs placed by others

I actually kinda like the ownership approach that ARK takes. If I join a group then anything I own or make belongs to the group. If I leave, i lose access to anything owned collectively except what is in my inventory

I hate this approach, played it on conan exiles and it was annoying if you wanted to leave a clan to join another and your house was nowhere close to the clan base and you lost it :(

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!