[Plugin]WorldProtection (Auto area protection script)

• ATTENTION PVP ZONES NOW NEED TESTING

i have done some updates and added PVP zoning to this plugin and im after some testers to test it for me

ATM an Admin can use the paniel to make protected zones, thease zones will be for both player protected zones and decated PVP zones

Once you make a zone you can use the tool in p key paniel to turn it into a PVP zone

For this to work your server Must have PVP on, but this script turns everything peaceful unless you go inside a pvp zone

when you move inside a PVP be warned ATM you are striped off all items and given one sward, in updates i will add an option for

the Admins to be able to pick the items you have on you when in PVP zones also later when returning from a PVP zone your items will be given back

The Auto protection still works much the same but ATM adding friends no longer works, as i very much recoded the whole script

World Protection is a plugin that Auto claims the Chunk the user has built on, after the user starts building in a chunk everything in the chunk becomes protected for that user.

As always Admins have full rights and can still build or remove things inside any protected chunk

This script is going to be a on going project and is not finished, i have only uploaded it so that users can test it out and give me feedback

Commands so far are

/wpp help = To display the help screen or push the key p on your keyboard

/wpp delete areaid = removes one area from your area list, area owner and admin command only
    /wpp delete all username = removes all areas from your area list, area owner and admin command only
    /wpp set limit 100 = sets the area limit too 100 default = 1000 Admin only command

/wpp add username AreadID or /wp add username friend if id is used it will only add a user to one AreaID if friend is used they will be able to build on all your areas.

/wpp remove FrendName from OwnerName = removes a friend from your area list

/wpp showareas to see your own areas
    /wpp hideareas to hide your areas
    /wpp showallareas shows all the areas
    /wpp listallareas lists all the areas so you can get there IDs
    /wpp tp ID teleport's you to the center of that area Note:fly mode needs to be on
    /wpp areatp ID teleport's you to the ground level of an area, the true area maybe under or above ground

Keys: R = remove area, C = claim area, M = map, P = open or close help

Admin Command
    /wpp friends Ownername Friendname friend - adds friends to players for players

Admin Panel Buttons
    Limit up, Limit Down = Adjusts the area claim limit for all players
    Bonus up, Bonus Down = Adjusts the Bonus area given to each user for each hour they are on your server

Example 1 if you want to remove all your areas type in chat /wp delete all yahgiggle replace yahgiggle with your own username
    Example 2 if you want to remove just one area type in chat /wp delete 5674-75 replace 5674-75 with your own area id or stand in the area you want to remove and push the key p to open the help panel, then click remove area

Area ids are shown when moving into a area

if you are not a admin or do not own the protected area you are trying to un protect the plugin wont let you.

Please click like if you like this plugin, also report any bugs you find :-D

Files

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png

Edited 46 times, last by yahgiggle ().

• Nothing is coming, when I type /wp in the chat.

ATM i have not added any commands but they are coming

Asked and answered :P there are no commands :P

• So I put it on my test server (149.202.84.155:4335) was not told to but put it into a folder.
    Played with it the first error message was after 3 restarts.
    Second error message; I was able to use it for a couple blocks but when I walked outside of the "protected" area and put in a plank I got the server restarted.

I am running a teleport script and tmn home script.
    I am also running animal breed master, portals, Server tools, and world protection.
    Please advise

Files

DEATH AND DESTRUCTION PVP
    192.154.229.151:4255

• you have not updated your server files to the new one, there was a bug fix just the other day

Please update the server and retry ;-D

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • @icon58 i went onto your server and it looks like the script is running but i see nothing is logging into the databases, if your running on Linux you may need to change the write permissions for the folder and its files

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • What happens when a player starts building with a few blocks then moves 30 blocks and does the same then moves 30 blocks and repeats and continues for 20 or 30 or more times? Then they move 50 blocks away and starts the same thing. never really building anything. Just blocking off land from being able to be built on, and then think of 10 people doing the same. What is going to happen?

• What happens when a player starts building with a few blocks then moves 30 blocks and does the same then moves 30 blocks and repeats and continues for 20 or 30 or more times? Then they move 50 blocks away and starts the same thing. never really building anything. Just blocking off land from being able to be built on, and then think of 10 people doing the same. What is going to happen?

i will be adding a command for admins to remove those areas then its upto the admin to let the area owner know that what they did is not on, if that user keeps doing it then i guess a admin could ban the user. also you could put a notice at the start about rules on area claiming.

i will also add a command so a admin can remove all claimed areas from one user all at the same time

Not saying users will never do such things there is always some, but most users will just keep to there own area and not cause such problems.
    in most cases people are good, but yeah its a shame we always get the odd bad apple oO

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Not bad ideas, and with the correct group of people it might work. I agree that most people will use some reason and behave but as you said there is always 1 in the batch. I am just attempting to troubleshoot before things happen. Sorry to be a dark cloud :)

i will be adding a command for admins to remove those areas then its upto the admin to let the area owner know that what they did is not on, if that user keeps doing it then i guess a admin could ban the user. also you could put a notice at the start about rules on area claiming.
    i will also add a command so a admin can remove all claimed areas from one user all at the same time

Not saying users will never do such things there is always some, but most users will just keep to there own area and not cause such problems.
    in most cases people are good, but yeah its a shame we always get the odd bad apple oO

• Bump updated plugin

New Commands

/wp delete areaid = removes one area from your area list, area owner and admin command only
    /wp delete all username = removes all areas from a your area list, area owner and admin command only

Example 1 if you want to remove all your areas type in chat /wp delete all yahgiggle replace yahgiggle with your own username
    Example 2 if you want to remove just one area type in chat /wp delete 5674-75 replace 5674-75 with your own area id

Area ids are shown when moving into a area

if you are not a admin or do not own the protected area you are trying to un protect the plugin wont let you.

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Hi, so just wondering if it is possible to have this script impose a set limit to the amount of chunks it can claim.

For example set limit is 5 so after 5 chunks the player can still build ect but the chunk won't be claimed.

Thanks.

Devyn

• yes i am going to add that option soon

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Bump now added a limit and also a Admin limit command

/wp set limit 100 change 100 to what ever you like, the default limit is 1000 chunks

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Bump

Plugin updated

Removed All output text info from chat and added it to the bottom of the screen, this frees up the chat and also makes it more simple to see the areas and info

My Own Website

31245-logo-png

Edited once, last by yahgiggle ().

• Looking to use this plugin but I have a quick question. Will this cover everything in the area once a new object is placed? Or will the objects already in place have to be picked up and placed again? Thanx.

Downloading using the above I'm getting old version of this plugin, with text still in chat.

• Looking to use this plugin but I have a quick question. Will this cover everything in the area once a new object is placed? Or will the objects already in place have to be picked up and placed again? Thanx.

Everything inside the area Chunk will become protected

if anything is not Protected let me know oO Cheers

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Now the problem is unzipping the zip is giving me an older version of the jar file. Info is still showing in the chat window instead of bottom of screen.

• Bump

I just noticed i some how re uploaded the wrong file oO

It is now the right updated plugin lol Sorry Guys

My Own Website

31245-logo-png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!