Game uses alot of CPU

• Is there way to limit FPS in or something to reduce CPU usage? My game runs 120-200fps and uses 80-90% cpu all the time. When I move around world in my friends p2p server my ping goes between 50-31000 and I need to stay still in some small area and then game functions ok in that area. Rly hard to explore.

• Is there way to limit FPS in or something to reduce CPU usage? My game runs 120-200fps and uses 80-90% cpu all the time. When I move around world in my friends p2p server my ping goes between 50-31000 and I need to stay still in some small area and then game functions ok in that area. Rly hard to explore.

nice FPS :-)

for your FPS there should be some setting in your video settings on your computer to set max frame rate but if not you
    could goto the game settings and tic VSync this should drop your FPS down to match your screen

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • I will try vsync next time. I got nvidia card and drivers so I guess I can try something with those? Any specific setting I should add to risingworldx64.exe ? Also forgot to add my specs if those matter. nvidia gtx 1060 3gb, i5 3570K, 16gb, rising world installed to ssd.

• I will try vsync next time. I got nvidia card and drivers so I guess I can try something with those? Any specific setting I should add to risingworldx64.exe ? Also forgot to add my specs if those matter. nvidia gtx 1060 3gb, i5 3570K, 16gb, rising world installed to ssd.

the settings that you can adjust all depend on the video cards software

i think from the top of my head Nvidia also have a Vertical Sync option, but you will need to have a look and play around
    most screens are 60 to 120Hz some are 240hz IDK what your screen is but if your screen is 120hz or under then Vertical Sync
    might help, if your screen can handle 240hz then most likey i would not tic that box as it wont do a thing for you

For high CPU usage dropping the fps shouldn't realy make much of a difference because its your GPU that does most of processing not your CPU for frames,
    but you do have a very high CPU usage oO

i would be more looking at throttling due to overheating
    this cause's your cpu to look like its using more % because in fact there is far less cpu to be used because its been turned down.

The cpu throttling also explains the lag problems your getting

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png

Edited once, last by yahgiggle ().

• vsync limits my fps to 60 so it works. If I go to single player or any public server everything works fine and my cpu stays at 40-45% with and without vsync. Tested with 2 pub server and ran around starting village. When I go to my friends p2p server my cpu jumps up.

• vsync limits my fps to 60 so it works. If I go to single player or any public server everything works fine and my cpu stays at 40-45% with and without vsync. Tested with 2 pub server and ran around starting village. When I go to my friends p2p server my cpu jumps up.

40-45% sounds about right :-)

happy that the vsync worked for you.

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • It didint work. vsync limited my fps but cpu is still very high in p2p servers but not in single player or public servers. Unlucky for me p2p is the way I wanna play.

• I believe it's just how the game is currently programmed. I have an i7 with SLI graphics and it will munch up 100% CPU for me too at times.

Here is the fix (workaround) though. Launch the game, go into your task manager and change the CPU affinity. I run Rising World off of just two cores without issue (one might suffice!) and the other cores run the OS and other applications just fine.

P.s. in case you need help with this - set process affinity

• My friend set up the server to his linux server that was running very low on usage. Works ok now even tho problem still probably exist in p2p mode.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!