Can't start new server (0.9.2)

• Fresh installlation, Windows 7 pro 64bis / 16Gb memory / latest Java 64bits JDK (dafault installation)

Log here :

• Good that you mention this, because I'm having the same problem myself (Slackware). I thought I was stuffing something up - and very well may be - but seeing it happen to someone else on a different OS means it might not be me after all heh.

bash-4.4$ ./linux_startscript.sh start
    Sukeyland-arisen is successfully started
    bash-4.4$ ./linux_startscript.sh status
    Sukeyland-arisen is not running

----

With pretty much the exact error message as you:

• It looks like the issue is caused by Java 9... according to the log, certain methods of the underlying engine are not supported anymore by Java 9.
    Actually the game and the server haven't been tested with Java 9 yet. I'd recommend to rollback to Java 8 (unless you run software which requires at least Java 9, there should be nothing to worry about by using Java 9) and see if the issue still persists :)

• It looks like the issue is caused by Java 9... according to the log, certain methods of the underlying engine are not supported anymore by Java 9.
    Actually the game and the server haven't been tested with Java 9 yet. I'd recommend to rollback to Java 8 (unless you run software which requires at least Java 9, there should be nothing to worry about by using Java 8) and see if the issue still persists :)

It's the right solution, it works now. Thank you.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!