[0.9] Errors

• Well, the sound issue from the beta is still within the game that it's now pestering me so much. It was fine on day 1, yet the longer I play the more I'm finding that it's hounding me because I'm now traveling around trying to visit my various settlements that it causes everything to lag out. The worst settlement for this sound issue & lagging is 'Brisko Village', my desert city. It's one of those you move and stutter, you move and starter.... Think of it like very 2nd second you lag that. I then tried running from the mid point of the work from halfway to the desert to my fort where the stuttering became far more noticable.

846 mb in sound memory. The first time when I visit Brisko you could hear a static 'pop' where I had to then restart my client as a whole. I traveled from my Fort to the desert city where once I loaded my settlement things went downhill.

The time now, reason why I'm posting this, I walked back to my fort where I can now no longer hear the footsteps, the furnace smelting my sulfur ore for dynamite, and such.... it's now almost at an unplayable state for me that I'm in a highly frustrated state right now. The sound memory, or whatever it may be, is killing the vibe for me. I also can't hear my dude eating watermelons. I can hear torches and such, but nothing else.

--------

ALso, posters phase through walls that you can see them clearly phasing through my Canadian Tower & mini museum/Touristy center. You know about that one though, yet still noting it here......

---------------

This is the second time this has happened where the sound would stop where a certain sound effect would play..... Both in the beta & now. Now it's making the inventory item switch noise in repetition to eventually lead into a very weird sound of the mining drill. More 'ambient'.

Also, when you try and pick up the garden torch it says you can't, yet you still can when you press F again.

• The worst settlement for this sound issue & lagging is 'Brisko Village', my desert city

There is definitely something wrong with the sound stuff, but we're working on it. I guess it will be fixed soon!

The time now, reason why I'm posting this, I walked back to my fort where I can now no longer hear the footsteps

Yeah, it's basically the same issue. Apparently too many sound instances get created, this is clogging up the memory and slows down the game, but also causes sounds to stop suddenly or being missing completely...

ALso, posters phase through walls that you can see them clearly phasing through my Canadian Tower & mini museum/Touristy center. You know about that one though, yet still noting it here......

Compared to the sound problems, the poster issue is a really small bug :D A hotfix will be available in the next days solving this issue^^

• Thanks for looking into getting it fixed. I'll check it out whenever you managed to upload it and whenever I can fiddle with it. I hope Blue shall also have a smoother experience as well.

Now, if only WIndows 10 can stop being idiotic I could play without uninterrupted play that ever since they updated Windows 10 the last few weeks my computer keeps randomly restarting. There was one yesterday where I was trying to reach a new guy on the server when my computer just randomly rebooted to update that I found it highly annoying and rude. No warning..... They made windows's shutdown feature behave like snooze mode that I find it annoying..... It's out of your reach to fix it, yet shall take the Rising World fix happily.

Can't wait to experiment with making ship piers & docking areas similar to Ylands.

• Now, if only WIndows 10 can stop being idiotic I could play without uninterrupted play that ever since they updated Windows 10 the last few weeks my computer keeps randomly restarting. There was one yesterday where I was trying to reach a new guy on the server when my computer just randomly rebooted to update that I found it highly annoying and rude. No warning..... They made windows's shutdown feature behave like snooze mode that I find it annoying..... It's out of your reach to fix it, yet shall take the Rising World fix happily.

I could set time ranges where the PC is NOT automatically restarted by Win10. This will not keep Win10 away from downloading new stuff, but at least I have some influence on the restarting behaviour.

Win10's upload behaviour often drives me crazy. Meanwhile, whenever starting my PC in the morning, my first action is actively checking for Win10 updates. Thus I hope to prevent the automated download, too.

For me, this works. :) Mostly.

Of course, I wish I could do the same settings which were possible in Win8. On the other hand, I am not willing to pay even more money for a version where I have the possibility to change those settings, too.

• You can stop Windows 10 from automatically updating by setting your wireless connection to "metered" if you have a Ethernet connection like me you can still do this but you need to modify the registry (here's a good guide - https://www.windowscentral.com…ection-metered-windows-10) it's totally safe tried and tested registry hack. :saint:

Metered connections will not automatically download updates :thumbup:

P.S. Do still update your OS though! Updates are normally security related and are essential for your online-well-being!

• New errors are appearing that I'll move them from the other thread back to here.......

-------------

1) Halfblock 107's patterns don't line up. (View below attachment).

2) Wooden Torchholders are behaving funny with one reverting back to the original. Happened Twice (view attachment below in last row of inventory).

3) Garden Torch says it can't be picked up; When you tap 'F' once more you can pick it up.

4) Christmas trees need recipe changes to fit small, medium, and large variations.

5) When you stand on PNB related materials it jumps you up causing it to spazz out. Try standing on beams to then be jumped up to see other elements deform. The more you do it the more likely it'll deform. Try making a log roof, or something.

• 1) Halfblock 107's patterns don't line up. (View below attachment).

Thanks for the screenshots, I will check out what's going on there ;)

2) Wooden Torchholders are behaving funny with one reverting back to the original. Happened Twice (view attachment below in last row of inventory).

The wooden torchholders are indeed behaving strange after the update... I will have a look at this issue.

3) Garden Torch says it can't be picked up; When you tap 'F' once more you can pick it up.

Strange... I'll put that on my list ;)

4) Christmas trees need recipe changes to fit small, medium, and large variations.

Well, when talking about recipes, there is no distinction when it comes to object variations unfortunately... that's something that will be changed in the medium run, right now there are only few objects which really need different recipes for different variations. Nevertheless, it's on my list, unfortunately I have no ETA for that yet :/

5) When you stand on PNB related materials it jumps you up causing it to spazz out

Hmm... the pnb plugin is causing trouble after the latest update, but I don't think these issues are really related to that. Can you reproduce the problem?

• For 1, 2, & 3.... thank you :D

I guess I can live with #4 then for that 'medium run' then.

Hmm... the pnb plugin is causing trouble after the latest update, but I don't think these issues are really related to that. Can you reproduce the problem?

Well, it's when you stand on them to get pushed up to then mass-spam them into place that it starts going all wonky. You see planks deforming, logs rotating in fixed positions, and it just desyncs so quickly on servers that it's quite noticable. You may want to try replicating building a cabin wall + roofing yet make it about 64 logs wide, or something. Something around a block's worth to then try and cover the 'roofing' until you see planks spazzing out.

I'm sure I can replicate this, yet I'd rather not. It'll happen either way. :D

----------

When I spawn into a server I tend to 'float' up into the air before dropping back down. Seems like we're a bit high before we join the server.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!