Changelog 2018-02-14: Getting rid of the hive...

• A small server update was released. Maybe it's necessary to tweak the server_query setting again (only if your server does not show up in the list!). Here is an explanation what the server_query_ip setting does:

server_query_ip set to -1Query server binds to all addresses
    server_query_ip set to 0Query server uses server_ip setting
    server_query_ip not blankProvided query ip is used
    server_query_ip blank and server_ip blankQuery server binds to all addresses
    all other casesQuery server binds to public server ip
  • A small server update was released. Maybe it's necessary to tweak the server_query setting again (only if your server does not show up in the list!). Here is an explanation what the server_query_ip setting does:

server_query_ip set to -1Query server binds to all addresses
    server_query_ip set to 0Query server uses server_ip setting
    server_query_ip not blankProvided query ip is used
    server_query_ip blank and server_ip blankQuery server binds to all addresses
    all other casesQuery server binds to public server ip

on GTX leave entry blank to show in all lists. all others will show in some but not show in all lists

• @sharkbitefischer When you say blank for your GTX server, is this with an IP set for server_ip?

This is just getting too confusing...
    I set my GTX server to an IP set for server_ip and server_query_ip set to Blank

Server shows in both Steam and Game lists, but the IP is incorrect in the Steam list.

I think, when I had the IP set in server_ip and server_query_ip set to -1, then it showed in all lists and IP correct...

• in server.properties it looks like this exactly

server_query_ip=

blank as no entry.

server ip remains the same.

new update.

• I set my GTX server to an IP set for server_ip and server_query_ip set to Blank

Usually you don't have to touch the server_ip field (unless you run it on your own server), it's set by the hoster (although most hosters overwrite this setting anyway when starting the server). Setting the server_query_ip is just a temporary workaround until we implemented all necessary changes with the hosters, but for the time being, -1 seems to be working for Nitrado, and leaving the field blank apparently works for GTX.

• Usually you don't have to touch the server_ip field (unless you run it on your own server), it's set by the hoster (although most hosters overwrite this setting anyway when starting the server). Setting the server_query_ip is just a temporary workaround until we implemented all necessary changes with the hosters, but for the time being, -1 seems to be working for Nitrado, and leaving the field blank apparently works for GTX.

sorry red51 I just try all options out first and then pick the best of the choices. It is a habit of mine :)

• @sharkbitefischer: Hehe the main thing is it works now :D (or is there still an issue with a server not being visible?)

------------------------------------

We just released a small update, admins don't necessarily have to update their servers, but it's still recommended ;)

Hotfix 2018-02-19:

• [New] Added server_query_ip setting to define the query server ip for servers
    • [Change] Removed some unnecessary debug output
    • [Bugfix] Fixed some server browser issues
    • [Bugfix] Players are now able to join your game if the dedicated server was started from Steam
    • [Bugfix] Fixed issue with music not being muted properly when volume was set to 0
    • [Bugfix] Fixed crash when running multiple instances of the server
    • [Bugfix] Fixed SteamAPI init error when starting the server
  • correction I do not know what changed while I was asleep but when I wok up this morning my server was not showing in the steam main list and in the game main list. I switched the setting to -1 and they all came back.

to remind you I am on GTX

also my IP address in steam is wrong again. but it is correct in the game lists.

also experiencing lag issues but not Shure what is causing them.

• 2 quick questions,
    1. has the rcon tool been updated to deal with uid's
    2.i can't set my player name to my original devyn, keeps flashing red is there some kind of name convention?

thanks
    Devyn

• 1. has the rcon tool been updated to deal with uid's

Not yet as far as I am aware

2.i can't set my player name to my original devyn, keeps flashing red is there some kind of name convention?

very weird issue :/ Have you tried using another name just to test if any other name with the same number of characters will also flash red? Could you maybe post a screenshot of what you are seeing exactly?

• 1. has the rcon tool been updated to deal with uid's

Unfortunately the current RCON tool isn't fully compatible anymore... but we will release a fully reworked RCON tool soon ;)

This seems to be an issue caused by reserved names, it will be fixed with the next update!

I found the problem and it was related to me having a download going and using all my band width. oh well live and learn lol.

Well, unfortunately the Steam server browser isn't always reliable, and since Steam only uses UDP to query servers (and there is always a chance that UDP messages get lost), it's possible that certain servers sometimes disappear for no apparent reason (refreshing the list usually does the trick).

Sometimes it's also helpful to reduce the "Max pings / minute" for the server browser. To do that, go to your Steam Settings (Steam -> Settings) to the "In-Game" tab and reduce the "In-Game server browser: Max pings / minute" value (500 or 1000 seems to be a good value) ^^

• Well, unfortunately the Steam server browser isn't always reliable, and since Steam only uses UDP to query servers (and there is always a chance that UDP messages get lost), it's possible that certain servers sometimes disappear for no apparent reason (refreshing the list usually does the trick).
    Sometimes it's also helpful to reduce the "Max pings / minute" for the server browser. To do that, go to your Steam Settings (Steam -> Settings) to the "In-Game" tab and reduce the "In-Game server browser: Max pings / minute" value (500 or 1000 seems to be a good value) ^^

well it wouldn't have been that bad if it weren't for the fact that "no server" showed at all, even the in game lists were blank. That is what spooked me. Not a 1 sever was showing at all until I stopped my download. But I discovered the problem and it was the operator not the machine this time.

• now this is weard. I haven't chainged any settings but my IP in the steam server list is wrong and I can not connect to my server from the steam server list or favorites list but the in game lists work fine. This started this morning. about 10 hrs ago.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!