Changelog 2018-01-21: Steam P2P Multiplayer and friend list support

• 1) Can't seem to plant flowers

2) Iron torch wall mounts (dungeon type) doesn't seem to be craftable?

3) Medium crate missing label in the crafting list (crafting bench).

The head lamp is something I've been wanting highly, and it allowed me to finish connecting my tunnel to the two spots I wanted. I now have walling off and stone to clear away, something that's 70% completed :D . THis game is shaping up nicely.

• I know that planting saplings is now only possible on farm land, but i would like to be able to replant trees where i cut them down without having to change the land to farm land first. A tree sapling should be able to grow in a forest...
    Just my 2 cents

• 3) Medium crate missing label in the crafting list (crafting bench).

This should be fixed with the latest hotfix ;)

DS no longer works after updating, the previous version works just fine.

It looks like the server still uses old definition files. Please make sure to fully delete the "lib" folder, then extract the new files from the server.jar. If it still does not work, please try to move the server into a new folder.

frosted glass unreformed

This should also be fixed with the latest hotfix^^

but i would like to be able to replant trees where i cut them down without having to change the land to farm land first

Hmm... we already changed that with the small hotfix which was available last night 8| Nevertheless, we released another update, but it will still take a few minutes until it's available for the standalone.

I just noticed that loading lumber into the furnace takes a long time

I will check out what's going on there

_______________________________________________________________________________________

A new update is now available btw (0.9.2.1)! Multiplayer servers also need to be updated.

Changelog:

• [Change] Item animations now stop when opening the inventory or any other window
    • [Change] Changed default spawn position when creating a new world
    • [Change] Changed initial game time when creating a new world (early morning hours)
    • [Bugfix] Fixed apperance of glass panes (especially when refractions are turned off)
    • [Bugfix] Fixed missing labels in crafting menu
    • [Bugfix] Fixed crash when starting the game on 64 bit linux
    • [Bugfix] Fixed issues with wooden torch mount
    • [Bugfix] Fixed a sound issue when crafting an item
    • [Bugfix] Fixed a crash related to certain clothes
    • [Bugfix] Fixed connection issues in multiplayer on MacOS
  • Alright, looks like all the concerns and issues I had has been addressed so I'm now happy. All that i now have to deal with is my own anxiety again, yet everything else is fine. Can't wait for Tuesday night to have more fun :D

Thanks Red51, you're awesome. P2P is smooth as butter/silk, and I've experienced both sides of the P2P that it works well. :thumbsup:

• @red51 My biggest question about the Steam P2P Multiplayer is this:

If I invite friends to my world and I am recording locally, then close the game do my friends still continue to play or do they get kicked? I ask about this because if they do indeed get kicked when I exit the game or steam so I could begin editing or to another game; would it not be better to purchase a dedicated server instead? Like I said I'm a bit confused on this and how it all works. For example would I be able to whitelist with a password? Is it open to the community as in friends of friends or what? Can you please explain how this works because I am not a computer or Java technician, just your normal everyday guy that loves to play & record games. Thanks a million, keep up the amazing work! :)

Maybe flowing water, rivers and some cosmetics are next we never know Red is just that kind of guy that leaves you hanging in suspense ;):thumbup:

Edit: Also is anyone else getting teleported when trying to open a chest in single player?

• The server "crashes" when you close the game, just like any game without a dedicated server.
    This option is for playing at specific times, it's like visiting a friend and helping with a home makeover.
    If you do not show up the next day, he will continue to work alone.

• I and jon_miner diagnosed the problem to be a conflict with the chat time stamp plugin and the rcon chat transmissions. I removed the timestamp in the chat and rcon started to work properly.

I don't know where to report this but in the rcon tool it appears the in game chat is not being transmitted to the tool and the entries into chat from the tool are not being transmitted to the server.

• If I invite friends to my world and I am recording locally, then close the game do my friends still continue to play or do they get kicked? I ask about this because if they do indeed get kicked when I exit the game or steam so I could begin editing or to another game; would it not be better to purchase a dedicated server instead? Like I said I'm a bit confused on this and how it all works. For example would I be able to whitelist with a password? Is it open to the community as in friends of friends or what? Can you please explain how this works because I am not a computer or Java technician, just your normal everyday guy that loves to play & record games. Thanks a million, keep up the amazing work!

If you invite a friend but quit the game, your friend will get kicked ;) Basically the P2P feature allows you to host a multiplayer session on your game, i.e. friends are able to join your world. If you leave the game, they cannot play on your world of course. If you want people to play always independently of you, a dedicated server is the only solution. A dedicated server is also preferable if you either want to play with strangers, or with many people (Steam P2P is really only intended for playing with a few friends) ^^

Edit: Also is anyone else getting teleported when trying to open a chest in single player?

That sounds really strange ?( Do you use any plugins?

I and jon_miner diagnosed the problem to be a conflict with the chat time stamp plugin and the rcon chat transmissions. I removed the timestamp in the chat and rcon started to work properly.

Unfortunately the rcon tool does not receive chat messages sent by plugins (i.e. if you cancel the chat event and send customized messages instead). However, the latest API release (which is now available) provides methods to edit a chat message in the PlayerChatEvent directly (in this case, the RCON tool will receive the chat message)

• No plugins are being used at this time. It's happened while recording a couple times where I'm kicked out of a chest and teleported a few spaces from it. Not sure why this has happened but tomorrow I will be recording next weeks episodes. If I notice it again I'll make a brief clip of it and post it in the bug forums for you. Unless you prefer it to be posted elsewhere just let me know. Thanks @red51 :)

• This is OK it just made me choose between the 2 tools. The timestamp was causeing otherthings in the chat anyway. It would be nice if there was a time stamp in the rcon tool though.

Unfortunately the rcon tool does not receive chat messages sent by plugins (i.e. if you cancel the chat event and send customized messages instead). However, the latest API release (which is now available) provides methods to edit a chat message in the PlayerChatEvent directly (in this case, the RCON tool will receive the chat message)

• If I notice it again I'll make a brief clip of it and post it in the bug forums for you. Unless you prefer it to be posted elsewhere just let me know

Sounds great :) Just post it either in this thread, or more preferably create a new topic about that^^

This is OK it just made me choose between the 2 tools. The timestamp was causeing otherthings in the chat anyway. It would be nice if there was a time stamp in the rcon tool though.

Well, there is no timestamp in regular chat messages, and they only get forwarded to the RCON tool... but we're currently reworking the RCON tool anyway ;)

• Sounds great :) Just post it either in this thread, or more preferably create a new topic about that^^

Well, there is no timestamp in regular chat messages, and they only get forwarded to the RCON tool... but we're currently reworking the RCON tool anyway ;)

can't weight to see the improvements. and the rcon could access the local computer's time clock. The stamp doesn't have to be in game, just associated with the local time it was sent to rcon. and it would be nice to have an option to log the chat sessions. May be with a time limit on how long the logs are kept too? and would it be possible to have an auto reconnect function for server restarts?

• I know this is an old problem but could you fix the problem with the map folder name resetting every time the server name changes in the server list. It is getting really annoying to have to go into my map folder and copy the new map folder's name and delete it and rename the old folder to get my maps back every time the server name is tweeked. Shouldn't it be running off the data base name and not the server list name of the server in combination with the IP address??

• and would it be possible to have an auto reconnect function for server restarts?

The server application cannot restart itself. At least there is no reliable way to do that. The only way to do that is by using an external script.

I know this is an old problem but could you fix the problem with the map folder name resetting every time the server name changes in the server list

It's definitely something that needs to be addressed. We really want to move the map data to the server anyway, so it's no longer stored on client side.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!