In Game Camera Object

• What I'm suggesting is for a plausible VR function for Rising World, yet believe it should also be its very own object in the game as well.

(VR topic)
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/…tp=2#c1692659769954532691

I feel that whenever Red51 has a dull day he could just add in cameras to go all Instagram & filters with things that we, the players, can then have fun messing about with those things. Whatever images we take we could probably add filters to them, even applying them directly into posters without needing to exit the client. Older cameras could simply be grainy black & white to eventually be retro 80's coloured, and etc until we get to more modern cameras to be pure crispy quality. Having a camera in game should also re-enable the landscape mode, something you just don't get in VR.

If Red51 feels generious and ambitious I wouldn't mind seeing a 360 bubble of an image, yet that's not really necessary. Just being able to take images in VR with an Oculus Rift would be handy. Even as a stand-alone item for others to use as well, thus this request here.

This camera suggestion basically comes about from my frustration with the Oculus Rift that having an in-game item should hopefully mend any issues with such. I wouldn't have to bug someone to jump on to take pictures, and etc. I wouldn't need to press two buttons at the same time, nor would I have to fight with Subnautica's menu. Having it all in game with the camera would add to a great "quality of life" to those that have fun taking 'scenic' images. The Oculus Rift forces you to hold two buttons that they then end up being portrait flat that what I"m suggesting is more of a "quality of life" suggestion over anything else.

Not really focused on it, yet Minecraft also has a camera item in a very certain version: https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Camera

A suggestion for gaming "quality of life", VR support, as well as a stand-alone suggestion as well.

• I need to bump this up again after having to deal with no shows for a Canada Day festivities that I'm close to being livid. If I'm going to celebrate Canada Day solo then I honestly wish we had a camera object in Rising World the behaves similar to how it behaves in VRchat where you can angle it to take pictures instantly, or at timed intervals. Why? For fireworks.... among other particle & future related things. Maybe some scenic train shots, or something.

33+ seconds in showing you what the camera looks like. I'm just spoiled by the camera because using the yellow button clicking it three times you can set it in place to view whatever you're pointed it at. Tying that with a timer allows me to take pictures without needing anybody else to be there. Tying this camera in with trying to take fireworks shots in Rising World when people were busy or MIA would have helped things greatly....... Just to note I don't blame anybody for no showing, but I do blame Nighthawk for ignoring his friends. Otherwise, just salty I'm lacking some game features complicating some things........ I mean, Walter would have a blast being able to position cameras in interesting positions in combination of ReShade.

Salty that I wish we had this camera feature in the game. I don't want to force Red51 to add in this feature, just that today was one of those days I wish I could have used VRchat's camera feature in Rising World to set up some good images. :(

• Sorry to hear about your no show. However I think that an in game camera is a great idea. I play a little of railway empire and they brought out a new feature called Ansel which is some thing that owners of Nvidia graphics cards users can use a camera that they can move freely to take picture s even record I think. Something perhaps Red could implement for rising world.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!