server private! no steam server!

• Hi,

I very sad, my personal server is on my synology server, but since the new update 0.9.2.2 my server is not match with this new version.
    i look and read your update and i very angry. You valide the SERVERCMD on steam .....

Please return on your old first strategy. And never forget why you create this game and your root !!!

Best regard for this game BEFORE this update 0.9.2.2

• Before this update, user authentication was handled by our own servers. However, we experienced several DDoS attacks in the last weeks (which resulted in downtimes of the game), so we eventually decided to get rid of our authentication server and move user authentication to Steam. We had no other options, since the only countermeasure would be to get a lot more servers, but we simply don't have the funds for that. Since more than 99% of the RW users are using the Steam version anyway, moving authentication to Steam is definitely the most preferable solution.

Nevertheless, there is no need to have Steam installed in order to run the server. It also supports anonymous login (so no need to own the game). Even standalone users can play on the Steam server. But since the Steam libraries are shipped with the server, it requires some changes to run the server. If you have problems setting up the server, we will gladly help you to solve the issue.

• @kiksoft
    Would you mind clarifying precisely what the problem is? The server files can now be anonymously downloaded via steamcmd.

@red51 gave an overview on how to do this. Link below. I've followed similar procedure on a few other games I run a server on and have no issue. I've even written some easy update scripts to automate updating and restarting the service.

So how to install steam on linux to make the new server run now ?

• @zfoxfire
    My problem is my server private is a SYNOLOGY not linux(centos or ubuntu full install), before i download the new server *.gz or *.zip for server dedicate on this forum.
    i deflate on my server , i duplicate my policy on my WORLD and in proprety user/password on my game.
    i launch steam my beautifull marvellous RISING WORLD (very best game!!!) and i connect on my serveur IP, i insert my password and start game on my WORLD.

now :(

to get around the problem, I get my world back and implement locally. but no more synology server

Regard.

@red51 : Thanks for your explications !!!! 8o continue your great job on this very best games 8o8o8o8o8o

• Thanks ;) But if you cannot use SteamCMD on the target machine, you could try to run it on another machine as a workaround to download the server files, and copy them manually to your synology machine. Although if it's a different OS, you may use the +@sSteamCmdForcePlatformType linux (or "windows") option in SteamCMD.

We would offer the server files on our homepage, but since the Steam redistributables need to be shipped with the server, I'm not sure if we're allowed to do that, so for the time being, they're only available through Steam unfortunately...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!