Changelog 2017-12-30: Fireworks, new items and a Happy New Year!

• Regarding the question of what to add next, I personally want to see horses and other mounts but that appeals to the survivalist in me. The majority of players here are more builders and trains would benefit them more. I certainly can't say no to trains.

Heh... The blue overalls looks kinda like a Fallout vault jumpsuit. ;)

• I'm now testing out the stamina that I feel that horses & trains should be the next step. I already have things planned out that I'd add trains into the mix. I really want to see Red51's "big boat", yet I guess we'll have to wait on that. Horses & trains, then everything else. Stamina is a great touch though.

In short: I vote trains

(I may have misread that I'll say that horses, trains, and boats should be next; From that, trains & horses.)

• I also died laughing shooting off a whole swarm of fireworks that it's awesome. I however feel there needs to be sizing variations and effects to them, similar to how Minecraft does them. The whistling is awesome, even how they shoot off, yet be awesome if they added trail effects, multi-bursts, and etc. As they are now they're a fun toy to play with that I'm going to dedicate a building to making them

Hehe, glad to hear you like it :) There is definitely a lot of room for improvements, and I guess they will become even more interesting when electricity is in the game (allowing you to remote-launch fireworks, adding timers etc) ^^

are the Firweworks Supposed to Despawn? I put some out, RE-logged intot the server and they were all gone.

Yes and no ^^ I admit it would be preferable if items don't despawn when reloading the world, but currently the firework rockets behave like flares and tnt (and despawn if you quit the game). I'm sure this will change in the long run.

• Hehe, glad to hear you like it There is definitely a lot of room for improvements, and I guess they will become even more interesting when electricity is in the game (allowing you to remote-launch fireworks, adding timers etc)

You're reading my mind! I was thinking how Minecraft has those item dispensors that I would have hooked those up to fire fireworks off on timers. Once we get there that shall be sweet.

For the Medieval side of things we should have firework holders to fire them off upwards and tilted 60*, or something. We should be able to place them, set off a fuse to then set them all off. That would be sweet. :D

So, the samurai armour is indeed a dungeon loot. Guess I gotta get looting!

• Regarding the swords, I can only locate the crafting options for # 1, 2, and 4 (wood sword, sword, long sword) I checked the tier 2 as well but could not find them their either.

Edit: nvm. looks like the rest are dungeon loot.
    Edit2: swords seem to have an abnormally long range. They are for combat, not tools. I can damage blocks with a sword that are significantly far away from me. The small mace seems fine however

Spider webs cast shadows on the wall. Very nice touch. :)

@waveshapr You tweaked some dungeon sounds too. Very nice overall but the echo on breaking blocks seems a bit overpowering. Also, I'm hearing a new grinding sound of sorts but it only is audible in certain rooms. I'm beginning to hear voices in dungeons. If that was not intended they maybe I'm going crazy.

• We also can't wait to release the other things which are already in their starting holes, e.g. mounts and other transportation options, like trains and boats.
    Which one of these features do you actually prefer and want to see first?

I vote for horses. Or be able to tame and ride camels :D

• For the Medieval side of things we should have firework holders to fire them off upwards and tilted 60*, or something

This sounds like a great idea :)

Edit2: swords seem to have an abnormally long range. They are for combat, not tools. I can damage blocks with a sword that are significantly far away from me. The small mace seems fine however

It looks like the sword ranges still need some tweaks ^^

first off I think it is great we have an update but, the anvil has no weapon parts in it to make

Yeah, but this will definitely change^^ However, the new swords are supposed to only spawn in dungeons, as @WalterDasTrevas said, it's probably more rewarding if these items cannot just be crafted^^

I'm STILL waiting for Birds, Gnats, mosquitoes, Bats, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, anything thay flies.

Having a flying elephant in the game probably requires us to make more use of the hemp plants (and I'm not talking about turning them into cloths) :whistling: JK, but birds & co are definitely on our todo-list

• good update, love the reduced memeory consumption when there are lots off blocks in the neighorhood (eg very large buildings).

If whe need to chose from the transportation list:
    1. trains
    2. boots
    3. animal transport

happy newyear

• Great update! thank you this is less lagging on the Jingle Bell Jam site :), my choice for transport is mounts first (horse or what you want ;) )
    And HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL !

Admin on  Artisans Realm

Edited once, last by Helie ().

• About transport, I also prefer something medieval BEFORE the train. Wagons (can be an automated wagon, you just point on the map where you want to arrive, nor need animation, the cart could teleport from point A to point B), ox cars, wheelbarrows.
    I think my fetish for medieval culture has become obvious. ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!