Changelog 2014-08-26: Ladders, new build tools, new objects

• Hi folks!

Here is a new update, bringing a lot of stuff!

First of all, this update contains a new feature: Ladders. Currently there are two wooden and one metal ladder available, also a few variations for the wooden ladders. Every ladder is available in two different sizes, short (2 blocks height) and long (4 blocks height). When you want to place a ladder in the world, and there is already an existing ladder, you can directly connect the new part to the already existing ladder. This brings us to the next feature: Modular building. This feature allows you to connect objects seamless with each other, but it's currently only available for ladders and kitchenets (since it does not make sense for other objects).

Apart from that, there are more new building features: For example, you're now able to place multiple blocks in a row at once. This massively speeds up the process of building.
    Another feature is the ability to freeze objects while placing, for example to look at them from the other side. When unfreezing them again, the offset from your previous position to your new position is saved. Keep in mind that this feature is still WIP.

Last but not least, you get a bounch of new objects with this update, for example sanitary facillities (toilet, lavatory etc.), new shelfes and new doors. And as usual, this update also contains smaller changes (e.g. we replaced the old object dummy icons by real thumbnails) and bugfixes.

Have fun! :)

• [New] New feature: Ladders (available in different sizes and materials)
    • [New] New objects: Two shelfes, toilet, lavatory, radiator, lattice door, wooden door
    • [New] Modular building (i.e. automatic snapping) for some objects (currently for ladders and kitchenets)
    • [New] New variations for couch and armchair
    • [New] Ability to place multiple blocks in a row at once
    • [New] Ability to "freeze" objects while placing and setting an offset for the selector
    • [Change] Replaced dummy object icons by real thumbnails
    • [Bugfix] Fixed wrong volume of ambientsounds
    • [Bugfix] Fixed a problem causing that objects cannot be placed on top of a cylinder
    • [Bugfix] Fixed a problem that messed up your item count in rare cases
  • Note: A small bugfix has just been released! :!: There was a problem when placing objects, resulting in a slightly wrong rotation.

Changelog 2014-08-27 small bugfix:

• [Bugfix] Fixed wrong rotation of objects when placing
    • [Bugfix] Fixed missing door direction preview when placing
    • [Change] Now also able to climb ladders up and down when pressing jump/crouch key
    • [Change] Removed walksounds when climbing ladders until we have suitable sounds for that
    • [Change] Slightly changed the size of the toiletpaper object (it was a little bit to small before)
  • Ist euch ein Bug bekannt, bei dem nach einer Weile(Neustarts???) die Fackeln inklusiv Halterungen frei in der Luft hängen, obwohl sie vorher an der Höhlenwand platziert wurden?

Noch was ist mir grad aufgefallen. Obwohl ich 44 Stones im Inventar habe, kann ich keine Art von Steinen(z.B. Cobblestones) mehr herstellen. Es wird 2x Stone (0) angezeigt obwohl die Steine dafür im Inventar sind.

• Das mit den Stones stimmt! =O Das wird schleunigst behoben, morgen (also effektiv heute) Abend werden wir einen neuen Bugfix veröffentlichen, danke für den Hinweis!

Das Problem mit den Fackeln ist uns bislang leider nicht bekannt... ?( d.h. also ohne, dass du etwas verändert hast, haben sie im Laufe der Zeit ihre Position verändert? Wie "alt" sind die Fackeln denn? Wenn die quasi sehr alt sind, kann es sein, dass kleinere Änderungen an der Weltgenerierung (das war ja seit dem "Licht-Update" schonmal der Fall) dazu führten, dass die Höhlen möglicherweise jetzt einen geringfügig anderen Verlauf haben (während sich die Objektposition nicht anpasst).
    Wenn das irgendwie erst kürzlich passiert ist, dann ist das sehr spooky. Oder kann man den Fehler ggf. sogar reproduzieren?

• Ich denk mal die Fackeln sind so zwei bis drei Wochen an den Stellen. Obs reproduzierbar ist kann ich noch nicht sagen.Ich probier mal etwas rum.

• Der neue Bugfix ist nun verfügbar und behebt das Problem mit den Steinen. Das mit den Fackelhalterungen müssen wir mal im Auge behalten, grundsätzlich könnten alle Objekte von diesem Problem betroffen sein.

----------------------

A new bugfix is available, fixing a problem when crafting blocks: Even when having stone in your inventory, the game claims you don't have any stone.

Changelog 2014-08-28:

• [Bugfix] Fixed the problem that the game claims you don't have any stone when crafting blocks, even though you have some in your inventory
  • Thanks for the bugfix! Just wanted to report it to the bugtracker until the game told me a new update is available :rolleyes:

"I wish I had a dollar for every time I spent a dollar, because then, I'd have all my money back" :P

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!