Permission for deny access to chests/ taking something from chests

• well it wouldn't make sense to put a general permission to deny access to all chests since the game has no idea whose each chest is, but there is both an areaprotection script that can be used to deny access as well as a ChestProtection plugin

• Preventing people from picking up certain items from chests could actually make sense in some cases - e.g. if an item is forbidden for a certain user group (and to make sure that such a user can't simply grab the item from a chest).
    Or to make sure that forbidden items cannot be taken from dungeon chests ;)

If you want to prevent people to pick up a certain item from chests, your permission file should contain this part (the indenting is important):

Code
    items:
    pickup:
    chest:
    deny:
    - tnt
    - musket

If you want to prevent people from taking anything from a chest, you can use the wildcard symbol * instead of an item name.

But if you want to have something like "personal chests", i.e. other people cannot steal loot from *your* chest, you have to use either the ChestProtection plugin, or the AreaProtection script

• Hey red51,

thank you for your answer.

Preventing people from picking up certain items from chests could actually make sense in some cases - e.g. if an item is forbidden for a certain user group (and to make sure that such a user can't simply grab the item from a chest).
    Or to make sure that forbidden items cannot be taken from dungeon chests ;)

If you want to prevent people to pick up a certain item from chests, your permission file should contain this part (the indenting is important):

Code
    items:
    pickup:
    chest:
    deny:
    - tnt
    - musket

If you want to prevent people from taking anything from a chest, you can use the wildcard symbol * instead of an item name.

Yes, i search a permission to deny take anything from every chest. I have change my default.permissions to:

Then i have change my group with:

setplayergroup Exxter null

logout/login, but i can still take something from chests?

Whats wrong?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!