Importing our own assets into the game

• Hey, I have been having a great time creating assets in Blender. It would be great if it was possible to import these assets into Rising world. It would add a whole new dimension to this game.

• ty migdyn, Have you done this yet? if so, can you give more detailed explanation? I can export the object/texture from blender, but where do i then put those files in RW to have them in the game?

• It's possible. Just extract /data/assets/models.jar AND /data/assets/textures.jar

by extracting and repacking these two files you can not really add new models and textures to the game, instead you can replace the existing ones with your new ones. So if you replace the sheep model and texture with a car model you will have small cars moving around in the place of sheep, there is no way to keep all the existing models and add new ones this way.

You can use the java API to create a plugin to safely add new custom models (one such plugin exists and is called UserObjectLoader, haven't tried it yet myself). red51, i.e. the developer has recently added support for blender models to be added to the game through the API. Unfortunately these models will be static unless you create pathing functions for the models to move around. This is also possible through the plugin API.

Here is a link to the API and a list of the functions you will most likely need: https://javadoc.rising-world.net/
    WorldElement to use the setPosition() etc. methods
    World3DModel extends the above class and enables you to add the game model, texture etc.

• Static object is what i was thinking of adding to the game. I had not really even considered having them move around. I was going to join Artisan's Realm and create a museum where i could put my creations on display so that others can come by and if they wanted to use them in there builds they could see what was available.

Making the objects is not a problem for me, but dont think i have the authority or knowledge to import them into the Artisans Realm server.

Second problem is that I was feeling pressured into choosing a piece of land and immediately start building in the game instead of taking my time to choose a piece of land i would be happy with.

• Well in AR specifically we have a ranking system, you cannot get ranked up w/o picking a spot to claim, this is how the server is set up and we cannot start making exceptions to the rules because then everyone will want to become an exception.

Yes you don't have the authority to place custom 3D models on AR because we don't have the ObjectLoader plugin installed, that is mainly because it saves the objects in the world database and we don't want t rink it getting corrupted.

If you really want to display custom 3d models then you should probably use SP for that museum and post screenshots thereof. I don't think there is a server out there that allows them.

• ty for your help Minotorious,

I wanted to pick a claim, that was not the issue. It was that you are pressured to do it immediately instead of taking your time and finding a place you will be happy with. I was told that once you choose a claim you can not change it so picking the right spot is all that more important.

In my opinion, if you want to force someone to choose a claim immediately, then you should give them at least one chance to move the claim in the future once they get used to the game and figure out exactly what they want to build and then can choose a claim that would suit that build. I was told that this is not allowed on the AR server.

• well depends how much time you take to choose the claim. If you gather 5-6 hours of playtime w/o picking a place then well that is not acceptable since the first rank is at 8 hours of playtime, but taking 1-2 hours to pick a claim is ok.

That is why we have the portals to take you out to areas far away where you can easily find open unclaimed land.

• lol, it would take me around a 1-2 weeks to find a place i like by foot. Much less time if i could fly, but still would be at least a couple days of hard looking.

perfection cant be rushed :)

• to find the perfekt place is really hard.
    So how about to find a start place for beginming.
    And then when you find your perfekt place where you really wanna live
    to ask an admin to move your Region

But rhats not the Topic here i think ;)

• wow ok has never taken me this long to find a place even on SP :/ max 1-2 hours even w/o fly mode on my survival worlds.

well what you can do is ask for a smaller area and then once you build it get either an extension or a second area on a different location.

No moving claims is not something we do on AR. First you build the area you claimed and then you get extensions or new claims.

• Just what I was looking for as some of the crafting stations look a little too impossible for a stone tomahawk. I'll see if I can't find some time to make some more rustic models and see if there's any interest. Thanks.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!