[Plugin]WorldProtection (Auto area protection script)

• Bump

Another Update

Now added more keyboard options and admin command

Hitting the key R now removes the area you are inside
    Hitting the key C now claims the area you are inside

^^ nice and simple to add and remove areas now ^^

Keys: R = remove area, C = claim area, M = map, P = open or close help

New Admin Command
    /wpp friends Ownername Friendname friend - adds friends to players for players

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Bump

Another small update,

now added another way to teleport to a area

/wpp areatp ID this is the ID displayed at the bottom left of your screen when inside the area, good for calling users to your area and they do not need to have fly mode turned on as they will always land on the Surface of RW no good for teleportation to under ground or above ground use /wpp tp ID for that

I Also made some change's to the GUI help Menu

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png

Edited once, last by yahgiggle ().

• Bump

Another update today

This one brings new Bonus area for each user for each hour they spend on your server

The amount of bonus can be changed by the admin in the Main panel bonus +1 and bonus -1

now server owners can set the default area limit down low and users can gain more areas just by been on the server.

or you could set the default limit to 0 new players could not make a protected area for a whole hour then get a bonus area or areas there after

it brings lots of options for server owners 8o

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Another small update

this update does not do anything other than fix a error on loading the plugin

it installs a new database called DataBaseVersion

this handy database lets me update the old database without needing to force players to re add all the areas they have protected

ATM you will see an error the error will be to do with the database but once this is installed and the plugin has been loaded twice the error will no longer show

This database error has nothing to do with the plugin working or not working so its not a big deal but this update solves a problem, and it should still be installed. :rolleyes:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Bump

Ok the plugin has been updated to work with the new API

when the player connects the plugin should convert all areas for them, but only if they have not changed there names

so this means you should be able to keep your old database 8o well that was the plan but maybe its going to explode you will need to let me know what happens lol

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Thanks again for your work Yahgiggle.

I'm trying out your latest version and /wpp listallareas works fine - but for some reason showallareas and both tp <ID> and areatp <ID> don't.

I'm also getting a wall of text at each login (have tried restarting server 3 times now to reinitialise the script but it remains).

... here is the top of the wall of text (no such column). Under the WorldProtection subdirectory I have
    WorldProtection.jar
    database.db
    scriptDatabase.db

• some days ago i said i had to change the database for the up coming API update and that you would need to delete the old databases
    the post about that is here [Plugin]WorldProtection (Auto area protection script)
    [Plugin]WorldProtection (Auto area protection script)

i guess you maybe did not see that post oO it seems your still on the old database and that's why your getting those errors

the new database holds the infomation for tp area areatp and showallareas so its expected not to work if the database was not deleted and a new one made, of cause this becomes a pain for you need to re protect your areas, and this is why my new code supports database upgrades but it does not support the old database i am sorry about that.

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Ok no worries cheers - I did read the note speaking of the recreation of the db, but then your post from 8 hours ago said "so this means you should be able to keep your old database ... " so I thought you'd done some tricky code-fu to allow the old one to remain :) Now it all makes sense though.

• Ok no worries cheers - I did read the note speaking of the recreation of the db, but then your post from 8 hours ago said "so this means you should be able to keep your old database ... " so I thought you'd done some tricky code-fu to allow the old one to remain :) Now it all makes sense though.

Yeah no problem that comment was more about if i ever need to update the database later On :S

This was added before last time when i said you need to replace your database so yeah since then you don't need to replace the database and i did do some tricky code-fu to convert the code to work with the new API and the new databases, so all players since the database upgrade keep there areas lol if that makes any sense to you at all oO

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Yeah no problem that comment was more about if i ever need to update the database later On :S
    This was added before last time when i said you need to replace your database so yeah since then you don't need to replace the database and i did do some tricky code-fu to convert the code to work with the new API and the new databases, so all players since the database upgrade keep there areas lol if that makes any sense to you at all oO

Perfect sense :)

There's only a few builds atm - but I only know where one of them actually is heh (just outta hospital with two broken ankles, a broken wrist and forearm is stuffed too would ya believe it.. so time is something I have in abundance).

• Perfect sense :)

There's only a few builds atm - but I only know where one of them actually is heh (just outta hospital with two broken ankles, a broken wrist and forearm is stuffed too would ya believe it.. so time is something I have in abundance).

Ouch! That sounds painful! Hope you're bones heal soon. =O

• Perfect sense :)

Sorry for your pain oO did you crash your bike or car or something else

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Falling a decent distance climbing an area that probably should have involved the use of ropes :(

Never broken a bone in my life so had to go and do three at once to make up for it.

yeah that is always the way oO poor bugger :-(

My Own Website

31245-logo-png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!