[Plugin]WorldProtection (Auto area protection script)

• At the risk of becoming a pest, the /wp doesn't bring a help menu.

Yes i know oO i have not added that yet but will do soon

Also added another command /wp delete all objects username <------ this removes all objects from the users object database all items/objects inside areas stay protected when this is used but all items/objects placed outside of protected areas will become unprotected, once i finish the code for that part of the plugin lol

BTW found a bug that lets other users remove items in protected areas like doors etc oO its been patched and just uploading it now

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Getting this error. Seems like when another player logs onto the server.

Rising World - 0.9.1.5 - Dedicated Server
    Linux 4.4.26-nitradoV3-MC-1000-nH-dP-d-i Java 1.8.0_101 (amd64) Memory: 5726 MB
    2018/01/13 01:46 PM
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at pluginapi.PluginEventHandler.triggerEvent(SourceFile:201)
    at G.f.a(SourceFile:315)
    at G.f.messageReceived(SourceFile:119)
    at de.jiw.network.kernel.KernelAdapter.dispatch(KernelAdapter.java:188)
    at de.jiw.network.message.RawPacket.run(RawPacket.java:54)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

• Thanks i have seen this error too but its not a big deal ATM it wont cause a problem, i will still fix it BTW lol

your be happy i have started the code to let users use there old area protection 3.0 database with this plugin oO

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Bump

New Commands added for adding and removing friends to your areas.

/wp add username AreadID or /wp add username friend if id is used it will only add a user to one AreaID if friend is used they will be able to build on all your areas.
    /wp friends Ownername Friendname friend = Admin only command for adding users as friends note this adds FrendName to OwnerNames areas Only
    /wp remove FrendName from OwnerName = removes a friend from your area list

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • A Rename area/ Combine areas Function would be Nice, Having to Configure a bunch of areas could take years.

Delete doesn't work either

you don't need to Combine oO when adding a friend they are added to one or all areas depending on what you want

also have just updated the script as it was conflicting with another one that also used /wp oO

i have changed /wp to /wpp for WorldProtection Plugin

/wpp delete areaid = removes one area from your area list, area owner and admin command only
    /wpp delete all username = removes all areas from a your area list, area owner and admin command only
    /wpp set limit 100 = sets the area limit too 100 default = 1000 Admin only command
    /wpp delete all objects username = removes all object data for that user from the database, this will unprotect everything outside protected areas

/wpp add username AreadID or /wp add username friend if id is used it will only add a user to one AreaID if friend is used they will be able to build on all your areas.
    /wpp friends Ownername Friendname friend = Admin only command for adding users as friends note this adds FrendName to OwnerNames areas Only
    /wpp remove FrendName from OwnerName = removes a friend from your area list

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Bump

New commands and help

/wpp help = To display the help screen
    /wpp close = To close the help screen

Sorry i keep updating this plugin, but like i said its a on going project oO

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Another update

This time i fixed the null bug and also updated the display info panel

you also now have the option to turn the panel off or back on

/wpp close panel = closes the panel
    /wpp open panel = opens the panel

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • I have once more updated this plugin

now to open the help menu you just hit the key p

to close the panel you use your mouse and click close

also we no longer use commands to show or hide the bottom display the help menu has clickable options 8o

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Bump

I have updated this plug-in

New button > now you can turn auto area off or on
    New > p key now opens and close's the help panel
    also fixed some null pointer errors and other small bugs

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Cheers Yahgiggle - works a treat.

Is there anyway you can create an equivalent of /showareas /hideareas? Probably not or I'm guessing you'd have implemented it but just throwing it out there :)

I know it displays the name of the owner down the bottom - but I'm in a situation of wanting to protect a bunch of different areas that were built before I installed the plugin and I have to keep backtracking to see if I've missed anything heh.

• I am trying your plugin on single player. It seems to be working.

1-I remember something being said about it being able to read the area protection data base? Do I just move the data base into the world protection folder?

2-Also when you turn off the auto protection then you can set the areas by hand like the old way? also what are the commands to create the area by hand?

3-It would also be nice to have a text file in the zip folder giving instructions and the command list in it.

4-I also need it to read the old data from areaprotection for me to be able to use this on my server, there are just to many claims to have to reset them all.

5-also do we have different groups like in area protection restricting access to different objects or does this just protect land plants and blocks and we use object and furnace protection for the other stuff? and if we don't use the other protections , how do we allow access to just 1 chest or door or crafting table or furnace to others like in object and furnace protection?

6-also when you turn off the auto claiming does it stay off and is it for everybody?

7-also can this be made to work with multiple worlds? It would be nice for private servers that have more then 1 world they switch between to not have the protected areas from the previous world show up.

8-and the plug in is still showing a lot of red errors on startup in the chat window.

9-and I agree with Sneaky_Koala that we need a /showareas and a /hideareas function to be able to see where other claims are even if you are using the auto claim function. Especially on large servers.

10-some of my claims go all the way to hell and reach to the building limit in the sky. How hard is it to set such a claim that is like 180x1200x180 blocks?

11- On a survival server, with economy intended in the near future, where land becomes a commodity and the admins are basically real estate agents, removing credits from the system, manual commands, not automatic are needed.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!