Animals and Carry

A big new update is now available, introducing biomes, caves and much more!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.0.3 (2024-02-21)
  • I'm new to the forum, but I've been playing the game for about a month now. I see a lot of potential for this game and so far I'm really liking it. I know it is in Alpha stage and things are still being implemented so I wanted to throw my thoughts it as well. I'm sure some if not all of these have been said before.

Animals
    I would like to see more animals, such as: dogs, cats, lions, wolves, horses, mules, raccoons, squirrels, mice, turtles, snakes, frogs, maybe some insects, lizards, panthers, etc.
    I also agree with a breeding system.
    One thing though that I think would be really nice is animal companions. Maybe even if you tame lets say a wolf they would even fight with you if you are attacked. (Read that monsters were gong to be added!)
    I do like the idea of being able to choose what animals are in the campaign, I think that would be good for the monsters as well. Say you want to go all out fantasy, or perhaps lore, or maybe even just supernatural beings. I would like to be able to hunt down Bigfoot. Just saying. Maybe even adjustable scales for each one. Like say I only want one Bigfoot, but a ton of ghosts, as an example.

Oh and if you do add vampires and werewolves, I want to be one if I get bitten! :P Especially if there are NPCs!

I don't know if it is a glitch or not, but I died once and came back as a ghost (however I didn't spawn as a ghost, someone hid my body and then I was a ghost).

NPCs
    Some villages out there to raid or trade would be fun. Maybe they could be different types such as friendly, aggressive and neutral.

Blocks
    I saw somewhere that the blocks were going to be fixed so that two triangle can be placed together. I'm rooting for this. I'm also hoping that you can build on top of a half block after that fix.

PnB
    Sad that the plugin doesn't work. Just want to say yes please!
    Different shades of glass.
    Different cuts of windows.
    Circular and oval wood.

Carry
    Backpacks! Craftable carry would be very nice.

Snow Biome
    It's kind of a boring biome. I think if even the cold affected you that would make it even better.

Player
    Temperature affects; clothes and shelter can help if too cold... or too hot. Maybe getting sick like if you are in the rain or cold too long, and definitely more status affects. I think stamina was a good idea, however recovery is too quick. Maybe logging and mining could also take down your stamina, and effects you less if you are using better tools.
    Sleep is something that has to be done instead of just used to pass days.

Less or More
    Adjustable resources, I know you can do that with ores, but with animals and vegetation would be nice too. Currently it doesn't feel like it's too hard to survive with a ton of animals and plants.

Weather
    Tornadoes, Hurricanes, Tsunamis, Earthquakes, Dangerous thunder storms, I don't know if there is lightning, cause I haven't seen it yet. Volcanic eruptions, don't know if that happens either. I heard there was lava, haven't seen that either. Whirlpools, dust storms, you get the ideal. Although they should be able to be turned off and on.

Water
    Rivers and waterfalls.
    Life and fishing!!!

Transportation
    I know cars and trains are being added and I believe horses, but I would also like to see boats.

Structures
    Other structures to explore besides cabins and dungeons, maybe like old ruined villages, temples, or castles.

Campfire
    Has to be fed fuel to stay going like the furnace, or really anything that has a flame.

Caves
    OK caves are the one thing I don't like that much. Most of the ones I run into are a deep black pits of death. Some I can get into without a problem, but I have to say at least 90% of the time I have to do a lot of work to get in them. I wish they were more linear, but with some depth, instead of mostly depth.

I know that was a lot and I am new to the game, so some of these may be hiding in there and I just haven't gotten there yet, but those are my suggestions for now. Sorry it was so long.

Happy New Year!

• I have a server and No one even cares that i don't have PNB installed, its not like its the end of the world.

and NPcs are/were coming next, but people want Mounts, so that is next. Id rather have npcs next so I can finish the projects on my server. but I'll take anything.

BTW: The Long awaited player Models are the base of NPCs,

nd there are "temples." Pyramids in the desert, and underwater dungeons, too

• I have a server and No one even cares that i don't have PNB installed, its not like its the end of the world.

It's not the end of the world, nothing is that, short of the end of the world. However, I myself am really huge on architecture, it is one of my main hobbies. I like the build system, it's unique and creative, but there still are hindrances with the lack of textures and other shapes for the wood and glass, (without spending some major time trying to make other shapes). I am not a fan of the block system, probably why I never really got into Minecraft. So, as this is the place for suggestions, I wanted to give my opinions.

In my opinion a variety of texture options for an already interesting way to construct buildings would be very appreciated. Either way, Red51 had already fixed the plugin, which is extremely awesome for a developer to do, the point is now moot.

I don't play on a server, I like to create, so I spend a lot of time doing that. I guess everyone has their own desires.

I didn't know about the pyramids in the desert, which is exciting, I will go explore those... as soon as I find the desert. Unfortunately, regarding the underwater dungeons, I can't explore them. I don't have a desktop, and I only have a Intel HD5500 on my laptop so when I go underwater it is by no means clear, more like a dark blue. Maybe one day...

That's cool that NPC's are in the plans. Can't wait to see what is done with them. Hopefully they'll come soon for you.

Thanks for letting me know!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!