Admin Permissions keepinventory?

• Hi!,
    I have created a server and everything seems to be working alright EXCEPT...
    when I login I am a regular player, so I added myself to admin under the server file.
    I am able to do all of the default admin commands and abilities just fine this way, except I am unable to keep inventory on death.
    I have this ability set up in general and it works for regular members, however I am unable to have the same abilities in admin.
    I tried adding a general section in the admin permissions file, but still nothing. I can not for the life of me figure out how to give myself keep inventory as admin. The only way I can seem to get around this is to do my admin functions then shut down the server and remove myself as admin from the server file and restart the server again. This is frustrating to other players. What am I doing wrong. I have been searching the forums and can't seem to find this subject.
    Thank you!

• Are you adding your self to the group Permission file you have made as Admin, even if your a server admin you need to add your self

in the groups Permission file make a group called Admin or what ever you like set the rules as you wish for admins

then open the console in game and type addplayertogroup Admin username

all Permissions should then be set for you

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Here is what my group Permission file looks like for my Khagan group

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Thank you SO much! I finally got it working! I truly appreciate the help!

• actually if I add myself to group Admin, it removes all of my commands. I have keep inventory etc, but I no longer have any owner abilities. It takes me back to general permissions

• actually if I add myself to group Admin, it removes all of my commands. I have keep inventory etc, but I no longer have any owner abilities. It takes me back to general permissions

Then if this happens its just a matter of adjusting the Admin file rights, btw it does not have to be the admin group you can make another file and name it anything you like, say God then you join the God group and in that group all Permission are set to what ever you want.

Something like this

permissions/groups/God.permissions

This should give you all permissions

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Thank you! I finally got that working. Now my only issues is every time I log out of the game I have to reassign myself to my admin group. At least it's a major step in the right direction! :)

• Thank you! I finally got that working. Now my only issues is every time I log out of the game I have to reassign myself to my admin group. At least it's a major step in the right direction! :)

Once you add your self to a group you should say in the group oO IDK why you would be removed from it :/ maybe you should look inside the RW database and see if you have indeed been added, if not then something is not working right.

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Yes, when I add myself to my admin group all settings are correct. When I restart the game all of my admin abilities given by the admin group are removed and I have to add myself to the group each time I log in

• I have yet to figure out why I am kicked out of the admin group each time I relogin to the server. When I type it says admin next to my name but none of my set admin permissions are available until I type setplayergroup and put myself into the admin category again.

I would love to be able to set other players to groups but if it doesn't stick for me, I double it will stick for them either.

• I have yet to figure out why I am kicked out of the admin group each time I relogin to the server. When I type it says admin next to my name but none of my set admin permissions are available until I type setplayergroup and put myself into the admin category again.

I would love to be able to set other players to groups but if it doesn't stick for me, I double it will stick for them either.

what group are you put into ? are you running my plugin Auto Levels by any chance ?

when your hold down tab you should see your details something like this

IDPlayerNameGroupDistancePlaying TimePing
    1yahgiggle[Admin]Khagan015d 2:4832

note: Admin next to my name this should always stay Admin as i have been added to the server.properties file as a server Admin

under Group it should always show what ever group you have been added to unless you have Auto Levels installed and that plugin has no groups setup for Admins
    infact if you dont have Auto levels installed maybe you could install it because this plugin will put you back into the group you want even if you got removed somehow,

Also note under the server.properties file - settings_default_newplayer_group=NewPlayer NewPlayer should be set to what ever group you have made for New Players who log into your server, of cause you also need the group NewPlayer inside your permissions/groups folder with its permissions setup

now for my Auto levels plugin you could use this, first you make a set of groups for my server i have

"1" "Khagan" "0" "0"
    "2" "Surveyor" "0" "28800"
    "3" "Settler" "28801" "86400"
    "4" "Builder" "86401" "201600"
    "5" "Architect" "201601" "432000"
    "6" "Engineer" "432001" "892800"
    "7" "Moderator" "892801" "1814400"
    "8" "Admin" "1814401" "999999999999999"

the group Surveyor is my settings_default_newplayer_group=Surveyor group because its the group i want all users to start with

you will note i have an Admin group, this Admin group is my last level and it gives the players 99% of the things a real server admin can do with out even been added to the server admin group

The group Khagan is the group i made for my server Admins note how the group has 0 0 after it, this is the setting you set when adding this group to auto levels and when you add a player to that group they can not be moved out of it in other words they wall always be in the Khagan group

you need to setup your groups then install the Auto Levels plugin, then setup the groups for auto levels in game in the chat

so in chat your would type

/grouphelp
    To add auto levels to your server you frist need to make groups then you can use this plugin to move your users to each group after a set time
    use /addgroup [groupname] [starttime] [endtime]

Example: /addgroup Khagan 0 0 <--------- note i added 0 0 for the Khagan group who ever is put into this group will never be moved out
    Example: /addgroup Settler 0 3600
    Example: /addgroup Builder 3601 7200
    Example: /addgroup Admin 7201 14400

Note the spelling of the groups need to be 100% the same, all times are done in seconds

Other commands
    /delgroup [id] removeds the group
    /listgroups to view added groups and there ids

/closegroups to closed the view of the added group list

also its important to setup your group right in the groups folder

the settings should look something like this

group: (Khagan)
    groupcolor: 0xFFd700
    chatcolor: 0xFFd700
    chatnamecolor: 0xFFd700
    chatprefix: (Khagan)
    chatsuffix: (Khagan)
    chatprefixcolor: 0xFFd700
    chatsuffixcolor: 0xFFd700
    shownametag: true
    nametagcolor: 0xFFd700
    nametagprefix: (Khagan)
    nametagprefixcolor: 0xFFd700
    nametagsuffixcolor: 0xFFd700
    showadmintag: false <------------ see this setting will hide the Admin server tag and show the group tag you have set if this is set true then it wont work and you may see no group name at all

My Own Website

31245-logo-png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!