Stuck In Offline Mode

• Not sure why but I was getting ready to record some Rising World for today and I got kicked out of my own single player world. It said that I was in offline mode and even tested this out by trying to join some multiplayer servers but they were all highlighted in red as well. Not sure what happened but I even had trouble connecting to this forum and http://www.rising-world.net so I sent you a tweet on twitter. Guessing at this time you've may or may not have figured out what happened but I wanted to report this anyway. When will we be able to connect again? I'm unsure if playing in offline mode will save any progress so I closed the game for the time being. Hopefully this can be resolved soon. Thanks in advance in case you've already fixed this.

• in offline mode it will save all progress since the worlds are anyway saved locally and not in any cloud server. Though steam cloud will not sync them if you have that enabled.

It was probably a short problem from the steam servers since a few of our players said they experienced the same problem as you describe.

• Still won't connect today, this is still an ongoing issue for others too?

• yes RW has been under DDoS attack for the past few days, earlier this evening included. Unfortunately there is not much that can be done to prevent, counter it so please be patient :/

• yes RW has been under DDoS attack for the past few days, earlier this evening included. Unfortunately there is not much that can be done to prevent, counter it so please be patient :/

Rising World is actually in a network with DDoS protection. Due to the issue of automatically detecting those attaks, it is really hard to prevent at least a little downtime. Think about it in the way a fuse can handle a certain amount of current... Well same with network security, but without the limitation, so if a automatic system detects paterns and/or reconize weird amounts of "current", it then automatically shuts the source off... This is fast, but means that some of the "current" is still being sent to the server.

Be assured that they will still be hitten by DDoS, even when you are having a connection. It just got filtered. :)

• Any updates on this? Still showing as Offline for me. Been like that for over 12 hours now.

• Any updates on this? Still showing as Offline for me. Been like that for over 12 hours now.

The hive is most likely been hit by more DDoS attack's witch can crash the server and cause it to go off line oO

yep some people have nothing better to do than silly cyber war games, most attacker's give up after some time so we just have to be patient till then :rolleyes:

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png

The DDoS attack was more than 24 hours ago... but it looks like your IP address got banned accidentally =O Some addresses got banned during the attack (as a countermeasure), maybe you tried to login at the same time. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience, the ban was lifted now of course :)

• Great, thanks for letting me know. Now I can get on with building extremely ugly things!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!