[Plugin]ObjectProtection

• ObjectProtection

This plugin protects any Object that can be removed, after this plugin is installed, you can also lock or unlock Objects you own, this means you can lock users out of a Object to stop them using them like locking doors or chests

This plugin replaces
    DoorProtection
    ChestProtection

Note: because ATM you cannot remove Furnaces this plugin wont protect them, so you will need to install the FurnaceProtection plugin

commands are all the same as before but now /op

/op = Object Help

Object Help
    When placing a new Object they are locked by default
    To unlock your Object click on it then type /op unlock
    To lock your Object click on and then type /op lock
    to add users to your Object click on it then type /op add username Example /op add yahgiggle
    to remove users from your object click on it then type /op remove username Example /op remove yahgiggle
    To unprotect your Object click on it then type /op unprotect the object will now be removed from your protection list

To see a list of all objects type /op list Note: the list can get very big

As always admins can remove any Object and should have full rights

As i have no one to help me test my code there could be some bugs, please report anything found and ill do my best to fix them ASAP

Files

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png

Edited 17 times, last by yahgiggle ().

• I am using chest protection door protection and furnace protection. How does this affect those objects? does it put another lock on them? and I take it that it covers all crafting stations too?

this plugin covers every object that can be picked back up, it does not work with objects that cannot be picked back up,
    this means it can replace
    chestprotection
    doorprotection

it will also protect all crafting stations and you can stop users using them or steeling them it will protect everything and give you an option to lock or unlock the object,

but note: you should run this script or the others, not both, the only other script you need to run is the FurnaceProtection plugin because you cannot pick up Furnaces

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Could we get an option to turn off and on chat notification for the plugin for each individual player? Meaning each player can turn the notifications off and on for themselves. Also it would be nice to see the owner's name in the chat notification it's self, for object protection.

• Could we get an option to turn off and on chat notification for the plugin for each individual player? Meaning each player can turn the notifications off and on for themselves.

the plan is to remove all info out of the chat, once that's done the player will have the option to turn on and off the onscreen info

the info will be somewhere else and show the last 5 things done

placed object id26533
    sorry you cannot do that!!! you need to own that object
    removed object id85787459
    unlocked object id8745648
    added user yahgiggle to object id7364638

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • also needs the owner to show in the notification when chests open and doors open

It has been suggested that if the default setting for the setting of an object should be unprotected because of it covering so many objects and the need to move things around to get things right. After you set the object then it should be protected by the owner. it is a real bother unprotecting ladder's to move them. same for statues and all other furniture. It needs to be protected after setting not while it is being set.

Objects can not be unprotected. Keeps saying I don't own the crate and ladder I tested. and I had just placed the chest.

• when you enter the id look out for - sometimes the id looks like -1131313 or 5845-456 so you need to also add the - if you don't it will say you don't own that object because its looking inside the database for a object that is not there oO for moving items maybe it will be better that if you own it you don't have to un protect it after all oO

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • I was being very careful with the id number and they are unruly long with 3 or 4 dashes in them and it didn't work. others tried too. On more then 1 thing. and the if you own it you can move it thing would be a good idea for object protection.

• I was being very careful with the id number and they are unruly long with 3 or 4 dashes in them and it didn't work. others tried too. On more then 1 thing. and the if you own it you can move it thing would be a good idea for object protection.

can you update now with the new updated plugin, and ill come to your server and test it ?

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Hi Yah.

I'm an Admin with Sharkbitefischer on Rosalia.

Found a prob with the script when removing the stock ladders.

-------

In Creative Mode as Admin......

Pressed F and held to remove ladder.

Chat window confirmed ladder - (ID number) removed

Ladder NOT removed.

Pressed F and held to remove ladder.

Chat window confirmed ladder - (ID number) removed

Ladder removed.

--------

In other words you have to got through the process twice, for the routine to work correctly and remove the ladder.

UPDATE: Its also affecting destroying the ladder with a pick axe. So the problem is global to all activities performed on the object.

Thanks Yah. :DD

• when setting chests in the wild, it is found that you need to unlock the chests before you unprotect it to be able for normal players to remove objects from the chest and pick the chest up. If you just try to unprotect the chest with goods in them the announcement in the chat is made but the chest is not unprotected or unlocked. you must unlock the chest first before unprotecting it if you put things in the chest.

• Thats very strange oO i tested the ladders a number of times and could not get this to happen oO
    are you inside protected zones when this happens or outside protected zones ?

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • when setting chests in the wild, it is found that you need to unlock the chests before you unprotect it to be able for normal players to remove objects from the chest and pick the chest up. If you just try to unprotect the chest with goods in them the announcement in the chat is made but the chest is not unprotected or unlocked. you must unlock the chest first before unprotecting it if you put things in the chest.

mmm ill see if i can come up with something to solve this, it does seem a pain,

BTW i have been working on a new protection plugin it auto clams areas when placing objects and will protect everything in your area
    this means admins wont even need to make any protected areas oO of cause an admin will be able to remove all zones from a user, maybe if you guys have any ideas on how you think this should work please do let me know.

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • my problem ,as an owner, is letting the regular player set there own claim. There is no control over where or how many claims could be made. This can lead to 1 person making endless claims. The setting of claims, at least the original claim, should be left in the hands of the admin staff IMHO. It is fine to let the regular player make sub claims inside there main claim but it is dangerous to allow them to jusy make a claim where and when ever they want. With a small , trusted group, auto claiming is fine. friends will control themselves but to just let anybody do it is asking for trouble.

• my problem ,as an owner, is letting the regular player set there own claim. There is no control over where or how many claims could be made. This can lead to 1 person making endless claims. The setting of claims, at least the original claim, should be left in the hands of the admin staff IMHO. It is fine to let the regular player make sub claims inside there main claim but it is dangerous to allow them to jusy make a claim where and when ever they want. With a small , trusted group, auto claiming is fine. friends will control themselves but to just let anybody do it is asking for trouble.

this system does not work like that oO the game is made up of chunks my idea is when a user starts to build inside a chunk he becomes the owner of that chunk as long as no one else has built there first once he owns it everything in side it is protected, i could limit the number of chunks a owner can clam too or if needed make it that a chunk can only be claimed with one type of item, then set a admin only adjustable limit on that item, maybe a type of block like the golden block lol or something like this anyway

My Own Website

31245-logo-png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!