How customizable are the controls?

• Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me (or point me to a video or picture) that shows how much customization there is for setting up controls? I'd like to know before I consider buying the game.

I play First Person games using the arrow keys to move (as do a lot of left handed people), and I want to know if this will affect gameplay. For example, if you're familiar with Fallout 4, I can assign the arrow keys as movement keys, but as soon as I enter "workshop mode", the control scheme switches to the arrow keys cycling through the workshop menu, which results in me being UNABLE to move while in workshop mode. This is incredibly debilitating in Fallout 4, and it is UNCHANGEABLE in the control setup menu, or even through editing .ini files. As for Rising World, I watched someone playing online until it got to a point where he had to rotate an object as he was placing it, and it took a moment for him to figure out he had to hold SHIFT and use the arrow keys to rotate. This simply WOULD NOT work for me and would render the game unplayable, if I can't change that particular aspect specifically. This is just ONE example if a potential problem I could have with the game. It seems the controls for this game are very detailed, and if it is built by and for people who use WASD, it probably won't play well for me. The controls menu in DayZ is PHENOMENAL (almost overwhelming, even), and allows COMPLETE customization. I have NO PROBLEMS AT ALL playing DayZ. If Rising World is even close to that, I'm sold.

What I'm asking can't be answered with a simple "yes you can assign arrow keys for movement". I'm sure I probably can (just like you can in Fallout 4). What I'm asking is if it is a game ruining change to try to use the arrow keys to control movement (like in FO4, and New Vegas, and Sleeping Dogs, and almost Bioshock Infinite)? Will this affect OTHER control aspects of the game, such as object rotation? Are those aspects re-assignable in a controls setup menu?

If someone could post screen-shots of the FULL key assignment menu(s) in the game, that would be awesome. I could probably just answer my own question then.

Thanks,
    Chronic213

• You can basically change nearly every keybinding in the game^^ The most important key bindings can be changed in the settings menu, all other keys (with a few exceptions, e.g. the ESC key) can be changed in the game config file.
    I've attached two screenshots of the current keybindings that can be changed directly in the game. In your case, when using arrow keys to move, it would be necessary to change the object placement settings (see 2nd screenshot).

However, if you run into any hard-coded keys which cause problems, just let us know ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!