Wowza! Errors java.lang.NullPointerException

• Just one more question :)

Does this method require a repaint call? The welcome message doesn't show up when entering the server, but if I type "reloadplugins" I see the Welcome message twice.

I shall begin perusing the javadoc :)

• Do you have a PayPal donate page anywhere Red? I'd like to buy you a beer!

Hehe, that's not necessary, but thanks anyway :D I'm glad to hear it works now :)

Does this method require a repaint call? The welcome message doesn't show up when entering the server, but if I type "reloadplugins" I see the Welcome message twice.

Well, the PlayerConnectEvent is triggered when a player joins the server (i.e. once the connection is established). Incoming chat messages do not get processed while the player is still in the loading screen (but even if the chat message would show up, you won't see it if the loading process takes more than a few seconds^^). If you want so send something like a welcome message, it's preferable to use the PlayerSpawnEvent instead ;) It's called when the loading process is completed and the player spawns (not to be confused with the PlayerRespawnEvent, which is called when a player respawns after death).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!