Aluminum is a mistake!

• Well, this has to be viewed in a very differentiated way ;) Actually aluminium does occur as a native element mineral, although it is very rare (but basically the same applies to iron). However, one typical "aluminium ore" is bauxite (which does not contain native aluminium, but it's still considered as an "aluminium ore"). Of course there are also other types of "aluminium ore" out there, so this term isn't necessarilly wrong. If we decided to stay away from the term "aluminium ore" (and label it "bauxite" instead, for example), we would have to do the same with iron ore, since there is no mineral out there called "iron ore", but instead there are several "iron ores" like "magnetite", "hematite" or "geothite". I guess it would be quite confusing for most people if they find an ore called "geothite" in the game, while it's basically iron ore (and most games simply label it "iron ore")^^

The smelting process, on the other hand, isn't correct of course. But basically it's also not correct for other ores (IRL, it would never work to put a rock into a smelter and get an ingot as a result) ^^ But in favor of playability, I guess it's still better to stick to this simplified process.

• I propose a "course of the horse", although, probably, it's already late. The furnace can be divided into three types (type) according to the principle of temperature:
    - FIRST TYPE (type) stove "STONE OVEN (temperature up to 1100 degrees) would smelt the primary 5 metals, because according to their history there were 7 metals (still mercury and iron)

1. Gold
    2. Silver
    3. Tin
    4. Copper
    5. Lead

- SECOND TYPE (type) of the oven "OVEN WITH SMUMMER FURS" * (temperature up to 1600 degrees) would smelt only iron.

1) The furnace is made of stone, + wood, leather, copper, tin. (Justification: stone for the oven, leather for the furs themselves, wood for the designs of the bellows, tin and copper for the bronze rivets and clamps (I do not know if you will make alloys in the game, if not, rivets made of copper and tin) will spoil primary metals 3) Will not melt tungsten and other refractory metals - refractory metals will be shawls in a second type furnace.

- THE THIRD TYPE (type) of the furnace smelted refractory metals such as tungsten, for the production of which iron was required (cast iron, steel do not know your plans for metallurgy)

Add fines:

FIRST TYPE OF OVEN
    1. Only the primary five metals melt
    2. Does not melt any other metals
    SECOND TYPE OF OVEN
    1. Ignite primary 5 metals
    2. melts iron
    3. Does not melt refractory
    THIRD TYPE OF OVEN
    1. Destroys 1 5 primary metals
    2. Ignite 2 iron
    3. melts refractory metals.

But, here, Aluminum in this scheme does not fit in any way, since it does not apply to the primary metals of mankind))))))))))))))

* On the picture "blacksmith fur". I write in Russian and translate it from Google into an interpreter. The word Fur in Russian has two meanings, and the translator gives out: fur is a fox fur, mink, a bear in the plural, but it is necessary: a fur is a fan-shaped bubble for air in the singular.)))))

• I like to think my world is a post nuclear melt down, and the ores are what got separated out in the searing heat.
    The aluminum is the Pepsi can that was drank and not recycled. Thanks to lazy people we have ores :D:D

DEATH AND DESTRUCTION PVP
    192.154.229.151:4255

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!