[Plugin]ObjectProtection

• I am still skeptical about it. I am not saying to not try, I just think there will be unseen problems. I still don't like turning loose of the claim setting process. This is where I see the biggest problem is going to be. Although most people are honest, in these security things you must assume that all are dishonest to assure proper protection. and I still think putting the claim process in the hands of the desires of the common player especially if you set it as an auto process and all they have to do is build is a mistake. There is no control.

this system does not work like that oO the game is made up of chunks my idea is when a user starts to build inside a chunk he becomes the owner of that chunk as long as no one else has built there first once he owns it everything in side it is protected, i could limit the number of chunks a owner can clam too or if needed make it that a chunk can only be claimed with one type of item, then set a admin only adjustable limit on that item, maybe a type of block like the golden block lol or something like this anyway

• I am still skeptical about it. I am not saying to not try, I just think there will be unseen problems. I still don't like turning loose of the claim setting process. This is where I see the biggest problem is going to be. Although most people are honest, in these security things you must assume that all are dishonest to assure proper protection. and I still think putting the claim process in the hands of the desires of the common player especially if you set it as an auto process and all they have to do is build is a mistake. There is no control.

i totally understand your thinking and you raise some good points, this is why i have made more than one type of protection plugin, this plugin may fail and become a total mess, but that does not mean i shouldn't code it, sometimes we need to do something and try it before we decide what works best, some users may decide its not for them and others will like the idea, in the end users will decide what they like more and migrate to that server, its just another option. ;)

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Understood and agreed.

i totally understand your thinking and you raise some good points, this is why i have made more than one type of protection plugin, this plugin may fail and become a total mess, but that does not mean i shouldn't code it, sometimes we need to do something and try it before we decide what works best, some users may decide its not for them and others will like the idea, in the end users will decide what they like more and migrate to that server, its just another option. ;)

• Bump

Have updated this plugin

/op = Object Help
    Object Help
    When placing a new Object they are locked by default
    To unlock your Object click on it then type /op unlock
    To lock your Object click on and then type /op lock
    to add users to your Object click on it then type /op add username Example /op add yahgiggle
    to remove users from your object click on it then type /op remove username Example /op remove yahgiggle
    To unprotect your Object click on it then type /op unprotect the object will now be removed from your protection list
    To see a list of all objects type /op list Note: the list can get very big

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Bump

Have updated the plugin

now the plugin gets the object id when placing the object so this means you don't need to f key the item before you add players

also if no object has been selected and it spits out a null you should no longer get any error now your get a message letting you know to f key on a object first.

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • not Shure if this is good. The chest id number remains set even after placing a beem. you can still set it's permissions without having to click on the chest another time. switching chests and setting permissions work good. and the message if you haven't clicked on anything works good when you relog after setting the chest.

All in all, I think this works good now let's see what my people do to it lol.

• not Shure if this is good. The chest id number remains set even after placing a beem. you can still set it's permissions without having to click on the chest another time. switching chests and setting permissions work good. and the message if you haven't clicked on anything works good when you relog after setting the chest.

All in all, I think this works good now let's see what my people do to it lol.

Are beams removable now ? if so then something is wrong if not then its working as expected

maybe i could add a time limit for how long the id stays in the players memory then after a set time you need to re open the door or chest or what ever oO

Also when clicking on the object i think having a box pop up some place on screen showing whos added to that object and who owns it would help users

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • No I meant I placed a beam to try to clear the id number but the id of the chest stuck . PNB is not removable it was just a test.

I like the time limit on the chest id needing to be reactivated.

Info box would be nice but we need to be able to turn it off too. also it should appear for authorized users and admins only.

also /op list doesn't seem to work. it just shows you "yahgiggle" as owner of like 2 objects and never changes.

Are beams removable now ? if so then something is wrong if not then its working as expected
    maybe i could add a time limit for how long the id stays in the players memory then after a set time you need to re open the door or chest or what ever oO

Also when clicking on the object i think having a box pop up some place on screen showing whos added to that object and who owns it would help users

• Here is an updated plugin for the next API change

This plugin wont work till the Steam ID API update is installed

Please note new change's made to the upcoming API change's the way a plugin knows who is who on the server
    this means the old database will no longer work with this update and the old plugin wont be compatible with the
    new API coming,

This means all protected objects need to be picked up and replaced after this has been installed on your server also you need to delete the old database

but please wait for the next update,

for some users you are welcome to install the plugin on a test server in the next coming days, Red51 will be letting us know when a pre release is ready for testing

Sorry for the inconvenience but these changes are for the better for RisingWorld and all its players in the long term.

Files

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • ok 1 of my resident players is reporting object removed spamming when she is not doing anything.

that is indeed a strange one, the id has no id so no object was removed oO what are they doing at the time this happens ?

My Own Website

31245-logo-png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!