[Plugin]ObjectProtection

• oh i know what that is, the object id is now removed after 2min from your players memory this means you have to re open the chest or what ever to add a friend or unlock or lock, i guess once the id has been set back to null then it should stop deleting it oO ill adjust that so it only happens once

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Bump

updated the plugin

fixed, The object id is now removed displaying every 2min

now the object id is only removed 5sec after a command runs

so /op unlock 5sec later a message will say its been deselected, if a command is then retyped before another object is selected a error message will display letting the user know to f click on the object first

Also added a database version, this lets me now update the database with out making everyone re protect the objects oO on any other updates

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Bump now added

/op listallopjects = lists all objects
    /op listmyobjects = list only your own objects
    /op listplayerobjects <username> = lists all objects from the given username

As always its untested lol so let me know how it goes ;-)

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • bump

fixed error with AreaID

Well AreaID is not used so does not need to be in the code so it was removed lol

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • This keeps giving me an error. I am in a protected area in my server. It will not lock objects just gives me list of red errors.

I guess I will wait till you get it with less bugs.. I like the idea

• chests are protected when you set them down. All you have to do is unprotect them or add the players you want or just leave them locked so only you or an admin can access them. You can also unprotect them so other people may pick them up if you wish. You also need to allow access on your claim for other's to be able to access the chests. The red error is something that needs to be looked at though unless you haven't the latest version that we just debugged a few moments ago.

This keeps giving me an error. I am in a protected area in my server. It will not lock objects just gives me list of red errors.

• This keeps giving me an error. I am in a protected area in my server. It will not lock objects just gives me list of red errors.

As @sharkbitefischer said the chest is locked by default, the only players who can open the chest is the owner of the chest or a admin
    you do not need to lock a locked chest oO if you get any errors please do post them here, it realy does help me debug the code.

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • I am really new to the game but I have a server subscription I am working with on this. What is says is I do not own the box. I created a new box just to see if it was only newly created boxes. I am admin too. Every door I open it give me some notice that it is unbound. Now all this is in a protected zone with the LUA routine put out by the devs. Not sure if that is interfering.

• ok did you add the object protection after you set the objects in question. If so you need to pick them up and set them back down and they will be locked. same for doors and crafting tables. They will show as unprotected until you reset them. It is how the data base is built and the previous objects are unprotected until you do this. As far as the lua areaprotection it is also covering your stuff but the chests have a vulnerability that can be exploited to steel the contence so the object protection closes that problem. you are double protected and need to follow both plugin's instructions. I myself run both plugins on my rented server and have no ill affect. you may need someone to come on your server and show you the in's and outs.

• I am really new to the game but I have a server subscription I am working with on this. What is says is I do not own the box. I created a new box just to see if it was only newly created boxes. I am admin too. Every door I open it give me some notice that it is unbound. Now all this is in a protected zone with the LUA routine put out by the devs. Not sure if that is interfering.

unbound or unprotected ?

anyway this plugin only protects new objects that are placed in the world after the plugin has been installed all other objects will give the message unprotected but if that object is inside a protected zone then that object is in fact protected by another plugin - realy the message is only important if the object was placed outside of protected areas, but as @sharkbitefischer said just pick up the object and replace it back down, you pick up objects by pointing at the object and holding f key down till a green working bar is finished.

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Hello. I can't seem to get /op to work. It shows the status (locked, unlocked) etc, but lower level players are still able to access (they see proper status of object, but are still able to place in chests or take from them. Same behavior with doors. Any ideas what may be going on? This is not in areas that are protected btw using your AP script.

"The past is history, the future a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why we call it the Present."

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!